Liberty Hill vs Crosby

wbfan

1 hour ago, CowbellCoog said:

Incorrect, Visitor side is sold out, and the home side has 345 tickets left. Imo this matchup should have been played at a much larger stadium being a 5th round game. 

Or stop with the ridiculous capacity limitations.  It’s an 11,000 seat stadium.  How many tickets are being.sold? 

Slot T will usually mask a lack of overall talent top to bottom with precision blocking and deception, but what I have noticed at the 5A and 6A level it usually only gets you so far before you meet a group that is just as disciplined and will slow them down, make them get out of their comfort zone and pass a lot more. Fact is once you get this deep the teams are all very sound, disciplined and do the little things correctly. Then it's no longer about scheme as much as it is about talent. I got Crosby with the W. 

16 hours ago, badndn said:

Slot T will usually mask a lack of overall talent top to bottom with precision blocking and deception, but what I have noticed at the 5A and 6A level it usually only gets you so far before you meet a group that is just as disciplined and will slow them down, make them get out of their comfort zone and pass a lot more. Fact is once you get this deep the teams are all very sound, disciplined and do the little things correctly. Then it's no longer about scheme as much as it is about talent. I got Crosby with the W. 

Well we have a 6A and 5A team in the state semifinals running slot-t. 

Anyone have any idea how many Teams run the Slot T?   Doubt there’s that many, but yet there’s one in 5A & one in 6A in the State semis.   And if the Slot T mask overall talent, makes one wonder what a talented team could do with that offense.   How about FBM running it with their speed and size?   Imo, only thing it needs to be an awesome offense is a QB that can pass.   Vidor’s QB runs a lot, but in the films I’ve watched of Liberty Hill, their QB rarely, if ever does.   Just because it’s different doesn’t make it bad.

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Anyone have any idea how many Teams run the Slot T?   Doubt there’s that many, but yet there’s one in 5A & one in 6A in the State semis.   And if the Slot T mask overall talent, makes one wonder what a talented team could do with that offense.   How about FBM running it with their speed and size?   Imo, only thing it needs to be an awesome offense is a QB that can pass.   Vidor’s QB runs a lot, but in the films I’ve watched of Liberty Hill, their QB rarely, if ever does.   Just because it’s different doesn’t make it bad.

Imagine Manvel athletes in that system. Although I think the argument is those kids want to be prepared for college football and as basically only Army and Navy still run that system, if you're a D1 athlete why would you go to a school with that system instead of move next door.  

40 minutes ago, Eazy said:

I say they both lose.  Buda Hays defeating Katy would be the upset of the weekend.  

Hays lines up in the slot-t but they don’t really run a conventional version of it. For instance, their qb has over 1,500 yards passing in the 12 games he’s played and nobody on the team has over 1,000 rushing yards. QB is 300 rushing yards clear of everybody else on the team with 959 yards. FBM runs a conventional offense and they had 4,291 rushing in 13 games.

The way Hays runs the slot-t is going to easier for Katy to defend IMO and has me thinking they might not even score on the Tiger’s starters. 

4 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Imagine Manvel athletes in that system. Although I think the argument is those kids want to be prepared for college football and as basically only Army and Navy still run that system, if you're a D1 athlete why would you go to a school with that system instead of move next door.  

Manvel produces big time receivers on the regular. Running the slot-t would take away a huge advantage they have on the outside in the passing game over almost every other 5A team in the class. 

4 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Agreed, This is quote from Liberty Hill Coach Jerry Vance who started using the slot-t in the mid 2000’s who won a couple of State Championships.

“We don’t have great big kids. There isn’t a lot of 4.4-speed at Liberty Hill,” Vance said. “What we do lends itself to the average high school kid. It’s not about being bigger or taller or even faster. What we do is about execution. We do what works for us.”

And if that sounds like a complaint, it isn’t.

“I’d struggle to coach the elite kids. I do better with the workmanlike football player with us running an unselfish system on offense and defense. We don’t need a back to carry the ball 30 times for us to win a game,” Vance said. “If we’re willing to work hard, we’ll be successful. It isn’t about the individual. It never has been. That’s why we win.”

Liberty Hill was the perfect fit — a workman-like rural town on Highway 281 between Georgetown and Burnet. The Panthers suffered through a long-spell of losing before Vance’s arrival from a previous stop as a coordinator at San Marcos High School.

“I’m not a rah-rah guy. If I need to get you excited for a game, you’re doing the wrong thing. We don’t have 1,000 jersey combinations or anything like that,” Vance said. “Liberty Hill ended up being the perfect place for me, as a coach and for my family. It felt like the right fit when we took the job and it ended up being the perfect situation. I was fortunate, no doubt about it.”

Jasper played them in either the regional finals or State Semis several years back.  LH offense is the best Slot-T I have ever seen by far.  Jasper had no answer for them.  Jasper was just too athletic for LH and scored 3 TDs in about 4 offense plays to start the game.  It came down to the last drive of the game for the win.

Kind sense it might be another one of those type of games.  LH will get their points and I am sure Crosby will too.  Fewest turnover or maybe even who has the ball last might decide this game.

Watching highlights of their last game, LH had several 70+ yds TD’s.  Don’t see that happening against Crosby.   They have the speed to run the RB’s down.  LH may still score, but I don’t anticipate any 70 yd TD’s.  But wait, I’ve been wrong before.  😂

22 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I dont post much, but I have read this several times in this thread and want to clarify, Army and Navy run the flexbone not the Slot-T. These two offenses are very different from one another, while you can do similar things out of both, the essence of Slot-T is a power run game; where as with the flexbone the primary factor is the option game. Just wanted to clear that up.

1 hour ago, LC2005 said:

I dont post much, but I have read this several times in this thread and want to clarify, Army and Navy run the flexbone not the Slot-T. These two offenses are very different from one another, while you can do similar things out of both, the essence of Slot-T is a power run game; where as with the flexbone the primary factor is the option game. Just wanted to clear that up.

To be clear it's the closest thing the college game has to a slot-t