Liberty Hill vs Crosby

wbfan

21 minutes ago, Realville said:

The blocking by every player on the offense is pretty impressive. 

Absolutely.  Several times, in both videos, there are blockers with no one to block.  Almost seems like they have 13 players on Offense.   See they had two lost fumbles against Pioneer.   That’ll cost them big against Crosby.   At this stage, turnovers & dumb penalties (like FBM) will often decide the winner.  Crosby will probably be the best D they’ve faced all year, but though few admit it, or acknowledge it, sometimes football is like basketball in the sense of, it’s all about matchups.   How will the Crosby D matchup against the LH Slot T?   Evidently LH doesn’t have much D, so Crosby’s O should run rampant.  LH must do the same to win.  I still think, except for defensive purist, it’ll be an exciting game.

40 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Absolutely.  Several times, in both videos, there are blockers with no one to block.  Almost seems like they have 13 players on Offense.   See they had two lost fumbles against Pioneer.   That’ll cost them big against Crosby.   At this stage, turnovers & dumb penalties (like FBM) will often decide the winner.  Crosby will probably be the best D they’ve faced all year, but though few admit it, or acknowledge it, sometimes football is like basketball in the sense of, it’s all about matchups.   How will the Crosby D matchup against the LH Slot T?   Evidently LH doesn’t have much D, so Crosby’s O should run rampant.  LH must do the same to win.  I still think, except for defensive purist, it’ll be an exciting game.

After reading the article below Pioneer’s QB probably had something to do with making LH’s defense not look that good. He’s a D1 commit to UTSA. Although they have given up a pretty good amount of points in the playoffs. 

Crosby has already played 4 state ranked teams plus several other teams that have them ready to get to a state final.  

Yes, Liberty Hill is a good team with a difficult offense to prepare for.  But they have not played strong teams.  Liberty Hill was in a weak district (I know, so was FBM) and Region 4 is not strong.  It’s Austin area and Rio Grande.  Not even Corpus has teams.  They have only been challenged in the last 2 weeks by non state ranked teams and gave up 95 points.  They did, however, beat Boerne Champion 41-0 which shows to me you can’t take them lightly. I would have thought that game would be close.  

Obviously, no one can predict turnovers but Crosby has done an excellent job in the playoffs of holding onto the ball.  Yes, they are going to have to study for the slot-T test this week, but this Friday on Final exam day, Crosby is going to bring athletes that are better than Rio Grande and I just think Crosby will win this game.  My two cents. 

1 hour ago, Eazy said:

Crosby has already played 4 state ranked teams plus several other teams that have them ready to get to a state final.  

Yes, Liberty Hill is a good team with a difficult offense to prepare for.  But they have not played strong teams.  Liberty Hill was in a weak district (I know, so was FBM) and Region 4 is not strong.  It’s Austin area and Rio Grande.  Not even Corpus has teams.  They have only been challenged in the last 2 weeks by non state ranked teams and gave up 95 points.  They did, however, beat Boerne Champion 41-0 which shows to me you can’t take them lightly. I would have thought that game would be close.  

Obviously, no one can predict turnovers but Crosby has done an excellent job in the playoffs of holding onto the ball.  Yes, they are going to have to study for the slot-T test this week, but this Friday on Final exam day, Crosby is going to bring athletes that are better than Rio Grande and I just think Crosby will win this game.  My two cents. 

As I said, matchups.  Crosby most likely had better athletes last year & Vidor beat them by 10.   But the new DC may do a better job.  Jmo, but one main thing you need to stop it is discipline.  Don’t take the fakes. I was, like Realville, very impressed with the blocking of LH.  They have it down to an art form, lol.  LH biggest problem is their D stopping Crosby.  I’ll be surprised if it’s even mid range scoring in the game.  O/U at 100?

7 hours ago, Realville said:

After reading the article below Pioneer’s QB probably had something to do with making LH’s defense not look that good. He’s a D1 commit to UTSA. Although they have given up a pretty good amount of points in the playoffs. 

You’re right.  That Pioneer QB, Eddie Marburger, would make any defense look bad.  Kid has all the tools.  Most impressive QB I’ve seen in a long time.  Admittedly, I don’t see many, 😜.

8 hours ago, Eazy said:

That’s a good win over a usually salty Champion squad. Even though Del Valle was 3-6 I still give LH credit for being able to beat a 6A team with their personnel. Giving up 95 points the last two weeks tells me Crosby is in it no matter how good OR bad we defend them though. At one point it said LH had something like 13 penalties for 118 yards with a lot of those being penalties on their secondary because they struggled to cover. Add that to Pioneer’s yardage total and they’re well over 700 also. 

This year feels eerily similar to when PL Calhoun ran through region 4 with the slot-t in 2013. They were 13-1 and had even knocked off defending champ Cedar Park in the third round when they met Brenham in the semis. Brenham made a run through region 3 which included a one point game with Dayton in the 2nd round, a 3rd round win over 12-0 Texas City and a 4th round win over 13-0 George Ranch. Sound familiar?

Brenham had a defensive and personnel PLC hadn’t seen all year. I’m feeling more and more confident Crosby can play that role against LH this year. 

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

As I said, matchups.  Crosby most likely had better athletes last year & Vidor beat them by 10.   But the new DC may do a better job.  Jmo, but one main thing you need to stop it is discipline.  Don’t take the fakes. I was, like Realville, very impressed with the blocking of LH.  They have it down to an art form, lol.  LH biggest problem is their D stopping Crosby.  I’ll be surprised if it’s even mid range scoring in the game.  O/U at 100?

Crosby has never faced a slot-t offense with the current scheme or quality of personnel we have now. Much like everything else that has happened prior to this year, I wouldn’t put too much onus on it.

The same thing you say about Crosby defending the slot-t prior to this year can be said about Crosby defending generally any offense, they didn’t do a great job. Crosby has given up way more points to speed teams in recent years than slot-t teams and beat Santa Fe, who also runs the slot-t, 50-0 earlier this year. 

I think Crosby has showed most people this year that you can’t put too much emphasis on past years, otherwise we would’ve already given up 40 and lost by double digits in the second round. 

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That’s a good win over a usually salty Champion squad. Even though Del Valle was 3-6 I still give LH credit for being able to beat a 6A team with their personnel. Giving up 95 points the last two weeks tells me Crosby is in it no matter how good OR bad we defend them though. At one point it said LH had something like 13 penalties for 118 yards with a lot of those being penalties on their secondary because they struggled to cover. Add that to Pioneer’s yardage total and they’re well over 700 also. 

This year feels eerily similar to when PL Calhoun ran through region 4 with the slot-t in 2013. They were 13-1 and had even knocked off defending champ Cedar Park in the third round when they met Brenham in the semis. Brenham made a run through region 3 which included a one point game with Dayton in the 2nd round, a 3rd round win over 12-0 Texas City and a 4th round win over 13-0 George Ranch. Sound familiar?

Brenham had a defensive and personnel PLC hadn’t seen all year. I’m feeling more and more confident Crosby can play that role against LH this year. 

That was EXACTLY the game I was thinking of back when the Sandcrabs played Brenham and I think Brenham returned two fumbles for TD’s.  We heard the same thing about the unstoppable slot-t then also.  Fear Not. 

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I was at the Brenham game and the game was over in the first quarter. Brenham's  defensive line was so quick and disruptive the Crabs were lucky to hand the ball off without a loss or a fumble. The Crabs offense could never get into a rhythm  and were shell shocked the whole game.

13 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Find Coach Glen West for a consultation. 

Pigskin Prep has Crosby favored by 2. 

PLC that year had the #1 rated offensive in the nation in their class. Just goes to show you when you meet up with a superior team with coaching the stats go out the window.  By the second half Crosby  cruises for the win.

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby has never faced a slot-t offense with the current scheme or quality of personnel we have now. Much like everything else that has happened prior to this year, I wouldn’t put too much onus on it.

The same thing you say about Crosby defending the slot-t prior to this year can be said about Crosby defending generally any offense, they didn’t do a great job. Crosby has given up way more points to speed teams in recent years than slot-t teams and beat Santa Fe, who also runs the slot-t, 50-0 earlier this year. 

I think Crosby has showed most people this year that you can’t put too much emphasis on past years, otherwise we would’ve already given up 40 and lost by double digits in the second round. 

It’s obvious they’ve improved, not only on Defense, but as a football team.  That’s why they’re in the position they’re in.  But last year, in District games, no one scored as much as Vidor(37) on Crosby, and the Pirates were no powerhouse.  Ned was second with 29.   But you & I both know the Cougs let/made Vidor pass.  I’m not sure LH passes near as much as Vidor, (isn’t that hard to believe).   Crosby may force them into uncharted territory.   Again, Crosby probably (almost surely) will be the best D Liberty Hill has seen.   I’ll eat crow if they rush for 700 yards on Crosby.

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

If you make it to the 5th round, there's no reason to think you can't beat anyone in the state. You're a top 4, you may as well be the top 1. Go get it. 

They were doing everything they could in High School Scoreboard not to say they expect Crosby to hammer Liberty Hill but I’m not sure they know Crosby’s history with the slot-t? All that annoying stuff about enrollment numbers and level of athletes 14.2 has said over the years takes its final exam Friday. It took 5 rounds but Crosby will definitely be the biggest and fastest team on the field this game.

This is the third and only game of a possible four where it doesn’t feel like we’re playing with house money. If this Cedar Park or Calallen before they recently moved down then OK, but this is one it feels like Crosby kinda should get. Crosby can do a lot for other 5A programs in the area by just reaching the dance, no matter what happens from there on out. 

*Yes I stole the final exam part from Eazy. I really liked the description. 

13 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I am seeing sold out on both sides. This can't be. Can anyone clarify the situation, or tell me if you have 5-6 tickets you are willing to sale?

Incorrect, Visitor side is sold out, and the home side has 345 tickets left. Imo this matchup should have been played at a much larger stadium being a 5th round game.