Liberty Hill vs Crosby

wbfan

I’ve watched the Hudl Highlight of the LH vs Rouse.   Several long TD runs they had blockers downfield, passed the defenders, facing back toward the line of scrimmage.  Never seen that before, lol.   Evidently Rouse threw everything in the box.  Once the RB’s cleared, no problem.

Crosby has had trouble with the Slot T, but surely after the trouble they’ve had with Vidor, they’ll have a plan to stop it.  Also, Crosby will have better speed.   Not a game I’d bet much money on, but I’d have to go with Crosby.  Over/under - Big.

This is the hidden content, please

IMHO. This is Crosby's game to lose. (Before yall get crazy)I was  right about TH I was right about Huntsville and  Marshall. If Crosby defense plays like they have played the entire playoffs this game could be a blowout. Pioneer almost beat LH with the worst defense I've seen played all year.  Watched the game live and then re-watched (I get bored at work) kids made the wrong read and then gave up on the play defensively.

However this is deep playoff football and heart and determination cannot be measured.Crosby cannot take LH lightly.  Crosby's defense has to break LH spirit early . Play disciplined. And motivated to give your school its first shot at a state title. This game will be won by Crosby's defensive dominance 42-21

13 hours ago, wbfan said:

Who you got? Liberty Hill is a really tough, seasoned program. They will be the toughest team Crosby has faced this season.

I think you automatically assume that because it’s the semifinals but George Ranch, Manvel, Nederland, Texas High, Huntsville and FBM all had better defenses than LH whose given up 95 points the last two weeks. True they’ve scored a bunch but I’m also taking into consideration who they’ve gotten to play. 

47 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

IMHO. This is Crosby's game to lose. (Before yall get crazy)I was  right about TH I was right about Huntsville and  Marshall. If Crosby defense plays like they have played the entire playoffs this game could be a blowout. Pioneer almost beat LH with the worst defense I've seen played all year.  Watched the game live and then re-watched (I get bored at work) kids made the wrong read and then gave up on the play defensively.

However this is deep playoff football and heart and determination cannot be measured.Crosby cannot take LH lightly.  Crosby's defense has to break LH spirit early . Play disciplined. And motivated to give your school its first shot at a state title. This game will be won by Crosby's defensive dominance 42-21

Wait!  You can watch TV a work?  Dang...    Go Crosby

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

LH is Vidor on Steroids, this could be Crosby’s cryptonite. However Crosby has defied the odds 3 weeks in a row playing tougher competition then what LH has. Crosby wins In a shootout!

Well, it would’ve taken a shootout to beat Manvel earlier this year but unfortunately Crosby was still cleaning their gun. Our shootout with Montgomery was due to their passing game which is why I didn’t want to play Pioneer.

I’m not really getting the shootout feeing here though. I think Crosby is going to get some stops and put LH into an unfamiliar position the same way we’ve done the last three weeks with our other state ranked opponents. I’ve never seen this level of defense consistently played by a Crosby squad, that includes the ‘14 and ‘15 teams too. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, it would’ve taken a shootout to beat Manvel earlier this year but unfortunately Crosby was still cleaning their gun. Our shootout with Montgomery was due to their passing game which is why I didn’t want to play Pioneer.

I’m not really getting the shootout feeing here though. I think Crosby is going to get some stops and put LH into an unfamiliar position the same way we’ve done the last three weeks with our other state ranked opponents. I’ve never seen this level of defense consistently played by a Crosby squad, that includes the ‘14 and ‘15 teams too. 

I actually hope they are listed as the underdog in this one.  I think it has fueled Crosby the last 3 weeks.  They need to keep that chip on their shoulders!!  This is a completely different animal than anything they have played this year.  They need to focus and execute flawlessly. 

36 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

I actually hope they are listed as the underdog in this one.  I think it has fueled Crosby the last 3 weeks.  They need to keep that chip on their shoulders!!  This is a completely different animal than anything they have played this year.  They need to focus and execute flawlessly. 

I have no idea who decides the favorite/underdog, but Crosby, having played and beaten high ranked teams, would have to be the favorite, imo.  The only thing LH has going for it is Crosby’s historical problem with the Slot T.   They’ve got the pieces, but need to place them in the right spots on the board, and need to stay there and not chase a fake.  LH better score virtually every time they get the ball, because I think Crosby will, barring turnovers or big penalties.  This is a game where, if you have to leave one player home, it should be the punter.

52 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I have no idea who decides the favorite/underdog, but Crosby, having played and beaten high ranked teams, would have to be the favorite, imo.  The only thing LH has going for it is Crosby’s historical problem with the Slot T.   They’ve got the pieces, but need to place them in the right spots on the board, and need to stay there and not chase a fake.  LH better score virtually every time they get the ball, because I think Crosby will, barring turnovers or big penalties.  This is a game where, if you have to leave one player home, it should be the punter.

Based on the amount of points LH has given up this year I believe Crosby would be the favorite. 

With Crosby’s speed on Defense, they won’t allow some of the big runs LH scored on against Pioneer. Crosby need to study a lot of film and figure out they key read to look for where the ball is going. My nephew played for LH 4 years ago. It took a little while to catch on but there is a key to this offense to locate the ball. I’m not going to tell you because Crosby needs to put in the work to figure it out. If they do they can win this pretty handedly