Herman fired

PhatMack19

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Not only do they have a head coach that was fired for being drunk on the job, they have also added

A DL coach that received a 2 year show cause penalty for recruiting violations

An OL coach that was fined $50k and suspended 3 games for contacting a players professor about his grades

What other upstanding citizens will they add next?

This tirade tells me Texas made the right hire. 

2 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Something about glass houses and throwing stones.

This is the hidden content, please

"Many of the issues Taggart inherited, they say, began with the coddling of Jameis Winston, the player who led the Noles to such remarkable heights under Fisher. Those issues eventually bled into a hands-off attitude with academics and placed the program at risk of not complying with NCAA standards and being ineligible to participate in championship events.

Another former assistant under Fisher tells Bleacher Report that by the end of Fisher's reign, coaches were being given one mandate: "Keep the players eligible."

When asked if that was indeed the overriding academic plan, Coburn admits, "It appears that was the case."

7 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

"Many of the issues Taggart inherited, they say, began with the coddling of Jameis Winston, the player who led the Noles to such remarkable heights under Fisher. Those issues eventually bled into a hands-off attitude with academics and placed the program at risk of not complying with NCAA standards and being ineligible to participate in championship events.

Another former assistant under Fisher tells Bleacher Report that by the end of Fisher's reign, coaches were being given one mandate: "Keep the players eligible."

When asked if that was indeed the overriding academic plan, Coburn admits, "It appears that was the case."

Has Sark ever offered up his wife though?  I here jumbo holds the ncaa record for being cuckholded by his own players...

What the heck is going on in Austin?!? 
Banks now....I remember him at A&M bringing in some talent 

Big time hires, but idk my gut is telling me it won’t work lol. Maybe because of the past seasons in Texas they just seem to underachieve 

but can’t fault Sark for trying. 

On 1/7/2021 at 11:06 PM, PhatMack19 said:

Not only do they have a head coach that was fired for being drunk on the job, they have also added

A DL coach that received a 2 year show cause penalty for recruiting violations

An OL coach that was fined $50k and suspended 3 games for contacting a players professor about his grades

What other upstanding citizens will they add next?

Keeps getting better and better....

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Why are almost half the posts in a thread about the Longhorn coaching staff by an aggy?   

Yes they’ve moved on 😂🤣

#obsessionstillnoted

He left his wife and 4 kids for Pole Assassin.  Maybe her and her monkey help with recruiting or something 

Why do aggies worry so much about Texas’ coaching hires? They jumped around after Slocum, who I liked btw, with Francionne and Sherman, thought they had it with Sumlin, but it was more Johnny Football. Let us hire who we want and test the waters. If you are a HC, this is what you are after. If you are an OC, what could be better? Why all the shoot downs before someone has a chance? 
Maybe we will play again someday. We’ll call up Case and see what’s happening.