Herman fired

PhatMack19

As a die-hard Alabama fan and Saban-era alumnus, I earnestly wish Sarkisian the best of luck. I mean that. He is my second favorite all-time Saban assistant behind only Kirby Smart, and he will leave Tuscaloosa with the same well wishes from me that Kirby had.

That said, as a UT graduate who has spent the last six seasons watching Texas wallow around in mediocrity firsthand - and as a proud PN-G Indian who’s had to watch the greatest talent ever to come out of his storied hometown program settle for that for two seasons - I also see this for what it is: the worst decision Steve Sarkisian can possibly make.

Texas is functionally the new Tennessee. The Big XII is a joke, and A&M has clearly come into its own as the state’s flagship football program. Steve Sarkisian is the Longhorns’ best option, and I’ll give UT’s new leadership full credit for finally securing a quality coaching candidate - an area where past leadership has repeatedly failed.

But the problems in the Texas program run much deeper than the coaching staff, and they take a lot more than money and branding to fix. While a former Saban righthand man may be the only coach on the planet capable of finally correcting the chronic, cultural issues that plague the UT campus and constantly inhibit gridiron success, even in my most Crimson-tinted glasses, I wouldn’t bet a plug nickel on it.

2 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

As a die-hard Alabama fan and Saban-era alumnus, I earnestly wish Sarkisian the best of luck. I mean that. He is my second favorite all-time Saban assistant behind only Kirby Smart, and he will leave Tuscaloosa with the same well wishes from me that Kirby had.

That said, as a UT graduate who has spent the last six seasons watching Texas wallow around in mediocrity firsthand - and as a proud PN-G Indian who’s had to watch the greatest talent ever to come out of his storied hometown program settle for that for two seasons - I also see this for what it is: the worst decision Steve Sarkisian can possibly make.

Texas is functionally the new Tennessee. The Big XII is a joke, and A&M has clearly come into its own as the state’s flagship football program. Steve Sarkisian is the Longhorns’ best option, and I’ll give UT’s new leadership full credit for finally securing a quality coaching candidate - an area where past leadership has repeatedly failed.

But the problems in the Texas program run much deeper than the coaching staff, and they take a lot more than money and branding to fix. While a former Saban righthand man may be the only coach on the planet capable of finally correcting the chronic, cultural issues that plague the UT campus and constantly inhibit gridiron success, even in my most Crimson-tinted glasses, I wouldn’t bet a plug nickel on it.

Don't let TxHoops see this post.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Don't let TxHoops see this post.

Why?  I like him, he’s an intelligent guy and I respect his opinion.  Some of it he’s right about, some of it he’s not.  He’s also too young to remember the dumpster fire that was Alabama football for many, many years before the Saban hire.   The point is, certain programs are always just the right hire away. 

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

You really need to remove the other ones. A penis and a set of balls to show your disdain for Texas is childish and in bad taste.

Double standard on the site.  And he’s so ate up with all things Texas he can’t help himself.  He’s a sad little person. 

At first I was critical of the hire but after hearing his interview I can gurantee you it was alot better then Toms lol *at least the ones ive heard

He said all the right things, but Until the rubber meets the road its all talk...His staff hires will be very important for success to be obtained at Texas