Hardin-Jefferson 59 Lumberton 47/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hardin-Jefferson 59 Lumberton 47/FINAL

Brock had a bad game but nothing due to HJ. If he hit his average, different game.  Lumberton averaging in upper 50's. 

Lumberton couldn't make shots in first half and HJ did.

Game was still good, HJ won. you win some you lose some. 

nothing means anything to either team, it starts Tuesday for your year.

Just pray that Covid don't shut everyone down, or all the kids lose.

7 hours ago, paulharmon said:

Brock had a bad game but nothing due to HJ. If he hit his average, different game.  Lumberton averaging in upper 50's. 

Lumberton couldn't make shots in first half and HJ did.

Game was still good, HJ won. you win some you lose some. 

nothing means anything to either team, it starts Tuesday for your year.

Just pray that Covid don't shut everyone down, or all the kids lose.

I’m not sure Id believe this statement. HJ had to have a little to do with it. I wish the McClure kid the best at Lamar but I’m not convinced his game translates into D1 college basketball. JMO for what it’s worth. 

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

I’m not sure Id believe this statement. HJ had to have a little to do with it. I wish the McClure kid the best at Lamar but I’m not convinced his game translates into D1 college basketball. JMO for what it’s worth. 

Fortunately for him and many others who get D1 Scholarships, the opinions of those on boards like this don't matter. 

2 hours ago, gogo1734 said:

Fortunately for him and many others who get D1 Scholarships, the opinions of those on boards like this don't matter. 

And bingo was his name-0.  

The other funny thing I’ve noticed, guys like Tic Price tend to know which kids’ games will translate to the next level more than joe fan in the stands.  

I will say this, unless they were playing Beaumont United, Brock would be the best player on the floor in virtually any game they play in this area.  I will also exclude Silsbee because it’s unfair to compare freshmen to a senior.   

48 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The other funny thing I’ve noticed, guys like Tic Price tend to know which kids’ games will translate to the next level more than joe fan in the stands.  

I will say this, unless they were playing Beaumont United, Brock would be the best player on the floor in virtually any game they play in this area.  I will also exclude Silsbee because it’s unfair to compare freshmen to a senior.   

No knock on the kid but I don’t think he would even start for BU 🤔  Who spot he taking? 

25 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

No knock on the kid but I don’t think he would even start for BU 🤔  Who spot he taking? 

honestly I don’t know if he would.  But BU is as talented a team as we’ve seen around here.  You have 2 kids at least who are High D1.  But after Arceneaux, Yates, and Porshia, my guess is Brock would find a spot in that lineup.  

14 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

Brock would start for BU hands down and would dominate playing with their big 3. BU starts a freshman at the PG and Green would simply move him to the bench. Brock would add a 6'7 big that can play the 3 through the 5 and can shoot. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

In all fairness to Joe Fan in the stands they don’t make their living evaluating talent so they probably shouldn’t be as good as Coach Price. I’ve probably watched as many games in the Old McDonald Gym, Civic Center and the Montagne Center as most people and have seen some great players there. I’ve also saw some the may not have deserved to be there. I hope Coach Price gets the program back to where it once was. 

44 minutes ago, whsalum said:

In all fairness to Joe Fan in the stands they don’t make their living evaluating talent so they probably shouldn’t be as good as Coach Price. I’ve probably watched as many games in the Old McDonald Gym, Civic Center and the Montagne Center as most people and have seen some great players there. I’ve also saw some the may not have deserved to be there. I hope Coach Price gets the program back to where it once was. 

Yeah I understand.  I watch about 50 games a summer involving Hs seniors to be.   In all games, at least half of the kids are D1 players.  In about half of those games, 90%+ of the kids in uniform are D1 players.  Many of them are high D1.   6 of the 1 round picks in this year’s draft played in those games, including the number 1 overall pick.   2 of the likely top 3 picks in next year’s draft were involved in said games.   So I’ve been fortunate to see what a D1 (whether it’s a high major, high mid, mid mid, or low mid) looks like.   Brock is without question a D1 and I will say he will get significant minutes, even as a freshman next year.  

The guys in the stands watch one game an knows every move a kid makes. Nobody takes the time to see the work they put in off the court. Year in year out the same guys say he’s not goin to make it at the next level. Just to name a few from last yr Kenneth Lofton, Hayden Hefner, Kason Harrison. They are all playing good at the next level. But the little dribblers coach’s (aka the stands college scouts) know more then the real college coach’s. Which players fit there system. 

Maybe everyone is getting a little overly worked up over the opinion of one person and seek ( not so obliquely) to punish/demean him for offering his opinion?  He didnt say he was right.  He simply said he didnt see what  others claim to have seen.    If I am not mistaken, it is quite acceptable to offer your thoughts whether they concur with others.  

16 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Maybe everyone is getting a little overly worked up over the opinion of one person and seek ( not so obliquely) to punish/demean him for offering his opinion?  He didnt say he was right.  He simply said he didnt see what  others claim to have seen.    If I am not mistaken, it is quite acceptable to offer your thoughts whether they concur with others.  

I agree.  That sort of behavior should only be tolerated on the political board 😉

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Yeah I understand.  I watch about 50 games a summer involving Hs seniors to be.   In all games, at least half of the kids are D1 players.  In about half of those games, 90%+ of the kids in uniform are D1 players.  Many of them are high D1.   6 of the 1 round picks in this year’s draft played in those games, including the number 1 overall pick.   2 of the likely top 3 picks in next year’s draft were involved in said games.   So I’ve been fortunate to see what a D1 (whether it’s a high major, high mid, mid mid, or low mid) looks like.   Brock is without question a D1 and I will say he will get significant minutes, even as a freshman next year.  

So are you saying in all those games you’ve never seen a D1 player who doesn’t belong ? Whether a player is D1 or not is irrelevant once they sign. That’s when all the opinions come in to play. Once again I wish the young man nothing but the bests .