Hardin-Jefferson 101 Port Neches-Groves 29/FINAL

WOSgrad

No one hates the atmosphere of HJ more than me.  They beat my girls team 3 times last year to include a trip to regionals.

As the coach that is trying to build a winning culture you want an excited crowd.  This gives the youngsters growing up in the community excitement to play basketball.  Which is important because my first year coaching girls I only received 2 from my junior high.

As a dad I have 4 daughters and have coached one of the top softball teams in the country with kids flying in to play for the team from different states.  We kept our stands loud and proud even against the weaker teams.  I got criticized for years doing it and people asked my why?  I never answered them but will tell it on here.  The reason why is my kids loved it.  

I’m here to motivate my players and team.  I always want a clean game and no one to get hurt but other than that I don’t care about my competitions feelings that’s their coaches and fans job.

HJ is getting out of their program what they’re putting into it and good for them.  I’m trying to do the same here at mine.  Great job Fogo and Sneed I still don’t like either one of you. 

19 hours ago, AggieforLife said:

PNG does have a new coach and is in a district with new teams (United, Crosby & GP) along with Barber's Hill, Nederland and Memorial. This District is stiff competition compared to the last three years when your daughter played. HJ is at another level. As a parent who has a daughter that plays at PNG, I would not say that it was an embarrassment. HJ has scored over 100 points against their opponents, not just PNG. PNG still has great talent but I do not see them making the playoffs due to much better teams in the district now.

Hardin Jefferson Good Luck to you and I hope you Win State this year.

This wasn’t a dig at PNG, this was a compliment to HJ. I root and cheer for PNG girls basketball more than anyone. I want Coach Robertson and the girls to continue to be successful. PNG definitely benefited from the district they were placed in the last two years, I’ll be the first to tell people that. PNG has the talent to beat some of these teams, they just have to believe in themselves and play up to their full potential. I had them coming in 4th in the district before the season. The loss of young talent due to COVID before  the season and a couple of in season injuries have hurt them. PAM has been a surprise team in the district. I watched the Crosby game and I still feel like PNG could beat them. The big for Crosby is a tough match up, but if defense is disciplined enough they could stop her. Nederland is as good as I thought they would be, but PNG can still match up and beat them as well. United and BH are on different levels than the rest of the district.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, joebob said:

I am only condemning the one guy who I have seen act a fool and I only saw him at jr high game last year...yeah thats right a JR high game. 

In fact I just asked if he was still around that is what got this whole conversation started. I never saw anyone else associated with the team do anything I would have an issue with. Again no issue at all with the student hecklers, I think that is awesome.  

Of course there is crazy parents in baseball but I have never seen anyone literally stand up and take a fake swing and watch a wake ball go over the fence.

Thanks for going into hiding. The world is a better place...

4 hours ago, Coach D.J. Wilson said:

No one hates the atmosphere of HJ more than me.  They beat my girls team 3 times last year to include a trip to regionals.

As the coach that is trying to build a winning culture you want an excited crowd.  This gives the youngsters growing up in the community excitement to play basketball.  Which is important because my first year coaching girls I only received 2 from my junior high.

As a dad I have 4 daughters and have coached one of the top softball teams in the country with kids flying in to play for the team from different states.  We kept our stands loud and proud even against the weaker teams.  I got criticized for years doing it and people asked my why?  I never answered them but will tell it on here.  The reason why is my kids loved it.  

I’m here to motivate my players and team.  I always want a clean game and no one to get hurt but other than that I don’t care about my competitions feelings that’s their coaches and fans job.

HJ is getting out of their program what they’re putting into it and good for them.  I’m trying to do the same here at mine.  Great job Fogo and Sneed I still don’t like either one of you. 

Haha!! Love ya DJ!!!