Hardin-Jefferson 101 Port Neches-Groves 29/FINAL

WOSgrad

I

39 minutes ago, hjhawks said:

The program is reflected by the girls in it.  I am the coach.. and I worry about what involves our girls.  I will continue to do me..

since you posted trying to stir up stuff regarding one of our players ... just wondering the motive...  

I disagree coach.  A program is reflected by it all and the coach sets that tone.  I'm not tying to stir up anything, just making an observation the first time things didnt go your way it wasnt handled with much class. I would think being on that side of the coin more times than not would be a teachable lesson.

Hey if you like the target by all means make it a bigger one....Beating PNG by 80 and carrying on like you really did something seems silly. Now against Summer Creek when the game was on the line and huge play was made hey celebrate away. Thats just me and my observation.  

10 minutes ago, joebob said:

I

I disagree coach.  A program is reflected by it all and the coach sets that tone.  I'm not tying to stir up anything, just making an observation the first time things didnt go your way it wasnt handled with much class. I would think being on that side of the coin more times than not would be a teachable lesson.

Hey if you like the target by all means make it a bigger one....Beating PNG by 80 and carrying on like you really did something seems silly. Now against Summer Creek when the game was on the line and huge play was made hey celebrate away. Thats just me and my observation.  

Ahhh, so only get excited and play up to potential when it is a “tough” opponent???

Good thing you aren’t HJ coach. These girls should be showing up every game against every opponent like it is the state championship, that way when they do reach the State Championship they “Play like they have been there before”  Fans, parents and “Uncles” should be creating a state championship game environment every time they show up to watch, that way it’s not a new environment when they do get there. You don’t change your game or how your fans cheer based off of the opponent! 

32 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Should know better about...what?

to not act a fool?  I come from a baseball background. Should I run up and down the stands when my son strikes out the stud on the other team? What about when he hits homerun? Run around making fake swings holding my hands up above my eyes acting like Im watching the ball?  Ha you can bet next AB he is probably gonna take one in the ear hole. 

Sorry yall are so offended and I think taking this a little out of context.  You wont find a bigger competitor than me but sorry when playing lower level of competition I'm not going to carry on like we just won the state title. 

If my son or daughter is on a loaded stud team, of course I am going to cheer them on...but my level of excitement is not going to be the same if we are beating the bottom dwellers as it if we are beating another stud team. 

47 minutes ago, OneChance said:

Ahhh, so only get excited and play up to potential when it is a “tough” opponent???

Good thing you aren’t HJ coach. These girls should be showing up every game against every opponent like it is the state championship, that way when they do reach the State Championship they “Play like they have been there before”  Fans, parents and “Uncles” should be creating a state championship game environment every time they show up to watch, that way it’s not a new environment when they do get there. You don’t change your game or how your fans cheer based off of the opponent! 

You are way off base. It has nothing to do with the girls level of play...not once did I say that....the team has to do what they have to do..but are you telling me your daughter didn't get more up to play Dalanna Carter last year?  Did she feel the same sense of accomplishment taking the Galena Park Guard to the hole as beating DC? Come on. 

I'm talking about the adults in the stands mam. If you were running around shooting faux arrows in the stands when you were beating GP by 50 then yeah I'd put you in the same boat. If you did the same when your daughter nailed a 3pointer to beat Barbers Hill I wouldnt blame you one bit. Something about a time and a place you know. 

5 minutes ago, joebob said:

to not act a fool?  I come from a baseball background. Should I run up and down the stands when my son strikes out the stud on the other team? What about when he hits homerun? Run around making fake swings holding my hands up above my eyes acting like Im watching the ball?  Ha you can bet next AB he is probably gonna take one in the ear hole. 

Sorry yall are so offended and I think taking this a little out of context.  You wont find a bigger competitor than me but sorry when playing lower level of competition I'm not going to carry on like we just won the state title. 

If my son or daughter is on a loaded stud team, of course I am going to cheer them on...but my level of excitement is not going to be the same if we are beating the bottom dwellers as it if we are beating another stud team. 

"I come from a baseball background."

I do, too.

"Should I run up and down the stands when my son strikes out the stud on the other team?"

I wouldn't.  But I have seen it happen.  And if you have hung around any travel ball teams, I know you have, too.

"What about when he hits homerun? Run around making fake swings holding my hands up above my eyes acting like I'm watching the ball?"

See my answer to your previous question.

Look we all have fans in our fan base that we think are "over enthusiastic." A lot of them, whether they admit it or not, reside on this board.  But you seem to be condemning an entire fan base........in fact, an entire program because...because of what I see as the antics of one, maybe, two folks.  It may be out of context, but I think that is a little bit of overkill.

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

"I come from a baseball background."

I do, too.

"Should I run up and down the stands when my son strikes out the stud on the other team?"

I wouldn't.  But I have seen it happen.  And if you have hung around any travel ball teams, I know you have, too.

"What about when he hits homerun? Run around making fake swings holding my hands up above my eyes acting like I'm watching the ball?"

See my answer to your previous question.

Look we all have fans in our fan base that we think are "over enthusiastic." A lot of them, whether they admit it or not, reside on this board.  But you seem to be condemning an entire fan base........in fact, an entire program because...because of what I see as the antics of one, maybe, two folks.  It may be out of context, but I think that is a little bit of overkill.

I am only condemning the one guy who I have seen act a fool and I only saw him at jr high game last year...yeah thats right a JR high game. 

In fact I just asked if he was still around that is what got this whole conversation started. I never saw anyone else associated with the team do anything I would have an issue with. Again no issue at all with the student hecklers, I think that is awesome.  

Of course there is crazy parents in baseball but I have never seen anyone literally stand up and take a fake swing and watch a wake ball go over the fence.

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Sorry for the confusion, I’m not offended. I just think your comments on this thread are stupid.

Obviously you are, you keep coming back. Keep giving the other team that chip they need to beat you, like MJ it only takes one thing to get motivated. You dont think Spike Lee in the Garden didnt motiviate MJ when he played the knicks?  If I am not mistaken, Fairfield was not suppose to win that game last year....who knows maybe they had some bulletin board material and played with an extra edge that game. Keep giving that ammunition there buddy. If I'm the coach of the other team I'm playing video of faux arrow man on a loop saying is this what you want to see all game long or are we gonna make him sit down and shut up. 

1 hour ago, joebob said:

Obviously you are, you keep coming back. Keep giving the other team that chip they need to beat you, like MJ it only takes one thing to get motivated. You dont think Spike Lee in the Garden didnt motiviate MJ when he played the knicks?  If I am not mistaken, Fairfield was not suppose to win that game last year....who knows maybe they had some bulletin board material and played with an extra edge that game. Keep giving that ammunition there buddy. If I'm the coach of the other team I'm playing video of faux arrow man on a loop saying is this what you want to see all game long or are we gonna make him sit down and shut up. 

Now I know I’m wasting my time. Btw, don’t tell anyone, but I heard Spike Lee was coming to the game and the HJ Mascot is reportedly going to bring sparklers. I hope HJ is gonna be ok...

Even prior to the arrival of the current star(s) at HJHS, I was impressed with the Lady Hawks.  They are EXTREMELY well coached at all levels.   Add to that a talent-level that is seldom matched, you are going to see some 70 pt beat downs that are going to hurt some feelings.  But when you have superior players and coaching, that’s a recipe for a trip to the shed. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Even prior to the arrival of the current star(s) at HJHS, I was impressed with the Lady Hawks.  They are EXTREMELY well coached at all levels.   Add to that a talent-level that is seldom matched, you are going to see some 70 pt beat downs that are going to hurt some feelings.  But when you have superior players and coaching, that’s a recipe for a trip to the shed. 

Again I agree. I saw the 8th graders last year.....they were good and obviously well trained. It is a great program, no one is disputing that. 

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, but after they won that game, one of the mom’s passed out some cookie cake. A little excessive from an adult don’t you think?

Nope just the same dipchit unc shooting faux arrows acting like they had never won a jr high tournament before.  I thought you were wasting your time but yet here you are. Rent free baby 

On 12/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, OneChance said:

Not as embarrassing if they didn’t have a running clock in the 4th. Actually, I don’t know if you call it embarrassing or not, you just got beat by a group of girls that dedicate and put work in to be better at there craft than you do. PNG for years has done that in Volleyball, if they ever make more of a shift in basketball they could be good there too. Mine dedicated herself to basketball for four years at PNG and she lead them to the playoffs the last two years and that was with only one other dedicating themselves. Got to put in the work and time to be that good and you should never let up to not “embarrass” a team because they didn’t work as hard.

PNG does have a new coach and is in a district with new teams (United, Crosby & GP) along with Barber's Hill, Nederland and Memorial. This District is stiff competition compared to the last three years when your daughter played. HJ is at another level. As a parent who has a daughter that plays at PNG, I would not say that it was an embarrassment. HJ has scored over 100 points against their opponents, not just PNG. PNG still has great talent but I do not see them making the playoffs due to much better teams in the district now.

Hardin Jefferson Good Luck to you and I hope you Win State this year.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, joebob said:

I am only condemning the one guy who I have seen act a fool and I only saw him at jr high game last year...yeah thats right a JR high game. 

In fact I just asked if he was still around that is what got this whole conversation started. I never saw anyone else associated with the team do anything I would have an issue with. Again no issue at all with the student hecklers, I think that is awesome.  

Of course there is crazy parents in baseball but I have never seen anyone literally stand up and take a fake swing and watch a wake ball go over the fence.

So let me get this straight.....you are dang near labeling the entire program behind a fan at a junior high game??? Hell let’s judge the program based on the little dribblers program while we are at it lmao. Have you been to a HJ varsity game?? To insinuate that the program is classless is classless. 

On 12/30/2020 at 8:34 AM, joebob said:

Oh I agree they are fun to watch..so much so that zero antics from the parents or "uncles" is needed unless you want to put a big target on their back. 

Wonder what "uncle" was doing when the star walked off the court last year after losing in the playoffs very unsportsman like?  Would he have liked a fan from the other team to run up in front of his side and start celebrating? Doubt it. 

I wonder if the A&M womens team (players or fans) were celebrating like won the championship when they beat Northwestern State the other night by almost 100 or did they just do what they expected to do...come to work and hammer a team they were supposed to hammer. Another day of work leading to the ultimate prize.  I don't know maybe that's just me. 

Now on to this.....There was a Fairfield fan running up and down the stands with a Fairfield flag celebrating and the HJ fans loved it hell a HJ fan then in turn ran up the sideline also lol. Basketball is supposed to be a fun sport, this is not Hoosiers lol. And I don’t know what “Unc” did but I do know that said star player immediately came back and hugged EVERY Fairfield player, took full accountability for her actions and even apologized on social media. Hard to get mad at a KID who puts everything she has into a game that she loves and was disappointed at the outcome. Great life lesson! The kid is a CLASS ACT on and off the court......hell there is a reason why EVERY college in the U.S wants her and applauded her for her passion. Please don’t bring up the actions of a kid who has never been controversial or has never been regarded as anything other than a class act, when there are players or even fans who applaud when a player undercuts or fouls unnecessarily a star player smh. 

Oh I agree they are fun to watch..so much so that zero antics from the parents or "uncles" is needed unless you want to put a big target on their back. 

Wonder what "uncle" was doing when the star walked off the court last year after losing in the playoffs very unsportsman like?  Would he have liked a fan from the other team to run up in front of his side and start celebrating? Doubt it. 

I wonder if the A&M womens team (players or fans) were celebrating like won the championship when they beat Northwestern State the other night by almost 100 or did they just do what they expected to do...come to work and hammer a team they were supposed to hammer. Another day of work leading to the ultimate prize.  I don't know maybe that's just me. 

#1 Do not try to tarnish a child’s name from something they took full accountability for immediately. That player has the BIGGEST heart I know, and has so much passion and love for the game. Everything is a life lesson, and that “star” has class and poise.

#2 We have learned from our mistakes from that heartbreaking playoff lost. We are HUMBLE, TENACIOUS, and have HEART! 

#3 HJ girls play hard EVERY game. We will celebrate, cheer, stomp, and holler if we win by 1 point or 100. Every game is not guaranteed, and I love our teams passion AND genuine love for each teammate. 

#4 We are all love here in the HJ basketball family. So do not bring any negativity on here! Oh and by the way, if you ever get bored, come see our lady hawks play some phenomenal ball! I’ll even throw in a free box of popcorn #LAKESHOW#TUNEIN

#1 Do not try to tarnish a child’s name from something they took full accountability for immediately. That player has the BIGGEST heart I know, and has so much passion and love for the game. Everything is a life lesson, and that “star” has class and poise.

#2 We have learned from our mistakes from that heartbreaking playoff lost. We are HUMBLE, TENACIOUS, and have HEART! 

#3 HJ girls play hard EVERY game. We will celebrate, cheer, stomp, and holler if we win by 1 point or 100. Every game is not guaranteed, and I love our teams passion AND genuine love for each teammate. 

#4 We are all love here in the HJ basketball family. So do not bring any negativity on here! Oh and by the way, if you ever get bored, come see our lady hawks play some phenomenal ball! I’ll even throw in a free box of popcorn #LAKESHOW#TUNEIN

One question, the more and more I read this thread (and as a result of complaints, including your report of this thread.....insert joke here......, the number of times I have reread the posts in this thread has far exceeded any in recent history), pops up.

@joebob, were you even at the PN-G/HJ game on Tuesday?