Hardin-Jefferson 101 Port Neches-Groves 29/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hardin-Jefferson 101 Port Neches-Groves 29/FINAL

Not as embarrassing if they didn’t have a running clock in the 4th. Actually, I don’t know if you call it embarrassing or not, you just got beat by a group of girls that dedicate and put work in to be better at there craft than you do. PNG for years has done that in Volleyball, if they ever make more of a shift in basketball they could be good there too. Mine dedicated herself to basketball for four years at PNG and she lead them to the playoffs the last two years and that was with only one other dedicating themselves. Got to put in the work and time to be that good and you should never let up to not “embarrass” a team because they didn’t work as hard.

1 hour ago, OneChance said:

Not as embarrassing if they didn’t have a running clock in the 4th. Actually, I don’t know if you call it embarrassing or not, you just got beat by a group of girls that dedicate and put work in to be better at there craft than you do. PNG for years has done that in Volleyball, if they ever make more of a shift in basketball they could be good there too. Mine dedicated herself to basketball for four years at PNG and she lead them to the playoffs the last two years and that was with only one other dedicating themselves. Got to put in the work and time to be that good and you should never let up to not “embarrass” a team because they didn’t work as hard.

You summed this up perfectly!!

What HJ has going on right is very special and very rare, and should be viewed and enjoyed.

What they have in terms of the combination of personnel and coaching skill level is extremely ATYPICAL for most girls programs at any level, save a few of the long standing programs in others parts of the state.

As a player, my daughter has been fortunate enough to be taught by a group of coaches over the years who have instilled a "RESPECT EVERYONE, FEAR NO ONE" mindset. They have taught her that when you compete on the court every play, and you don't look at the scoreboard, you have played the game the right way. 

At that point, if a player has competed as hard as they can regardless the outcome, like Teddy Roosevelt said one is able to say, "It is not the critic who matters....."

4 hours ago, Mean Machine said:

What HJ has going on right is very special and very rare, and should be viewed and enjoyed.

What they have in terms of the combination of personnel and coaching skill level is extremely ATYPICAL for most girls programs at any level, save a few of the long standing programs in others parts of the state.

As a player, my daughter has been fortunate enough to be taught by a group of coaches over the years who have instilled a "RESPECT EVERYONE, FEAR NO ONE" mindset. They have taught her that when you compete on the court every play, and you don't look at the scoreboard, you have played the game the right way. 

At that point, if a player has competed as hard as they can regardless the outcome, like Teddy Roosevelt said one is able to say, "It is not the critic who matters....."

Awesome post. Spot on. 

Do they still have the "uncle" up in the stands carrying on standing up, facing the crowd, and  shooting faux arrows everytime they make a three? That was embarrassing.

Those girls are awesome and very good...and should know they will win every game they play in this area...fans and parents dont need to be showboating it up in the stands like they haven't been one of the best teams in the state the last 2 years at least. 

5 minutes ago, joebob said:

Do they still have the "uncle" up in the stands carrying on standing up, facing the crowd, and  shooting faux arrows everytime they make a three? That was embarrassing.

Those girls are awesome and very good...and should know they will win every game they play in this area...fans and parents dont need to be showboating it up in the stands like they haven't been one of the best teams in the state the last 2 years at least. 

Yeah, I think they love him. Nothing wrong with a little fun is there?

Oh I agree they are fun to watch..so much so that zero antics from the parents or "uncles" is needed unless you want to put a big target on their back. 

Wonder what "uncle" was doing when the star walked off the court last year after losing in the playoffs very unsportsman like?  Would he have liked a fan from the other team to run up in front of his side and start celebrating? Doubt it. 

I wonder if the A&M womens team (players or fans) were celebrating like won the championship when they beat Northwestern State the other night by almost 100 or did they just do what they expected to do...come to work and hammer a team they were supposed to hammer. Another day of work leading to the ultimate prize.  I don't know maybe that's just me. 

Too late.  They already have a target in their backs.  They have for a few years now.  

I do understand what you’re saying about the extras.  But me personally, I can appreciate the excitement.  But I think that kind of excitement needs to be there even when the team isn’t a special team like this one.  Brings me to my next point.  I wish there was still this kind of excitement for the H-J boys like it used to be.  Seems like that energy just transferred to the girls side.  Kind of convenient if you ask me.  Makes me wonder once this wave of talent moves on, that excitement and energy will as well...

Just me thinking out loud.  Maybe I’m wrong.  🤷🏾‍♂️

46 minutes ago, joebob said:

Oh I agree they are fun to watch..so much so that zero antics from the parents or "uncles" is needed unless you want to put a big target on their back. 

Wonder what "uncle" was doing when the star walked off the court last year after losing in the playoffs very unsportsman like?  Would he have liked a fan from the other team to run up in front of his side and start celebrating? Doubt it. 

I wonder if the A&M womens team (players or fans) were celebrating like won the championship when they beat Northwestern State the other night by almost 100 or did they just do what they expected to do...come to work and hammer a team they were supposed to hammer. Another day of work leading to the ultimate prize.  I don't know maybe that's just me. 

So we have gone down this road huh??  Lets critique a fan for not cheering correctly..  smh

2 minutes ago, hjhawks said:

So we have gone down this road huh??  Lets critique a fan for not cheering correctly..  smh

lol Cheering or showboating? I am all for excitement but that is over the top.  Like it or not, it's a reflection of the program. If I am a coach I put a stop to it as I don't need a bigger target on my back than there already is....but hey, you do you unc.

9 minutes ago, joebob said:

lol Cheering or showboating? I am all for excitement but that is over the top.  Like it or not, it's a reflection of the program. If I am a coach I put a stop to it as I don't need a bigger target on my back than there already is....but hey, you do you unc.

The program is reflected by the girls in it.  I am the coach.. and I worry about what involves our girls.  I will continue to do me..

since you posted trying to stir up stuff regarding one of our players ... just wondering the motive...  

20 minutes ago, joebob said:

The Hawk Hecklers (their name, not mine) have long been known for their enthusiastic brand of cheering at basketball games.  I look at complaints about their "antics" the same way I look at complaints about teams running up the score.  If you don't want them to run it up, stop them.  If you don't like their antics when they are winning, beat them.

2 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

The Hawk Hecklers (their name, not mine) have long been known for their enthusiastic brand of cheering at basketball games.  I look at complaints about their "antics" the same way I look at complaints about teams running up the score.  If you don't want them to run it up, stop them.  If you don't like their antics when they are winning, beat them.

This! ⬆️

28 minutes ago, joebob said:

So I guess no more parades for the winners. No more celebrations for the ones who put in the blood, sweat & tears to get there. We will just stick to a polite golf clap when our kids overachieve. And as far as a coach putting a stop to it, that’s not his job. I’ve yet to meet a coach that could quiet my big mouth! Lol. 
Relax JoeBob. Leave the kids, fans and coaches alone and go be PC somewhere else. 

26 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Ha the kids can do whatever they want...thats part of the hometown advantage.  Grown adults acting a fool should know better. 

And I agree, and thats exactly what happened in the playoffs last year...and they didnt handle it to well.