Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!

wbfan

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I felt bad for the FBM kids that one of their teammates cost them like that at first. Then he starts throwing to #3 who seemed to be just as tough a cover. Huge momentum swing for Crosby after that ejection though. 

Again I give props to the Cosby defense keeping them in the game and giveing the offense a chance to execute - DB # 33 for Crosby doesn't look the part but definitely plays the part. Coogs have a well balanced team !

15 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Exactly, kid acts like a punk.  Ref asked him for the ball and he spun it down in front of him. I told 14.2 after the Nederland game that #15 is going to run into the wrong officiating crew and have problems. I was shocked how much crap the refs put up with out of him 

18 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Exactly, kid acts like a punk.  Ref asked him for the ball and he spun it down in front of him. I told 14.2 after the Nederland game that #15 is going to run into the wrong officiating crew and have problems. I was shocked how much crap the refs put up with out of him last week

Man, and to do it right then and right there? James Williams deals with a lot in his program and probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves for what he’s built but I’m not sure if I would deal with Marshall again next year though? Kid is supposed to be one of the senior leaders next year? I bet half that locker room feel like he’s the reason they lost. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

And not only that, but #15 and a few other players were going to the locker room after the game.  Some of the FBM coaches were trying to get them to come back and they just kept going. 

On 12/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, Mohead2000 said:

I beg to differ, didn't Nederland beat Crosby this year? FBM just destroyed Nederland 49-0. Nederland could not do anything with FBM speed. Crosby has not seen the speed that FBM has. FBM might be the fastest HS team in the country. FBM has real football players that excel on the track, not track athletes playing football. That is a huge difference. There is not a team in Region 3 5A or 6A that is 14 points better than FBM. That includes North Shore, Katy, Shadow Creek, Manvel, and anyone else. North Shore and Katy will probably beat FBM but it won't be by more than 14 points.

There’s one team that’s 9 points better 

Tip of the cap to the Crosby defense.  Branch, Dunn, and the Crosby offense get a lot of credit, and deservedly so, but the Cougar defense is playing outstanding football.  Active DL that plays in the backfield, fast LBs, and some ball hawks in the DBs.  A very good tackling squad.  I like their chances to win it all.  This PN-G Indian is pulling for you.  

Go Indians...Go Cougars!  Peace.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but unfortunately Crosby is probably going to get the slot-t in the semis. Who knew we would miss Vidor on the schedule? 

Well, atleast that game is played tomorrow and our coaches can scout it and the players can watch it on the internet. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but unfortunately Crosby is probably going to get the slot-t in the semis. Who knew we would miss Vidor on the schedule? 

Maybe, the team they are playing is unbeaten and puts up absurd point totals as well. 

how on earth do they score so much running that offense? Put 80 on people with a slot T is insanity!

34 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

Like many have pointed out already #15 Marshall basically cost his team the game with his foolish antics. Crosby did not have an answer for him. And worst of all probably cost himself some collegiate looks,when he got ejected 3 college scouts left the game. All things being equal Marshall was in control of the game prior to that. With that being said Crosby was the better team today and good luck next week.

Yeah honestly y’all felt in control until Dunn went for 40 and a TD. Once everyone figured out Dunn could still run everything seemed to shift. 

37 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Maybe, the team they are playing is unbeaten and puts up absurd point totals as well. 

how on earth do they score so much running that offense? Put 80 on people with a slot T is insanity!

They don’t have much in the way of personnel on their schedule. Majority of teams on their schedule are pretty bad matter of fact.  I also think they benefit from teams not having seen that offense since they just moved up. 

One thing that has me a little worried is that they have those same type of defensive numbers as Huntsville and FBM. 101 total points allowed through 11 games. They just allowed 42 of those points to a Leander team I didn’t think was all that great though. 

26 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Yeah honestly y’all felt in control until Dunn went for 40 and a TD. Once everyone figured out Dunn could still run everything seemed to shift. 

I don’t know how he did it, he didn’t move well in the 1st half then didn’t play much 3rd qtr and all of a sudden when they were down 2 scores and he moved in the pocket a little it changed everything. It opens everything up for Branch who is just a solid football player.

16 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

I don’t know how he did it, he didn’t move well in the 1st half then didn’t play much 3rd qtr and all of a sudden when they were down 2 scores and he moved in the pocket a little it changed everything. It opens everything up for Branch who is just a solid football player.

Dunn is a competitor. Thats why he was on the field. He thrives in the moment. Last year against FB Hightower in bball he scored 30+ points, the most all year, in a loss. He just would not give up. He's a big part of the reason the team is where they are. Hard not to follow a leader with that type of mentality and talent to match.....IMHO

Congrats to Crosby today for taking out FB Marshall, even though I preferred Huntsville do it.  I’ve enjoyed watching the Cougars and root for them to go all the way.  Hoping next weeks game wont be too far away.  Bryan/College station would be good. 

3 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

Like many have pointed out already #15 Marshall basically cost his team the game with his foolish antics. Crosby did not have an answer for him. And worst of all probably cost himself some collegiate looks,when he got ejected 3 college scouts left the game. All things being equal Marshall was in control of the game prior to that. With that being said Crosby was the better team today and good luck next week.

I guess that was the long way to say North Shore would beat FBM 63-0? If Dunn was healthier FBM probably loses that game by 2+ tds anyway. There were like 6 lead changes in that game, FBM was in “control” of it for maybe 5 mins of actual clock time. 

On 12/27/2020 at 1:35 PM, Mohead2000 said:

I am not a homer, I have followed HS football and basketball in the whole state of Texas for last 30+ years. Your comments are delusional because you keep talking about what PNG did in a losing effort and trying to  make some sense of how Crosby will do against FBM. When was the last time Dayton was relevant? You are a homer for a school that you probably don't have ties to. At least I do know and did coach the Walter twins when they played youth football before they even got to Crosby a few years back. And I know and spent significant time with current players on Crosby roster right now. 

You only scored 21 against PNG. Theybhave the worst defense in the playoff bracket. CROSBY IS BATTLE tested and has a defense unlike PNG. You might wanna swallow your ego and get ready for a loss. This isnt last year or the year before its 2020 ive seen worser upsets happen good luck to Crosby yall got this

50 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

You only scored 21 against PNG. Theybhave the worst defense in the playoff bracket. CROSBY IS BATTLE tested and has a defense unlike PNG. You might wanna swallow your ego and get ready for a loss. This isnt last year or the year before its 2020 ive seen worser upsets happen good luck to Crosby yall got this

Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but...this game is over and Crosby has already won.