Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!

wbfan

1 minute ago, Mohead2000 said:

When I say the best player, I mean he has the most potential. I look at size, speed, feet work, hip movement,hand placement. Since he is a reciever I look at route running, catching ability, and the ability to separate from defenders and focus. He checks all those boxes. However the most important box, he did not check and that was discipline. Crosby could not stop him, he stopped himself.

And...FBM could not stop the Crosby offense.  They scored 37 points and won the game.  The better TEAM won. 

5 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

When I say the best player, I mean he has the most potential. I look at size, speed, feet work, hip movement,hand placement. Since he is a reciever I look at route running, catching ability, and the ability to separate from defenders and focus. He checks all those boxes. However the most important box, he did not check and that was discipline. Crosby could not stop him, he stopped himself.

Better, thanks...discipline and attitude as well as the mental aspect of the game are just as important as the physical part. But still, your conjecture that Crosby could not stop him is just that. 

24 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

When I say the best player, I mean he has the most potential. I look at size, speed, feet work, hip movement,hand placement. Since he is a receiver I look at route running, catching ability, and the ability to separate from defenders and focus. He checks all those boxes. However the most important box, he did not check and that was discipline. Crosby could not stop him, he stopped himself.

Let me guess.  Your one of those 7on7 guys who recruits kids for select teams.

1 hour ago, Mohead2000 said:

FBM was in the control of the game when Marshall was ejected in the 3rd qtr. FBM was up 14-9 then up 21-9 after the ejection. Crosby DBs did not have a clue with him or #3. The out, fade, slant across the middle was killing Crosby. FBM drove down the field in the 3rd qtr throwing the ball to Marshall. He actually scored that touchdown before he got ejected. The game would have been different had he played the entire game. Everyone in the stadium knows that. Dunn came into the game injured, injuries are apart of the game. The best player on the field took himself out of the game with foolishness and selfishness, that is unacceptable in team sports. Crosby took advantage of that, like any good team is supposed to. Good luck to Crosby next week.

FBM had 14 points at the end of 3 quarters, Crosby definitely had answers. Coach Prieto made some adjustments and Crosby put 28 points on FBM in the 4th quarter. Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see Marshall lining up on defense? #3 was playing well but really didn’t start balling until Marshall got ejected.

Please miss us with the “actually scored that touchdown”. Jaylen Herman made the catch of the game and got robbed of a TD that would’ve made it 13-0 and give Crosby ALL the momentum, instead we end the drive with a pick because Dunn was limited. Great game, probably the best one I’ve seen Crosby play.

Congrats on another great season, I don’t think anybody but possibly Crosby will be able to beat y’all in regional play the next two years. Assuming he doesn’t transfer Jakobe Banks is going to be electric in that offense with basically all of FBM’s weapons coming back. Mix that with FBM’s usual stifling defense and you probably get your 6th and 7th regional final appearance in a row. 

2 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

Conjecture, were you watching the same game? Crosby DB's had no clue, they were turned all the way  around. He took a slant 60+ yards in the first qtr after making 1 move, his first touchdown was caught over the defender in the end zone. His second TD was a back hand catch and the Crosby DB was clueless. In the third qtr he caught a pass on the sideline tossed the first Crosby DB like a rag doll, broke another tackle and dragged the last Crosby defender across the goal line and the ref said that he was down which he wasn't and the replay showed that he crossed the goaline before he was down. He caught the ball at will on any defender out there. Crosby was double and triple teaming him and it did not make a difference. That's why I said Crosby could not stop him. Then #3 started killing Crosby DB's as well with the out and fade routes. #3 was so wide open on the fade routes, he was standing there waiting to catch the ball, and caught a TD while getting interferenced with.

So, Crosby could not make adjustments throughout the game? Another Crosby player couldn’t step up like FBM’s #3 did later in the game? Maybe...Maybe not. Conjecture.

1 hour ago, Mohead2000 said:

The only adjustment that was made was to double or triple team him and then you are vulnerable in other areas of the field. When he got ejected, FBM could not overcome that. #3 for FBM is very good and did everything he could, but he is not Chris Marshall.

They could have overcome it possibly. Perhaps they didn’t adjust correctly. 

3 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

When I say the best player, I mean he has the most potential. I look at size, speed, feet work, hip movement,hand placement. Since he is a receiver I look at route running, catching ability, and the ability to separate from defenders and focus. He checks all those boxes. However the most important box, he did not check and that was discipline. Crosby could not stop him, he stopped himself.

Which makes him undesirable at the next level - plus he's not that fast when he got out in space Crosby DB's ran him down fairly easy. Crosby had the better team thats why they won ! Dont come on here bragging up& down pre-game how great FMB is and how delusional Croby fans are then afterwards hang your hat on excuses. Show a little humility !

37 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Which makes him undesirable at the next level - plus he's not that fast when he got out in space Crosby DB's ran him down fairly easy. Crosby had the better team thats why they won ! Dont come on here bragging up& down pre-game how great FMB is and how delusional Croby fans are then afterwards hang your hat on excuses. Show a little humility !

All out of likes!!!

8 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

Dude my first response in this thread for this game is that I gave Crosby their props and that the better team won with everything that happened in this game. And I stated good luck to Crosby next week. I did not make any excuses for FBM, I responded that Crosby DB'S could not stop or slow him down. Yes they caught after he ran about 60 yards. After he got ejected the game changed. Talk to me when the Dayton ponies are relevant, because they are definitely not Broncos.

Lol