Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!

wbfan

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Not me.  I’m not the one that keeps bringing up a game from 3 weeks ago and trying to explain it. 😂

I wasn’t “explaining” anything, I was providing an analysis of a game that’s now irrelevant and why. “Explaining” would be you articulating to me how average teams make it to the regional finals. You must think Nederland is below average since they bowed out of the dance a week earlier? 

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I wasn’t “explaining” anything, I was providing an analysis of a game that’s now irrelevant and why. “Explaining” would be you articulating to me how average teams make it to the regional finals. You must think Nederland is below average since they bowed out of the dance a week earlier? 

You “analyzing” the “irrelevant “ game over and over ( 3 weeks later) tells me just how “irrelevant “ you think it is.  Doesn’t change how it ended. 😀

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

definitely true that Chris Marshall kids is a monster. 

FBM has Chris Marshall listed at 6-3 and Crosby has Jonathan Fuselier listed at 6-3. Fuselier shadowed Jordan Woodberry last game against Huntsville and pretty much got torched to the point you wondered why they didn’t give him some help but he made one of the biggest plays of the game when he deflected a deep ball 1 v 1 against Woodberry right before overtime. Huge play in the clutch, made me understand why Coach P left him out there on an island like that. 

Woodberry was a smaller, quicker and faster receiver than Marshall. Marshall is a lot higher rated kid but but I think it’s a better matchup for Fuselier. It might take Marshall a minute to get used to a guy looking him eye to eye across the LOS and able to go up with him on those high point balls he so good at coming down with. 

Other than that I think Crosby is getting a break personnel wise by catching this FBM squad while they’re young and for some reason not starting the sophomore backup QB who I think would be a matchup nightmare for the Cougars. 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

FBM has Chris Marshall listed at 6-3 and Crosby has Jonathan Fuselier listed at 6-3. Fuselier shadowed Jordan Woodberry last game against Huntsville and pretty much got torched to the point you wondered why they didn’t give him some help but he made one of the biggest plays of the game when he deflected a deep ball 1 v 1 against Woodberry right before overtime. Huge play in the clutch, made me understand why Coach P left him out there on an island like that. 

Woodberry was a smaller, quicker and faster receiver than Marshall. Marshall is a lot higher rated kid but but I think it’s a better matchup for Fuselier. It might take Marshall a minute to get used to a guy looking him eye to eye across the LOS and able to go up with him on those high point balls he so good at coming down with. 

Other than that I think Crosby is getting a break personnel wise by catching this FBM squad while they’re young and for some reason not starting the sophomore backup QB who I think would be a matchup nightmare for the Cougars. 

I agree with you. But I also wonder if this might be a game of take everything else away from them and let that 1 on 1 happen. It's playing with fire. But who cares if Marshall has 3 td's and 200 yards if that's all they get. 

25 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

You “analyzing” the “irrelevant “ game over and over ( 3 weeks later) tells me just how “irrelevant “ you think it is.  Doesn’t change how it ended. 😀

It sure doesn’t. It ended with Crosby as co-district champs and playing for another regional final. That morning after when I logged on I had 16 notifications from Ned fans. Tells me exactly how much that irrelevant game meant to y’all too. 😭

36 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I agree with you. But I also wonder if this might be a game of take everything else away from them and let that 1 on 1 happen. It's playing with fire. But who cares if Marshall has 3 td's and 200 yards if that's all they get. 

Man, it might be the most stupid thing I’ve said on here all year but I think Crosby’s defense is going to match up with FBM very well. FBM’s QB was 12-29 for 229 against Nederland with 3 tds. Six catches for 166 and two tds went to Marshall though. Ned also held them to 163 yards on 34 carries rushing. Even in a loss Crosby had 36 carries for 227. As long as we don’t turn the ball over I don’t think FBM can beat Crosby with those type numbers? 

Call me even crazier but if Dunn is reasonably healthy I think Crosby’s receivers are going to have their way with FBM’s DBs. FBM doesn’t have that same push from the interior d-line the way Huntsville did and Crosby still managed 337 through the air. I’ve never seen 49-0 film I’ve had more hope after watching. 

Another thing, HHS was probably 60% on 3rd and long. We’ll for sure be at home if that happens this week. 

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, it might be the most stupid thing I’ve said on here all year but I think Crosby’s defense is going to match up with FBM very well. FBM’s QB was 12-29 for 229 against Nederland with 3 tds. Six catches for 166 and two tds went to Marshall though. Ned also held them to 163 yards on 34 carries rushing. Even in a loss Crosby had 36 carries for 227. As long as we don’t turn the ball over I don’t think FBM can beat Crosby with those type numbers? 

Call me even crazier but if Dunn is reasonably healthy I think Crosby’s receivers are going to have their way with FBM’s DBs. FBM doesn’t have that same push from the interior d-line the way Huntsville did and Crosby still managed 337 through the air. I’ve never seen 49-0 film I’ve had more hope after watching. 

Another thing, HHS was probably 60% on 3rd and long. We’ll for sure be at home if that happens this week. 

Not to mention the fourth down conversions HHS made. Its extremely  hard to tell what FBM is this year. Their biggest test was PNG and Montgomery. If not for crucial mistakes in the redzone from PNG we wouldn't even be having this convo. But are they that same team? 

I also think Fuse is a better CB than the game he had Sat. It should also be noted that our other CB Randolph Hubbard played his butt off last week. I think this game will be won by CHS defense. If they can get penetration like they've done most of the year. We have a great chance. 

As for Dunn he's probably a game day decision. Hope for the best because we're going to need that explosiveness if this turns in to a shootout.

You guys need to pass on FBM.  Nederland dropped an early pass for TD and seamed like liked they got away from it.  The only thing FBM had to do is shut down our running game.  Which they did very well.  Pass to set up the run.  Only my opinion. 

On defense have your best CB on Marshall, maybe two and good luck.

20 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Biggest advantage FBM has is experience in playoffs getting this far.  Sounds like Ned had a deer in the headlights game.  If Crosby can avoid that, they have a very good chance at advancing.  

Go Cougars!

Just beat the #5 and #4 teams in a row I don't think they are going to be shocked by anything Marshall is capable of. 

23 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Just beat the #5 and #4 teams in a row I don't think they are going to be shocked by anything Marshall is capable of. 

I guess you misinterpreted my post.  Has nothing to do with what Marshall is capable of, it’s the stage Crosby has achieved.   Ned is better than their score against Marshall shows, but imo, they were in awe of the rarefied air they found themselves in.  If Crosby just plays like they’ve been playing, it’s going to be a great game.  If they come out all bug eyed, thinking Wow, this is the Quarterfinals, FBM will be doing what they’re capable of, running up a big lead.  But if Crosby does what Crosby is capable of, that ain’t going to happen.

3 hours ago, Eazy said:

In other words, Act like you’ve been there before.  

Watching the team under this coach they just have a different approach.  The health of the qb will play a big role in how confident Crosby plays.  With #2 at the helm with #1 in the backfield they are much more dynamic. I don’t think they will awe struck.  As a Crosby fan, I still hate Turner stadium though lol.

2 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Watching the team under this coach they just have a different approach.  The health of the qb will play a big role in how confident Crosby plays.  With #2 at the helm with #1 in the backfield they are much more dynamic. I don’t think they will awe struck.  As a Crosby fan, I still hate Turner stadium though lol.

Not a fan of Turner myself.   Fans are too far away from the action.   Sheldon ISD Stadium is awesome.  Would have been a good option

I think Turner stadium is just fine, Crosby has allways played very well at that venue. I can also say with confidence that its highly unlikely that the Cougars will come out "star struck" if you will. These boys are playing tword a goal, and that goal is to win the last game of the season... after the impressive 1st round win they have beat 2 teams that, on paper should have won the game. Its hard to predict determination/willpower and these boys are playing with that. If they can clean up the the amount of yards/first downs lost to laundry then they WILL win this game handedly. If not then it will likely go down to the wire, much like the HHS game, if it doesn't get out of hand. 

Go Cougars!

5 hours ago, CowbellCoog said:

I think Turner stadium is just fine, Crosby has allways played very well at that venue. I can also say with confidence that its highly unlikely that the Cougars will come out "star struck" if you will. These boys are playing tword a goal, and that goal is to win the last game of the season... after the impressive 1st round win they have beat 2 teams that, on paper should have won the game. Its hard to predict determination/willpower and these boys are playing with that. If they can clean up the the amount of yards/first downs lost to laundry then they WILL win this game handedly. If not then it will likely go down to the wire, much like the HHS game, if it doesn't get out of hand. 

Go Cougars!

Crosby has had some good games at Turner and I'm not sure we've ever lost there but its also the district stadium we've struggled in the most. Played some games there that should've been easily won against KP and Humble and were lucky to leave with victories. FBM is also familiar with Turner thanks to their recent playoff runs. From '16-'20 FBM has played in 23 playoff games to date, the only one they've lost by more than 4 points is the '18 title game to Aledo. I'm not sure even on our best day that we can beat them handily?

I will say though, in region 3 play this is probably their most gettable team since the '16 squad that handled us in Deer Park. If Crosby can play the way they did against TH then I feel like we have a better chance than not at winning, if we play like we did against HHS we're probably going to be sitting home in the semis. Definitely won't be worried about the name on the front of the jersey though, and I actually think all the trash talking FBM does is going to motivate Crosby even more. 

16 hours ago, Eazy said:

In other words, Act like you’ve been there before.  

One thing about Crosby that they've always gotten flak for on this site is the fact that they do already "act like they've been there" even if they haven't. I think the other regional final we won in '14 is to far back to matter but one thing for sure is that the kids feel like they're SUPPOSED to be where they are. Hopefully FBM's kids see Crosby's loss to Nederland and how they manhandled them and take us lightly. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!