Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!

wbfan

14 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

I beg to differ, didn't Nederland beat Crosby this year? FBM just destroyed Nederland 49-0. Nederland could not do anything with FBM speed. Crosby has not seen the speed that FBM has. FBM might be the fastest HS team in the country. FBM has real football players that excel on the track, not track athletes playing football. That is a huge difference. There is not a team in Region 3 5A or 6A that is 14 points better than FBM. That includes North Shore, Katy, Shadow Creek, Manvel, and anyone else. North Shore and Katy will probably beat FBM but it won't be by more than 14 points.

Man did you see what Katy did to SC yesterday? Did you see what NS did the my squad Manvel earlier in the year?  TAKE THIS POST BACK RET NI!! LOL!! Marshall would get beat by 30+ by both of these teams and that's by halftime. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I said earlier in the year that I though Manvel would play Denton Ryan in the 5A-D1 title game. In the next sentence I said I thought FBM was the best 5A team in Houston regardless of classification. It’s the country boys from the east side of town versus some more of those Mo City kids from the southwest.

Nobody from the southern half of the state has figured out how to deal with FBM’s speed the last two years, we’ll see how Crosby fares. One thing in think for sure is that even if FBM has an off night Crosby probably can’t get them by 20. I will say, if they play a first half like they did against Ned they’ll probably be down to Crosby at the half. 

You've been wrong before. 

LOL... Check the Manvel vs FBM series record tho?  Just sayin'.  You can base the series on the last couple years if you like as it'll help your argument.  FBM had some special kids the past few years and it has shown but you are hallucinating. SC along with Klien Collins played NS well early in the year ... line them up now and NS will destroy both. The physicality of Katy would cripple Marshall the first couple drives as one can not simulate that in practice. I like FBM but lets be real... They a monster is 5A Div 2 but lets not go crazy. 

12 hours ago, badndn said:

Crosby needs to be methodical on offense. Win the time of possession big time like PNG did, but finish drives. Had PNG finished each long drive FBM would be at home.  I think CC wins this as long as they don’t try to get into a shootout. Taking down Tx High was, eh. I didn’t think that district was all that great. But beating Huntsville was impressive. Good Luck Coogs. 

Agree completely.  PNG kept them off the field and when they were on the field PNG had there angel in the outfield moments on defense. I think Crosby can beat them if they slowly march down the field. Tire out those big guys on the D line.  

3 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

Yes I did say that, I have been watching North Shore and FBM for years. I know what both teams are capable of doing. I know kids and coaches from both schools past and present. I am not a Southeast Tx homer like the majority of people on this site. Crosby is definitely not 13 or 20 points better than FBM. Nederland was you guys district champs and could not even score on FBM. Crosby gave up 29 points to Nederland in a loss. 

Yep, and PNG finished 4th in our district. They scored 14 points on FBM and lost by 7. How does that part fit into your narrative? 

1 hour ago, Mohead2000 said:

No they are faster than Crosby. Crosby was not even up on Huntsville by 3 TDs. Some of you guys are ridiculous with y'alls posts. Lol

Doubtful FBM could beat Huntsville. Second half PNG QB by himself ran it down FBM throat your D-line and backfield had no answer for him.  Huntsville has a better defense than FBM - Crosby will match up on both sides your only hope will be if their QB doesn't get to play and then it will be a toss up.

1 hour ago, FrodoNDN said:

Agree completely.  PNG kept them off the field and when they were on the field PNG had there angel in the outfield moments on defense. I think Crosby can beat them if they slowly march down the field. Tire out those big guys on the D line.  

The reason FBM was a bad matchup for Crosby last time we played them in the playoffs is the same reason they’re a bad matchup now. They play just like us except with better personnel. . . most years. People talked about Huntsville and Texas High having the best defenses in the region but I actually think it’s FBM(I’m of course partial to my Cougars). That speed is just an unquantifiable factor. 

If we could slowly march down the field like a Ned then like you said, that’s the optimal plan. Crosby throws Hail Marys on first down and doesn’t try to pick up the first until third down some drives. It’s wouldn’t be my philosophy but we’re 4 deep with it so I’ll just keep going to work. I do believe this philosophy plays right into FBM’s hands though. 

12-5A-D2 is going to finish the season with at least 6 playoff wins making it the strongest district in the region this year. New Year’s Day Crosby might be able to prove they’re playing out of the strongest D2 district in the state? 

Shout out to the Cougar coaching staff and Coach Jerry Prieto. In only his/their second year and 26th overall game as a head coach he has Crosby back in the regional finals. Feels like we do it a different way in Crosby now. Looking forward to an exciting finish to the season and even more excited to see what he does with the talent he has coming down the pipe. Seems like Crosby has pretty much hit on all four hires since ‘03. 

30 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

It fits because you are dealing with HS kids, and the main thing with them is keeping them focus at all times. FBM did not have a hard game all regular season, PNG remembered that beating they took from FBM the previous season and probably told themselves that was not going to happen again and played the best they could. That was a recipe for disaster for FBM in the fact that they overlooked PNG. Now FBM is focused they beat Montgomery by 20 and Nederland the district champs by 49 and it could have been by 56.

Crosby is focused now too. They won’t overlook FBM like they did Nederland after winning their previous 6 district games by an average of 40ppg.  Crosby lost to FBM in ‘16 so we’re going to tell ourselves it won’t happen again. I can do that too. FBM is going to line up with the best team they’ve played all year, just like Crosby will. A red hot Crosby team(pun intended) might be a recipe for disaster for FBM. 

The one factor that you can’t forecast is turnovers.  When you get to the 3rd round and beyond, everybody you play is going to be good.  You have to win the turnover battle.  Crosby did that against Huntsville.  If Huntsville doesn’t fumble 3 times, they win that game.  I don’t recall Crosby turning it over at all.  

Crosby has athletes all over the field just like FBM does.  If they take care of the ball and do their thing, they will likely win.  Turnovers decide close games.  Most of FBM’s blowouts are because of a significant turnover advantage.  How many turnovers did Nederland have?  There’s the blowout.  

Nobody's hallucinating, Manvel has underachieved way more than they should have and that was before Shadow Creek came on the scene. Just because Katy manhandled Manvel running the same 5 plays over the years doesn't mean that they will manhandle FBM in that manner. They or North Shore will not beat FBM by 30+points. Neither team is fast enough on the defensive side of the ball or run an offense that will allow them to be ahead by that many against Marshall.  Marshall has more D1 athletes than Katy and maybe just a little less than North Shore. And their program is a top tier with far less support than Katy or NS. Aledo is one of the best football programs in the state and only beat FBM by 3 in the state game.

The only top 6A teams FBM could hang with out of the Houston area are probably Cy-Fair and Dawson. North Shore and Katy are probably going to win titles this year, FBM wouldn’t even score on either of those squads and would definitely lose by 30+. Probably to Tompkins by a similar margin. What FBM does even within the class at less than 1,400 kids is amazing. What NS does in 6A with about 4,500 kids is on a different levels though. 

24 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

It's obvious you are a homer and that is clouding your reasoning or you don't know football. FOOTBALL IS PLAYED IN 4 QUARTERS NOT JUST 1 HALF. The question is did PNG win and that answer is no. Huntsville coaching should have called a timeout when they were driving at the end of the game, they let 20 seconds run off the clock and that was the difference in moving the ball down closer the for a better FG try. But that did not happen and Crosby moved on. However that does not mean Crosby matches up well with FBM.

Lol,you are the obvious homer with your delusional comments. You struggled to contain PNG for 4 quarters maybe your overrated !

37 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

I am not a homer, I have followed HS football and basketball in the whole state of Texas for last 30+ years. Your comments are delusional because you keep talking about what PNG did in a losing effort and trying to  make some sense of how Crosby will do against FBM. When was the last time Dayton was relevant? You are a homer for a school that you probably don't have ties to. At least I do know and did coach the Walter twins when they played youth football before they even got to Crosby a few years back. And I know and spent significant time with current players on Crosby roster right now. 

"Come on man " (in my best Joe Biden voice)you checking up on me. As you  know Dayton hasn't been relevant since Stewart left 2011 he did take us to State 2008. Until we become relevant again I will pull for anybody in our district who makes the playoffs. I'm just messing with you because you come off as arrogant.

Folks drive me crazy with the team comparisons to teams who haven't played. FBM is hard to gauge because we know they haven't played anyone all year its not debatable. They really should schedule a NS, Katy, or Ridge point early in the year.  What we do know is they have a ton of speed on the field. 

As for Huntsville they lost because they should've lost. TEAMS win football games that includes staff and players. Don't come trying to tarnish our victory. Crosby made their mistakes as well. If you take away Huntsvilles timeout snafu take away Crosby's  pooch kick. We still win. Crosby was the better team. Re-run it with everyone healthy and we probably beat em worse. Knocked off the #5 then knocked off #4 number 3 is on deck.

2 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

Nobody's hallucinating, Manvel has underachieved way more than they should have and that was before Shadow Creek came on the scene. Just because Katy manhandled Manvel running the same 5 plays over the years doesn't mean that they will manhandle FBM in that manner. They or North Shore will not beat FBM by 30+points. Neither team is fast enough on the defensive side of the ball or run an offense that will allow them to be ahead by that many against Marshall.  Marshall has more D1 athletes than Katy and maybe just a little less than North Shore. And their program is a top tier with far less support than Katy or NS. Aledo is one of the best football programs in the state and only beat FBM by 3 in the state game.

So now D1 athletes equates to wins. LOL! Manvel loss state games to Aledo and HP, in which HP is one of the best programs in the state as well, since we won't to give excuses for underachieving as you slid in for FBM in you last sentence. On paper Katy has never been fast enough to win all those titles. Nothing new. Again, Marshall doesn't have the strength, size nor numbers to line up with either of those to for 4 quarters. Not even close. 

Now with that said I think Marshall beats Crosby in a thriller.

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Gotcha. The reason we lost to Nederland in 2018 is because our qb was out for the season. My argument is pretty simple though. We’re both 6-1 in district play. Crosby’s average win was by 40, what was Ned’s?

First round Ned played the 4th place team and won 37-0, Crosby played the 3rd place team and won 66-0. Area round Ned played the 2nd place team from 9-5A and won 34-21, Crosby played the district champ who beat them 44-0 and won 62-42. It’s highly likely Ned would’ve been shut out by Huntsville today too, terrible matchup for Ned’s run game. I think it was a great season for Ned and for that matter 12-5A-D2 as a whole. Ned posted another 10 win season and probably only lost because they played a back to back to back state finalist. 

We’re in the 4th round against our 3rd consecutive top 5 team. At some point you just run out of bullets .  .  .  unless you win it all. Someone asked what I thought a good season would be for Crosby. I responded 9-4 or 10-3. I would like to be 11-2 but we’re 10-3 and the seniors are going to be able to say they were co-district champs, won 10 games, knocked off two top 5 teams and went to the 4th round. Hell of a season for Crosby considering they get to play for the region in probably the strongest one in the state. 

I will say as a handicapper that Crosby is probably +20.5 in this one though. 

You lost , get over it.   End of the line for Crosby this week.

I never said that FBM would beat Katy or NS. I said that neither team is 14 points better and definitely not 30 points better. And I know D1 athletes doesn't equate wins, but if you have the coaching it helps.

North Shore most definitely would beat Marshall by 30+.  Katy would win by 3 tds

So if FBM is good enough to stay close to NS & Katy, does that mean Aledo is the best football team in the state?   And since some argue Carthage could beat Aledo, is Carthage the best?  Lol, this can get outta hand.  First, let’s see if FBM can beat Crosby.  

7 hours ago, Bigdog said:

You lost , get over it.   End of the line for Crosby this week.

Lol, get over it? I was over it after we beat FBW 66-0. I see FBM just handed y’all one of your worst losses in program history, I would be trying to get over that if I was you.

I know seeing Crosby in a regional final has some extra sting to it for your too, especially now that those fans’ comments that said your win over Crosby in the regular season was irrelevant. I didn’t think that but I guess they were right. 

A few weeks ago you said, “I hate to break it to you, but Crosby is an average team.” Just wondering what you would call the other 7 teams left playing? 

• WOSgrad changed the title to Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!