Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!

wbfan

37 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

I beg to differ, didn't Nederland beat Crosby this year? FBM just destroyed Nederland 49-0. Nederland could not do anything with FBM speed. Crosby has not seen the speed that FBM has. FBM might be the fastest HS team in the country. FBM has real football players that excel on the track, not track athletes playing football. That is a huge difference. There is not a team in Region 3 5A or 6A that is 14 points better than FBM. That includes North Shore, Katy, Shadow Creek, Manvel, and anyone else. North Shore and Katy will probably beat FBM but it won't be by more than 14 points.

Someone has been in the bottle.....

55 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

I beg to differ, didn't Nederland beat Crosby this year? FBM just destroyed Nederland 49-0. Nederland could not do anything with FBM speed. Crosby has not seen the speed that FBM has. FBM might be the fastest HS team in the country. FBM has real football players that excel on the track, not track athletes playing football. That is a huge difference. There is not a team in Region 3 5A or 6A that is 14 points better than FBM. That includes North Shore, Katy, Shadow Creek, Manvel, and anyone else. North Shore and Katy will probably beat FBM but it won't be by more than 14 points.

3rd place  district 12 5A PNG almost beat FBM - they're good but hardly unstopable and not as fast as Crosby - If #2 for Crosby (Dunn) plays I have Crosby by 3tds.

1 hour ago, Mohead2000 said:

Yeah, and Nederland lost to PNG who Crosby beat by 40. Ned had their best night and Crosby has their worst, look at the last 11 games on their schedules. Two completely different matchup styles for FBM. Started to get a little incoherent at the North Shore part though. 

Crosby just needs to play their game and not get intimidated by who they are playing.  FB Marshall has been in a Region Final like 5 years in a row.  Nothing new for them.  They may dress like the LSU Tigers, but they can be beaten.  Not sure about that turd dropping with Nederland today, but Crosby will match up better against the Buffs.  

3 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

Still salty about the 49-0 arce kicking yall got while we were dancing with our trophy? Yall enjoy the week off while we grind it out and stay positive about our outcome just like we were for yall makeing it to the 3rd round. 

Crosby needs to be methodical on offense. Win the time of possession big time like PNG did, but finish drives. Had PNG finished each long drive FBM would be at home.  I think CC wins this as long as they don’t try to get into a shootout. Taking down Tx High was, eh. I didn’t think that district was all that great. But beating Huntsville was impressive. Good Luck Coogs. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, and Nederland lost to PNG who Crosby beat by 40. Ned had their best night and Crosby has their worst, look at the last 11 games on their schedules. Two completely different matchup styles for FBM. Started to get a little incoherent at the North Shore part though. 

We lost to PNG because QB was out for 2 quarters.

Luckily we caught Barbers Hill on their worst game. 
Then we luckily caught y’all on y’all’s worst game. 😂 
Well Marshall caught us on our worst game. 
Next week y’all will be done, I mean Fort Bend Marshall will catch y’all on bad day or at least without your best player, whatever excuse you want to come up with. 
We lost to PNG y’all lost to us PNG wins this post. Haha

3 hours ago, NedNRed said:

We lost to PNG because QB was out for 2 quarters.

Luckily we caught Barbers Hill on their worst game. 
Then we luckily caught y’all on y’all’s worst game. 😂 
Well Marshall caught us on our worst game. 
Next week y’all will be done, I mean Fort Bend Marshall will catch y’all on bad day or at least without your best player, whatever excuse you want to come up with. 
We lost to PNG y’all lost to us PNG wins this post. Haha

Gotcha. The reason we lost to Nederland in 2018 is because our qb was out for the season. My argument is pretty simple though. We’re both 6-1 in district play. Crosby’s average win was by 40, what was Ned’s?

First round Ned played the 4th place team and won 37-0, Crosby played the 3rd place team and won 66-0. Area round Ned played the 2nd place team from 9-5A and won 34-21, Crosby played the district champ who beat them 44-0 and won 62-42. It’s highly likely Ned would’ve been shut out by Huntsville today too, terrible matchup for Ned’s run game. I think it was a great season for Ned and for that matter 12-5A-D2 as a whole. Ned posted another 10 win season and probably only lost because they played a back to back to back state finalist. 

We’re in the 4th round against our 3rd consecutive top 5 team. At some point you just run out of bullets .  .  .  unless you win it all. Someone asked what I thought a good season would be for Crosby. I responded 9-4 or 10-3. I would like to be 11-2 but we’re 10-3 and the seniors are going to be able to say they were co-district champs, won 10 games, knocked off two top 5 teams and went to the 4th round. Hell of a season for Crosby considering they get to play for the region in probably the strongest one in the state. 

I will say as a handicapper that Crosby is probably +20.5 in this one though. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Crosby by 20

I said earlier in the year that I though Manvel would play Denton Ryan in the 5A-D1 title game. In the next sentence I said I thought FBM was the best 5A team in Houston regardless of classification. It’s the country boys from the east side of town versus some more of those Mo City kids from the southwest.

Nobody from the southern half of the state has figured out how to deal with FBM’s speed the last two years, we’ll see how Crosby fares. One thing in think for sure is that even if FBM has an off night Crosby probably can’t get them by 20. I will say, if they play a first half like they did against Ned they’ll probably be down to Crosby at the half. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Gotcha. The reason we lost to Nederland in 2018 is because our qb was out for the season. My argument is pretty simple though. We’re both 6-1 in district play. Crosby’s average win was by 40, what was Ned’s?

First round Ned played the 4th place team and won 37-0, Crosby played the 3rd place team and won 66-0. Area round Ned played the 2nd place team from 9-5A and won 34-21, Crosby played the district champ who beat them 44-0 and won 62-42. It’s highly likely Ned would’ve been shut out by Huntsville today too, terrible matchup for Ned’s run game. I think it was a great season for Ned and for that matter 12-5A-D2 as a whole. Ned posted another 10 win season and probably only lost because they played a back to back to back state finalist. 

We’re in the 4th round against our 3rd consecutive top 5 team. At some point you just run out of bullets .  .  .  unless you win it all. Someone asked what I thought a good season would be for Crosby. I responded 9-4 or 10-3. I would like to be 11-2 but we’re 10-3 and the seniors are going to be able to say they were co-district champs, won 10 games, knocked off two top 5 teams and went to the 4th round. Hell of a season for Crosby considering they get to play for the region in probably the strongest one in the state. 

I will say as a handicapper that Crosby is probably +20.5 in this one though. 

Couldn't agree more. Great season for Nederland. At this point of playoffs it is about match ups and Nederland didn't match up well. Looking forward to next week if Nederland were to get by FBM I was hoping to get Crosby because I think Huntsville is a match up nightmare for Nederland. Turns out FBM was too. However Crosby matches up much better against FBM and I'm backing Crosby to win and pulling for them to win the whole thing.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Crosby 37 Fort Bend Marshall 28/FINAL/CROSBY COUGARS - CLASS 5A DIVISION II REGION III CHAMPIONS!!!