Christmas Wishes & Christmas Day

SmashMouth

I’m taking this opportunity to wish EVERYONE a very Merry Christmas and hopefully a better New Year. I mean everyone. No matter your lifestyle or ideology or race, we are all God’s children.  This day represents the day our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was born so that He may one day be sacrificed on the cross to give us eternal life. 

It is my wish that we can all act better towards one another this next year and years to come, and that we cherish life and the gifts we have been given.

As for me and my family, we will watch our senior son & some of our grandkids open presents and then make one mean pot of gumbo and some potato salad and french bread. What’s everyone else got going?

On 12/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, SmashMouth said:

I’m taking this opportunity to wish EVERYONE a very Merry Christmas and hopefully a better New Year. I mean everyone. No matter your lifestyle or ideology or race, we are all God’s children.  This day represents the day our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was born so that He may one day be sacrificed on the cross to give us eternal life. 

It is my wish that we can all act better towards one another this next year and years to come, and that we cherish life and the gifts we have been given.

As for me and my family, we will watch our senior son & some of our grandkids open presents and then make one mean pot of gumbo and some potato salad and french bread. What’s everyone else got going?

Like WOS said, very well said. I can’t attend church due to covid, but I do have some gumbo and that might do the trick. Merry Christmas to everyone and remember to keep Christ in Christmas.

On 12/23/2020 at 8:41 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Well said my friend.

Merry Christmas to all.

Small gathering of friends and family. Frying a turkey again. And I'm gonna try your tenderloin recipe too.

Let us know how it turns out. I'm frying a turkey right now. @SmashMouth I was going to do the tenderloin too but I forgot to go get one this week. Might have to get the fryer out just for that next week or so. 

The verdict is in. Fastest tenderloin ever. Good flavor great taste. But I think I may have over done it. Mine was about 2.5 lbs. After 10 minutes, checked it with a meat thermometer and only got to 140. 5 more minutes, but it was probably tougher than it should've been. Thanks @SmashMouth Definitely worth trying again. I'm sure with a lil practice I'll get it right.

Also, it would be great for pork a Bob's. And someone at the SETX state fair could make some money.

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Also