Need scores!!!

hjhawks

15 minutes ago, hjhawks said:

I hate that scores don’t get posted on here on a regular basis... I know it goes in cycles, but there are alot of kids in programs all over the area that work hard!!  Hopefully in 2021 we can get a better tesponse grom across the area!

I am SETXsports.com Administrator Todd Broussard and I endorse this message.

2 hours ago, CatFam2308 said:

I agree.  If we had at least one person from each school that could commit to getting on here after each game to report scores, I know it would help @WOSgradout a ton. 

Posting here would be appreciated, but that is just part of a bigger problem.  It is not just that the scores are not being posted here, they are not being posted anywhere. 

When I update the scoreboard (which for those that don't know, is the schedule thread at the top of the forum), I look 4 places: 1) here 2) maxpreps 3) twitter and 4)

This is the hidden content, please

I usually do that 1-2 days after the games are played to make sure they have had a chance to be reported somewhere.

The real disappointment is twitter.  While I see boys' scores out the wazoo, girls scores are few and far between. 

Question, and I'm not being a jack behind or anything.  Are we just not doing a good job of keeping a two way contact platform for our area girls basketball coaches?  Are they not wanting to get the information out about  their girls teams?  Is there a way that we can get the personal phone #'s for these coaches so that we can get the information?  I say coaches because they are the ones that will be at every game.  Dedicated fans (ones that make every game) are rare on the girls side vs. the male counterparts.

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Question, and I'm not being a jack behind or anything.  Are we just not doing a good job of keeping a two way contact platform for our area girls basketball coaches?  Are they not wanting to get the information out about  their girls teams?  Is there a way that we can get the personal phone #'s for these coaches so that we can get the information?  I say coaches because they are the ones that will be at every game.  Dedicated fans (ones that make every game) are rare on the girls side vs. the male counterparts.

Answer.  Absolutely.  I can need to do a better job of it.  I do not have personal # of any of the girls coaches.

I do know this, they have mine.

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Answer.  Absolutely.  I can need to do a better job of it.  I do not have personal # of any of the girls coaches.

I do know this, they have mine.

And I mean, I'm not calling you or anyone out when I asked the question.  I was just wondering.  I feel the girls need just as much love as the boys.  You would think the Girls coaches would feel the same and reach to the media, namely us.

First of all I appreciate this website and all that you guys do for SETX. 

I also run into issues in finding scores and come here to find them. 

My only suggestion to limit the amount of work on you guys, is just make one topic per day for each district. Instead of having a game thread for each game just have one overall topic per district.  I know it takes a ton of time to post each game as a topic and then to not have any or many responses is too much work.  Maybe even have a weekly for example 22-5a games and results topic?

1 hour ago, joebob said:

My only suggestion to limit the amount of work on you guys, is just make one topic per day for each district. Instead of having a game thread for each game just have one overall topic per district.  I know it takes a ton of time to post each game as a topic and then to not have any or many responses is too much work.  Maybe even have a weekly for example 22-5a games and results topic?

I don’t think the issue is the amount of work, but the lack of information...  but that is a good suggestion though...

8 hours ago, joebob said:

It is a good suggestion that I do implement to some extent.  Here is what I do, at the beginning of the season, I will post a wider array of individual threads to gauge who is responding (I do that with all of the sports, not just girls' basketball).  When the non-district games play out and district starts, you see me divide into individual threads for schools which I know I will get a response (e.g. HJ, BU, Evadale, OF) and district threads for those which I am at least not so sure.

15 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

It is a good suggestion that I do implement to some extent.  Here is what I do, at the beginning of the season, I will post a wider array of individual threads to gauge who is responding (I do that with all of the sports, not just girls' basketball).  When the non-district games play out and district starts, you see me divide into individual threads for schools which I know I will get a response (e.g. HJ, BU, Evadale, OF) and district threads for those which I am at least not so sure.

Smart. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is my biggest beef on this.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I mentioned that one of the places that I go to mine scores is MaxPreps.

And last night and this morning, I was doing that.  I come up on the Corrigan-Camden/Diboll game out of 22-3A.  Now, they are only tangentially in our area so I really don't expect a response on the site, so I search their score on MaxPreps.  And lo and behold, someone did post something about the game....a highlight video.....BUT THEY DIDN'T REPORT THE SCORE!!!!

Please, I know you want to see your kid get video out there for the Geno Auriemma's and Kara Lawson's of the world to view, but if you are going to take the time to put together a highlight reel to post can you take just 30 seconds (I've done it, that is all it takes) to post the dog gone score?