Crosby 32 Huntsville 29/FINAL

Cougar14.2

Crosby gets an opportunity for a rematch against the team that ended their 2019 season. After taking out #5 Texas High in convincing fashion they have the fortune of playing #4 Huntsville. Crosby is averaging 64ppg through the first two round while the Hornets didn’t give up a point through the first 7 quarter of the playoffs. There were a lot of question marks with the strength of Texas High’s 11-0 record, there shouldn’t be any about Huntsville’s 11-0 record. 

As a Crosby fan I’m feeling pretty good about our chances. Can’t have the turnovers and penalties we did against TH but we need to find a way to bring all of whatever else that was in Nacodoches to The Woodlands. 

I don’t think Huntsville has the same offensive firepower as TH. They’re only averaging about 31ppg offensively through the first couple of rounds which is right in line with their regular season average of about 35ppg. Looking at their schedule, Crosby should have the best defense Huntsville has seen this year. The Hornets will have the best defense Crosby has seen this year except for maybe Manvel, who blew us out. 

The difference in Manvel and Huntsville’s defenses is that Manvel doesn’t have anybody like Ed Bobino to destroy the interior of your offensive line. There’s even a bright spot there for Crosby as some of the same kids got to line up against him last year as well as the staff game-planning for him. 

Kind of feels like the first one to 30 may win this one. 

I picked Huntsville to be in the State Final so I’ll stick with the Hornets here. This one could be a barn burner.  That Crosby offense is more scary than FB Marshall.  

Still hard to believe that Crosby was leading Texas High 62-28 late in the game last week.  Texas High was new to this region.  They were an unknown to most of us, but they also didn’t know the rest of the Region teams.  While they were patting themselves on the back and predicting a Region 3 championship, they stepped in the dookie and didn’t know it until it was too late.  Very impressive win for Crosby.

Unlike Texas High, Huntsville does know what they are dealing with this Saturday.  Branch, Dunn, and Herman put on an offensive show last year.  If they do it again, I’m not sure the Huntsville offense can keep up.

Huntsville is a very sound team.  They don’t make a lot of mistakes.  The offense hasn’t had to do a whole lot.  They haven’t had to go win a game because the defense gives up less than 10 per game.  Crosby is the only team in 2 seasons that has scored over 30 points against the Hornets.  It would seem likely that they will do that again.  

It’s win or go home.  I think Huntsville will find a way to advance.  I’ll predict a score later.  

If Crosby can play like they did against TH they will be extremely hard to beat by anyone. Receivers should have gotten the game ball for all the great blocks they were making downfield. If Hville starts off slow offensively Crosby could very well go up two TD’s early. However I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a defensive battle with neither team being able to move the ball very well. Watched the first half of the BH game today. BH had their chances early just didn’t have the horses. IMHO. 

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

If Crosby can play like they did against TH they will be extremely hard to beat by anyone. Receivers should have gotten the game ball for all the great blocks they were making downfield. If Hville starts off slow offensively Crosby could very well go up two TD’s early. However I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a defensive battle with neither team being able to move the ball very well. Watched the first half of the BH game today. BH had their chances early just didn’t have the horses. IMHO. 

I agree the key 🔑  to this game is get upon Hville early and keep their "D" off balance.TxH got rattled right out of the gate while Crosby never gave them the chance to recover.   Two good teams hooking up should be a good one ,Good luck ! 

Guest ECBucFan
17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby should have the best defense Huntsville has seen this year. The Hornets will have the best defense Crosby has seen this year except for maybe Manvel, who blew us out. 

Kind of feels like the first one to 30 may win this one. 

Then, maybe no one even gets to 20. Thats OK, I appreciate Defensive FB. I really don't like 50+ points shootouts. 

On 12/20/2020 at 5:53 PM, Eazy said:

I picked Huntsville to be in the State Final so I’ll stick with the Hornets here. This one could be a barn burner.  That Crosby offense is more scary than FB Marshall.  

Still hard to believe that Crosby was leading Texas High 62-28 late in the game last week.  Texas High was new to this region.  They were an unknown to most of us, but they also didn’t know the rest of the Region teams.  While they were patting themselves on the back and predicting a Region 3 championship, they stepped in the dookie and didn’t know it until it was too late.  Very impressive win for Crosby.

Unlike Texas High, Huntsville does know what they are dealing with this Saturday.  Branch, Dunn, and Herman put on an offensive show last year.  If they do it again, I’m not sure the Huntsville offense can keep up.

Huntsville is a very sound team.  They don’t make a lot of mistakes.  The offense hasn’t had to do a whole lot.  They haven’t had to go win a game because the defense gives up less than 10 per game.  Crosby is the only team in 2 seasons that has scored over 30 points against the Hornets.  It would seem likely that they will do that again.  

It’s win or go home.  I think Huntsville will find a way to advance.  I’ll predict a score later.  

Now Eazy, you mean to tell me after putting the grass down there where the goats could eat it you still ain’t have a score? You’re a Huntsville fan but have been on Crosby basically all year, which I appreciate. Problem now is that your heart says Hornets but all the numbers say Crosby.

Crosby’s offense has started to play like 2013 and the defense has started to play like 2014, basically a dream scenario as a Crosby fan. I think after knocking off Texas High Crosby has a more favorable matchup than Ned does in the regional semis.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Crosby 32 Huntsville 29/FINAL