Nederland vs FB Marshall

navydawg31

1 hour ago, rmondragon said:

If the Dogs can get the run game going early, they should be able to take this one. This’ll be the best offense FBM has seen this year. Should be a good one!

Montgomery had a better offense than Nederland and just lost by 20. They were right at 5,000 total yards through 12 games split evenly at 2,500 passing and rushing. Take into consideration they had FBM and Huntsville’s defenses on their schedule, also dropped 52 on Crosby’s defense. Looks like Montgomery had 391 total yards on 60 plays, 196 passing and 195 rushing. Don’t see any turnovers unless they were on special teams?

Montgomery’s defense was about a TD worse than Nederland’s on the year though. Kind of surprised FBM was about to still beat Montgomery by as much as they did with Montgomery playing so well. The talk of FBM fading may have been premature. Good luck though, I’m looking forward to a rematch after we take out Huntsville. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Montgomery had a better offense than Nederland and just lost by 20. They were right at 5,000 total yards through 12 games split evenly at 2,500 passing and rushing. Take into consideration they had FBM and Huntsville’s defenses on their schedule, also dropped 52 on Crosby’s defense. Looks like Montgomery had 391 total yards on 60 plays, 196 passing and 195 rushing. Don’t see any turnovers unless they were on special teams?

Montgomery’s defense was about a TD worse than Nederland’s on the year though. Kind of surprised FBM was about to still beat Montgomery by as much as they did with Montgomery playing so well. The talk of FBM fading may have been premature. Good luck though, I’m looking forward to a rematch after we take out Huntsville. 

What was Nederland yardage at? Haven’t been able to find stats overall. Just know we had a +1000 yard RB and WR. Plus yalls defense didn’t pick up until later on in the season

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Is Nederland playing Montgomery or FB Marshall?

Nederland Bulldogs have to play a perfect game against Fb Marshall to win but we can do it. running back, wide receivers need to play like they do every game. defense play smash your mouth ball, special-teams covered on sidekicks, no personal fouls, and the kicker don’t leave points on the table that’s what it’s gonna take

1 hour ago, grayhair777 said:

Nederland Bulldogs have to play a perfect game against Fb Marshall to win but we can do it. running back, wide receivers need to play like they do every game. defense play smash your mouth ball, special-teams covered on sidekicks, no personal fouls, and the kicker don’t leave points on the table that’s what it’s gonna take

I would say they have to play perfect but eliminate stupid penalties yes. They need to keep the receivers in front of them and keep up the great run defense. Offense its mostly the same ground and pound with a little bit of air. from what I noticed FBs defense is perfect for the dogs as they love to run and FB gives up alot in the run....atleast from the playoff games I've seen

2 hours ago, grayhair777 said:

I'm so glad the kicking fiasco will be over after this year.  Will be nice to have the best kicker on the field instead of.... ummm... you get it.  

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Didn’t you say I was stupid because you thought I was from Barrett Station or something like that earlier this year? Stupid as I am they might be playing PNG? 🖕🏾

Must have been someone else called you stupid. I've never heard of Barrett Station.  Plus I don't do irrelevant.  Has Nederland played Crosby this year? Stupid as I am I don't remember.

Hope the dogs can put a complete game together this Saturday. They have been able to win some big games without doing so but the teams only get better from here. It’s been fun watching this team. They still have room for improvement and that’s why I believe this team can be dangerous and take it to FBM. Go Dogs!

7 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Must have been someone else called you stupid. I've never heard of Barrett Station.  Plus I don't do irrelevant.  Has Nederland played Crosby this year? Stupid as I am I don't remember.

He pulled that Barrett Station on me once.   I know College Station.  I know Greyhound Bus Station.   Just never heard of Barrett Station.  😜