Championship Week

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Coastal beat BYU and then UL(who they ducked in the rematch). What do you think any of these 3 teams records would be if they played an all SEC schedule?  

How many teams in the country would be undefeated playing Ohio State’s schedule? 

It’s hard to keep Ohio State out because they had some quality wins and didn’t lose. Plus they are in a different conference which also helps. It would have been awesome to see A&M in but let’s bet honest, it doesn’t matter who made it because whoever it was is going to get thumped by Bama anyways. But I can see the case on both sides. I personally think it should be a 6-8 team playoff. That’d fix a lot of things. With 4 you will have this argument every year. 

Since we don't have out of conference games to gauge relative strength between conferences, we might look at the relative talent on the opponents teams.

A&M played 9 games, with 8 (89%) of them coming against teams in the top 25 of composite team talent this year. We went 7-1 against top 25 teams based on recruited talent.

Notre Dame played 11 games, with only 4 of them coming against teams in the top 25 of composite team talent (counting Clemson twice). They went 3-1.

Despite playing two more games than A&M, ND played half as many teams with top 25 recruited talent on the roster.

Ohio State played just 6 games, and only 2 came against teams in the top 25 of composite team talent. They went 2-0. A&M played more teams with top 25 talent than OSU even played this season.

A&M played 9 games, with 8 (89%) of them coming against teams in the top 25 of composite team talent this year. We went 7-1 against top 25 teams based on recruited talent.

Where's a&m and ND on this list of talent?

I saw ND beat aggie in the cotton bowl back in the day. The real cotton bowl.

16 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The 4 team playoff is just not enough.

Needs to be an 8 team playoff. I've been saying this for years.

A&M should have been in but I certainly wasn't expecting them to be selected. Politics.

Why 8? Why not 12 or 16? You got to realize there will always be controversy no matter how many teams you put in. Opens the door for more debates more teams you add into this playoffs. 4 is good and leave it alone don’t water it down and keep the playoffs meaningful. 

11 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Why 8? Why not 12 or 16? You got to realize there will always be controversy no matter how many teams you put in. Opens the door for more debates more teams you add into this playoffs. 4 is good and leave it alone don’t water it down and keep the playoffs meaningful. 

This year 3 of the 4 games would be good matchups. Ratings would be off the charts 

#1 Bama vs #8 Cincy- Blowout 
#4 ND vs #5 A&M- good matchup

#2 Clemson vs #7 Florida- Florida would at least make it entertaining 
#3 OSU vs #6 OU- solid matchup

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

This year 3 of the 4 games would be good matchups. Ratings would be off the charts 

#1 Bama vs #8 Cincy- Blowout 
#4 ND vs #5 A&M- good matchup

#2 Clemson vs #7 Florida- Florida would at least make it entertaining 
#3 OSU vs #6 OU- solid matchup

Why put Florida in the playoffs they have 3 losses and not Georgia with 2 losses. USC only has 1 loss on the season and that’s in the championship of PAC 12 game. See where I am getting at to many debates and talks and watered down. 4 is good enough. 

29 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Why put Florida in the playoffs they have 3 losses and not Georgia with 2 losses. USC only has 1 loss on the season and that’s in the championship of PAC 12 game. See where I am getting at to many debates and talks and watered down. 4 is good enough. 

Never has there been this much crying about a team who literally has 2 wins against teams with winning records.  The other 6 teams have won an average of 2 and a half games each.  Don’t give me the SEC BS this year.  It was thinner than owl feces this year.

29 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I just went by the final committee rankings, but I’ll answer your questions.

Florida beat Georgia by 16 points when they played.  Florida has an extra loss because they played in the SEC championship.  Hard to punish them for that.  Georgia had chances on the field.  

USC and the PAC is trash.  Their 1 loss came to in the championship to a team that didn’t even qualify to get there. 

I would rather the 9th team get left out than the 5th

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Never has there been this much crying about a team who literally has 2 wins against teams with winning records.  The other 6 teams have won an average of 2 and a half games each.  Don’t give me the SEC BS this year.  It was thinner than owl feces this year.

I know it’s hard for you to understand, but with a conference only schedule the best the total SEC record could be is .500.  

Alabama, A&M, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, and probably LSU would all be undefeated if they played Ohio States 6 game schedule.  

I know it’s hard for you to understand, but with a conference only schedule the best the total SEC record could be is .500.  

Alabama, A&M, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, and probably LSU would all be undefeated if they played Ohio States 6 game schedule.  

I’m quite certain I’m better at math than you.  I’m also certain that when 5 of your 6 wins are against the five worst teams in the league, you feasted on bad teams.  You were fortunate to avoid 3 of the top 4 teams in the East, even though most weren’t that good anyway.  To put in terms even an aggy could understand, you played the worst of the worst in your conference.  Your schedule was “favorable” (that means easier). 

And I’m sure you believe that last paragraph.  You guys have had your heads so far up your new conference buddies’ behinds since you joined that you can’t breathe (and are as delusional as ever).  Vegas, however, says Ohio St would be a solid double digit favorite over aggy (shocking!).  

Sadly for aggy, even in your conference which you guys are so proud of, you are less relevant to the fans than your big brother, and are still just the equivalent of a directional school that helps the inroads for your conference mates to recruit in our fertile state.  

Of all years aggy might have had something, the year of Covid could have finally been it.  Almost!  So close! 

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I’m quite certain I’m better at math than you.  I’m also certain that when 5 of your 6 wins are against the five worst teams in the league, you feasted on bad teams.  You were fortunate to avoid 3 of the top 4 teams in the East, even though most weren’t that good anyway.  To put in terms even an aggy could understand, you played the worst of the worst in your conference.  Your schedule was “favorable” (that means easier). 

And I’m sure you believe that last paragraph.  You guys have had your heads so far up your new conference buddies’ behinds since you joined that you can’t breathe (and are as delusional as ever).  Vegas, however, says Ohio St would be a solid double digit favorite over aggy (shocking!).  

Sadly for aggy, even in your conference which you guys are so proud of, you are less relevant to the fans than your big brother, and are still just the equivalent of a directional school that helps the inroads for your conference mates to recruit in our fertile state.  

Of all years aggy might have had something, the year of Covid could have finally been it.  Almost!  So close! 

You seem bitter.

10 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I just went by the final committee rankings, but I’ll answer your questions.

Florida beat Georgia by 16 points when they played.  Florida has an extra loss because they played in the SEC championship.  Hard to punish them for that.  Georgia had chances on the field.  

USC and the PAC is trash.  Their 1 loss came to in the championship to a team that didn’t even qualify to get there. 

I would rather the 9th team get left out than the 5th

Georgia has a totally different QB than when Florida played in JT Daniels. Georgia is a totally different ball club now. But Florida lost to LSU at home then turn around and lost again. 

You just said Florida has a extra loss in the championship game so it’s hard to penalize the team but turn around and penalized USC for losing in a championship game.... 

I rather roll with the top 4 than 8 don’t water down the system.