Beaumont United 76 Silsbee 56/FINAL

WOSgrad

I think I was impressed with how BU played defense more than anything. Not a lot of teams can handle that. You take the ball to the rim, there's most always 3 or 4 long arms that can jump to meet you. Nothing comes easy.

We had two 6`3s and a 6`4 kid that sat on the bench most the game. Wish we had at least tried to match them in size under the boards.

Good news for Silsbee is they won't see another team with even half the talent BU has for the rest of the season. I can easily see United winning state this year and next year.

It's a good learning experience for our young kids. Just keep working.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Beaumont United 76 Silsbee 56/FINAL
2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I think I was impressed with how BU played defense more than anything. Not a lot of teams can handle that. You take the ball to the rim, there's most always 3 or 4 long arms that can jump to meet you. Nothing comes easy.

We had two 6`3s and a 6`4 kid that sat on the bench most the game. Wish we had at least tried to match them in size under the boards.

Good news for Silsbee is they won't see another team with even half the talent BU has for the rest of the season. I can easily see United winning state this year and next year.

Good news for Silsbee is they won't see another team with even half the talent BU has for the rest of the season, if the season includes the playoffs, Region 3 will have to deal with Faith Family. Faith Family has played a monster of a non-district schedule this year, losing some very close games against 6A teams.  My personal  opinion is Faith Family is the team to beat in 4A, only COVID-19 (if the season is cut short for COVID-19) can stop this team.  I bleed Crimson & Gold but this is not Yates year.     

I can easily see United winning state this year and next year.  Hightower will have a say in 5A, Region 3

There is no substitute for experience.  Huffman has a lot of it.  HH could win region 3.  They don't want no parts of Faith Family, but then who does?   No team at the 4A level that's for sure.  

The season is young yet.  District play hasn't really kicked in yet.  There are always one of two surprises in the playoffs.  Covid 19 is a factor.  Who knows how this thing will end?   So the Tigers need to ride with it.  See where it goes.

7 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

BU's  David Green is a defensive minded coach.  He knows how to squeeze an opportunity with good defense.   He used that strategy when he went to state out of Fort Bend.  That team he won state with at North Shore was a good defensive team.  So it is no surprise to me that BU is a good defensive team as well.

Still gotta play the games.  BU very well could take state in 5A.  I would love to see BU play FFA.  Ik,  FFA is technically 4A, but still, that would be a good game to see.

Jacey J" needs to get a attitude.! 6'7 He needs to be grabbing that ball and coming down swinging arms. Get the ball out qwick and get down court. You can be nice an gentle off the court but be a monster on the court. They start catching the elbows they will get out the way...! But big difference from the last game way to go Silsbee. 

On 12/20/2020 at 11:11 AM, BADSANTA said:

I think Silsbee goes 3 rounds deep in the playoffs 

Nawww I’m seeing improvement every game with those young guys and I think they’ll just keep better and better throughout this season ! I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it to the regional final ! I mean I don’t know too much about the region but those kids gone be just fine IMO