Best offensive line in Southeast Texas?

maybe we should look at stats:

yards/carry

sacks/game

points per game

pancake blocks

et al...

Ahgh.......... Best lines are the schools still undefeated. Look at the end of the year........Best line play by the team that goes farthest.

No team will do well with line play on both sides of the ball

maybe we should look at stats:

yards/carry

sacks/game

points per game

pancake blocks

et al...

Ahgh.......... Best lines are the schools still undefeated. Look at the end of the year........Best line play by the team that goes farthest.

No team will do well with line play on both sides of the ball

man dont be comin out on dem boysa like dat wardy

you aint no cat get off the gas fool

dont be hatin cuz they say lumbertons beter than ya'll... and pn-g

grow up bullpup

WB.  Even though they have a good balanced attack, They move the ball at will whenever they do decide to run.  Their o-line had our d-line on skates.  Other than that, I havent' seen any dominating O-lines this year.  I would say Kelly's or Lumberton, but when I saw them, they played weak teams.

I would say PNG's O line is holding their own.  They have gotten alot better and will continue to click together as long as the same 5 stay on the line.  They have a big, quick center, a very fast, quick guard, and their tackles are both great size.

I noticed when they run the ball up behind their center and guards the backs pick up great yardage.  They do provide Tatum with quiet abit of time to set up and pass.  I'm not saying they are the best in the area, but they are very good and only getting better.  I have been very impressed with Riley, the center and Cortez the quick guard.  Like I said above if they keep the same O linemen on the field they will do alot of good things.

When my son played at PNG they were not very big O linemen but very strong and fast.  This years team reminds me of them.

silsbees o-line is really good. silsbee is ranked in the top of their district for both passing and rushing.

5a- westbrook

4a- pn-g

3a- silsbee

2a- newton

1a- who cares? lol

I disagree with ranking PN-G's line so high. If they are so good, then why do they have such difficulty scoring? I am not bashing them, I think they are okay, but why the scoring deficiencies?

This is hard to rank in the regular season, Most big and strong O-Linemen let subpar D-Linemen in the regular season make them look great! Its the playoffs that count!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was at both of Silsbees playoff games last year and they almost got beat in the first round and did lose in the second. All I am saying is last years Silsbees Line was supposed to be so dominate and when paired with other big talent not so great. Its just to early to talk about DOMINATE this season!

Guest ECBucFan

Buna line hungry for pancakes 

By CHRIS DABE , The Enterprise 

BUNA - Talking among the Buna offensive linemen began shortly after the team's first game this season and has yet to quiet down.

Each huddle, trip to the sideline and film session is filled with the same boasts among Buna's beefiest players.

"Running backs talk about running the ball," said Kris Dotson, a 6-foot-5, 305-pound right tackle. "We talk about making pancakes."

A pancake in this case is not something found on a breakfast menu. Nor can it be made in the kitchen.

"It's pretty much just picking your guy up and planting him into the ground," Dotson said.

In other words, a pancake to an offensive lineman means flattening an opponent while clearing a path for a running back.

Dotson is among a group of senior linemen to have paved a way for 392.5 rushing yards per game and a 4-0 record.

And they'll keep talking every step of the way.

"We say stuff on the line that only us on the line knows what we mean," said Luke Clark, a 6-3, 185-pound tight end who blocks on most downs. "We try to make competition between us to see who can make the best blocks."

The competition heats up in the huddle, where linemen said they talk about blocks that occurred on the previous play. It carries onto the sideline, where they tell teammates about hard hits.

In film sessions, Buna linemen compliment each other for the best blocks, what they call "punishments."

"A punishment is where you just whip him all over the field," Dotson said. "Then at the end, they just don't want any more."

Not until the week before the team's second game did Buna linemen begin talking about pancakes and punishments.

Senior lineman Josh Jeans said assistant coach Ronnie Loftin presented a challenge after the team's season-opening, 35-12 victory over Orangefield.

"He said the first person who gets a good hit is going to be called 'The Punisher,'" said Jeans, a right guard positioned next to center Justin Lawson. "We started using that every day, every time somebody gets a good hit."

Clark said talking among linemen elevated from that week forward.

"Somebody got hit hard and one of the linemen said, 'He got punished,'" Clark said. "That's how it started."

Buna beat its next three opponents by a combined 161-19 score, an average margin of 47.3 points.

The player who does the most talking is left guard Cody Holland. Players and coaches said he never stops on the field, sidelines or in practice.

"I worry sometimes that he'll get so hyped up before the game that he won't be able to end the game," eighth-year head coach Bradley Morgan said. "That hasn't happened yet."

Players said Holland tries to egg on the crowd during games and offers encouragement during practices.

"If we've got to go conditioning and run, he's clapping and yelling," Clark said. "He's crazy. He picks up everybody big time."

Running back Anthony Smith has followed the blockers for 548 yards and seven touchdowns. Blanton Craft has 350 yards and five touchdowns. Two other rushers, Brian Holmes and Justin Carrell, have topped 200 yards.

"We're always downfield with the backs," left tackle Travis Harding said. "We're never behind the play."

Morgan said last season's 7-4 record was the best in his 22 years at the school. He said this season's success stems from the offensive line.

"I've never seen an offensive line group have this much fun," he said. "They're always talking about how they're blocking people."

Guest FPHS 78

Who's on the line for them?

couple of beans, randall, guillory, worhtam..randall gets the hype (6 6, 280).. guillory is a player  (6 4,270)...heck..they are all pretty good..unfortunately...thats about it as far as depth..and they are going both ways quite a bit

couple of beans, randall, guillory, worhtam..randall gets the hype (6 6, 280).. guillory is a player  (6 4,270)...heck..they are all pretty good..unfortunately...thats about it as far as depth..and they are going both ways quite a bit

well the actual line for Kelly is Kheeston Randall(T),Matthew Messina(G),Taylor Carmona©, Foss Bean (G) and Doran Guillory (T)  and yes they are going to win state with that amazing line

Guest FPHS 78

well the actual line for Kelly is Kheeston Randall(T),Matthew Messina(G),Taylor Carmona©, Foss Bean (G) and Doran Guillory (T)  and yes they are going to win state with that amazing line

gotta figure out a way to stop billy noonan of pius........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    woloh
    Newest Member
    woloh