Huffman Hargrave 66 Hardin-Jefferson 44/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Huffman Hargrave 66 Hardin-Jefferson 44/FINAL
1 hour ago, DXTR said:

HJ missing any players?

No players were missing. Two players (Porter and White) that started at the beginning of the season played very few minutes tonight. Porter started all of last year so not sure why he didn't get much playing time tonight.

Huffman has a good squad that plays well together but don't believe they're 20 points better than HJ. We will see when they play again in Sour Lake.

IMO-

1st Q - quick fouls took HJ out of their rhythm especially their big man #22.  Huffman found the open man and held early lead  

2Q - back and forth between both teams. Best action of the game

3Q - Huffman does a good job of help defense- especially taking charges- probably had 8-10 in the game. HJ fans and coach did not agree with all the calls which I believe impacted their kids and allowed Huffman to have big quarter

4Q - Game was out of reach but HJ applied full court pressure and forced some turnovers- easy buckets Huffman slowed it down. 
Final Huffman by 22. 

Next time could be completely opposite game- both teams are good - just bad night for HJ. Harvey had 13 but three others scored in double figures.  He did not force anything and his teammates played well. 

Huffman jumped out early in the 1st by double digits. HJ started out cold and got in early foul trouble. They started to get back in it late in the first quarter.  The Hawks were doing a pretty good job defensively on Harvey but he is a good little ball player and started to hit some shots in the 2nd. Huffman once again pulled ahead by 10 about the midway point in the 2nd quarter. The game changed somewhere around the 4:00 minute mark of the 2nd quarter on what should have been a huge spark for HJ. They had cut the lead to I think 7 and should have had the momentum but got a technical foul after a MADE BASKET. Huffman hit the FT’s off the technical and I believe a quick 3 with the next possession. You can’t continue to give good basketball teams double digit leads. I can’t give any game analysis after that. I came home. I’ve watched ALOT of basketball in my lifetime and the HJ is probably a 5 point better team on a neutral floor , Harvey is probably the best player on either squad. If the Hawks are going to reach their full potential they are gonna have to clean up the discipline. They simply can’t keep giving up technical fouls in big games in big moments. You can’t win clutch ball games like that. Rant over !! Carry on !! 

12 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Huffman jumped out early in the 1st by double digits. HJ started out cold and got in early foul trouble. They started to get back in it late in the first quarter.  The Hawks were doing a pretty good job defensively on Harvey but he is a good little ball player and started to hit some shots in the 2nd. Huffman once again pulled ahead by 10 about the midway point in the 2nd quarter. The game changed somewhere around the 4:00 minute mark of the 2nd quarter on what should have been a huge spark for HJ. They had cut the lead to I think 7 and should have had the momentum but got a technical foul after a MADE BASKET. Huffman hit the FT’s off the technical and I believe a quick 3 with the next possession. You can’t continue to give good basketball teams double digit leads. I can’t give any game analysis after that. I came home. I’ve watched ALOT of basketball in my lifetime and the HJ is probably a 5 point better team on a neutral floor , Harvey is probably the best player on either squad. If the Hawks are going to reach their full potential they are gonna have to clean up the discipline. They simply can’t keep giving up technical fouls in big games in big moments. You can’t win clutch ball games like that. Rant over !! Carry on !! 

A Clay Davis team was not disciplined? What was the tech for?

8 minutes ago, Roy Orbison said:

A Clay Davis team was not disciplined? What was the tech for?

TF was for HJ #22 walking over the top of HH #40 that he knocked down and scored on. All the while talking the whole time he did it. It was a shame too, because 22 is a strong fundamental player, but he missed the rest of the first half because of it. Unbiased opinion, it was probably the right call at the time to keep the game under control.