Lumberton 62 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 46/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, whsalum said:

I have to admit I was surprised that LCM got beat by 16 on their home floor. They have the shooters to play with anyone and they appeared to me to have a pretty decent PG. Their weakness looked to be at the post. I’m guessing they were cold from behind the arc . Live by the 3 die by the 3.

BC shoots it at least as well as LCM and will have the best player in the gym (imo) when those two play.  Should be good games when those two play.  

18 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Dude, there are two players in Bush’s class from Texas that will likely be lottery pick.   I love Braelon and love his game but put down the pipe.  

I agree. I love me some Braelon Bush. But just because you score 3000+ points in your high school career doesn't make you a top 10 all time player in the state of Texas.

The all time leading score in Texas high school history is Troy House. Who? Yes, Troy House. There are 100's of better players than him that have come out of Texas.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

🙄

What isn’t true about that?   Hefner started his second game as an Aggie.  Because you were a naysayer for 4 years and something in your draw against him, doesn’t make you anymore right now than you were then.  I would venture to say Buzz Williams has forgotten more basketball than you know...

And let me state again that I love every single thing about Braelon bush. He has the heart of a lion and is an unbelievable competitor with a skill set through the roof.  Probably one of my top 10 favorite kids to watch play HS basketball.  And probably way up on that top 10 list.   And just a fantastic kid off the court from a great family. 

Just now, TxHoops said:

And let me state again that I love every single thing about Braelon bush. He has the heart of a lion and is an unbelievable competitor with a skill set through the roof.  Probably one of my top 10 favorite kids to watch play HS basketball.  And probably way up on that top 10 list.   And just a fantastic kid off the court from a great family. 

I agree.

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

BC shoots it at least as well as LCM and will have the best player in the gym (imo) when those two play.  Should be good games when those two play.  

The night I saw LCM earlier this year they had two kids who could fill it up from behind the arc. Their PG got ejected early which changed their game completely. If they don’t shoot it like that regularly they will be in trouble.

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

The night I saw LCM earlier this year they had two kids who could fill it up from behind the arc. Their PG got ejected early which changed their game completely. If they don’t shoot it like that regularly they will be in trouble.

Their PG I do like a whole lot.  I think he’s only a sophomore.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

What isn’t true about that?   Hefner started his second game as an Aggie.  Because you were a naysayer for 4 years and something in your draw against him, doesn’t make you anymore right now than you were then.  I would venture to say Buzz Williams has forgotten more basketball than you know...

If hurling insults my way makes you feel justified in you and ya boy’s asinine claim for 4 years, then so be it.  I’m unphased.  However, as I’ve said before, the kid is doing well at TAMU.  I’m following him and wishing him well...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If hurling insults my way makes you feel justified in you and ya boy’s asinine claim for 4 years, then so be it.  I’m unphased.  However, as I’ve said before, the kid is doing well at TAMU.  I’m following him and wishing him well...

I feel you I" have done proving my point.! They just need to watch the video I posted it tells you plain and clear best scorer #9 in Texas History in all classification.!

2 minutes ago, Who That said:

I feel you I" have done proving my point.! They just need to watch the video I posted it tells you plain and clear best scorer #9 in Texas History in all classification.!

That kid was a gamer. When it came down to to him balling out on the biggest stages, kid showed up. Playoff games, state tournaments, big rivalry games, ect...

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Yeah folks said the same thing last year and who was the first to say who the best was in all SETX. Bush...! I" did. And who was right I" believe you had the kid from Nederland like most did. But so many where so wrong.! 😁

How were people wrong? Not saying Nederland kid was better but him and Bush were 2a and 2b. Best overall player in SETX last year was Kasen Harrison from BU. 

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That kid was a gamer. When it came down to to him balling out on the biggest stages, kid showed up. Playoff games, state tournaments, big rivalry games, ect...

That regional game in Huntsville, Bush's freshman year.  Yates was living in a half million dollar high density condo rent free in Silsbee's head.  The score was going back & forth.  2nd half, Brae Bush was feeling it. He let go a 3pt shot just inside the half court line.  Whushh!  Nothing but net.  You could feel the confidence leaving  Yates like air leaving a balloon.  That is my favorite Bush play or moment.  

6 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

That regional game in Huntsville, Bush's freshman year.  Yates was living in a half million dollar high density condo rent free in Silsbee's head.  The score was going back & forth.  2nd half, Brae Bush was feeling it. He let go a 3pt show just inside the half court line.  Whushh!  Nothing but net.  You could feel the confidence leaving  Yates like air leaving a balloon.  That is my favorite Bush play or moment.  

That’s the first moment I thought about when I said playing in the big game.  It gets no bigger than that as a HS basketball player...

Flipping the script over to the side of the basketball realists, in regard to Brae Bush.  I fit this category my self, to an extent.  He's 5'6".  The form on his shot, makes for streaky shooting.  It got him to where he is, but will it take him further?  In the NBA you got to have a consistently good shot if you are very short.

But...here me out.  Don't @ me just yet.  When he took and hit that half court shot, and he did it more than once, so it wasn't no fluke,  he showed me something, talking about Brae Bush.  He showed me a winning mental toughness.  Psychology plays a big part in sports.  Some have that mental toughness, some don't.  Athletes like qb Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, MJ they have it.  Somebody like James Harden?  Meh.  Cause when you take a half court shot like that and you miss, and the momentum shifts In a big game like that...basketball realists, your coach, other coaches, the fans, etc.  will be in you stuff from here to the UIL in Austin.  But he has the moxey to make a shot like that and hit it, in a big game, under big pressure.  That tells me not to bet against him maybe making it to the NBA, despite all his shortcomings.  I'm not saying he will, but I would not be surprised if he did.   He has the mental toughness to do so.

1 hour ago, Wise_one said:

How were people wrong? Not saying Nederland kid was better but him and Bush were 2a and 2b. Best overall player in SETX last year was Kasen Harrison from BU. 

I’m not going to say Kasen was the best but he was right there.  What I will say is that after watching Lamar play Southern Miss Tuesday, he might already be the Cards’ best player.  He certainly was that night.  And along with a 6-8, big bodied knockdown shooter from Estonia for USM, Kasen was one of the two best players in the gym that night. 

I definitely agree that scoring alone doesnt make you one of the best.  And as far as a best ever in the state list, he k i wouldnt even touch it.  However, lets ask this question, if you kept everything else the same and added about 8 inches to Braelons height, would their even be much of a discussion to who was the best in the area?  Then where would he stand in that Class of 19 statewide.  What that young man did on the court stands out,  and it is even more of a standout   Eing one of the smaller guys on the court.  I habe said it before and i will say it again in a school yard pick he would be my first pick based on his heart and desire virtually everytime.