Lumberton 62 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 46/FINAL

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, Roy Orbison said:

HOA already took my bonus but if you want to do a friendly pride wager. Let me know. If there was any year Silsbee did not win district. It would be this year when the best player in the district doesnt play for the Tigers.

I bet $$$, not for fun.

I agree that this is the year to "get" Silsbee and the best player in district isn't a Tiger. But I still have Silsbee winning it.

If you are scared, then say it.

16 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I think Friday’s game between BC and OF could be between the other two playoff teams (with Silsbee and Lumberton). 

I have to admit I was surprised that LCM got beat by 16 on their home floor. They have the shooters to play with anyone and they appeared to me to have a pretty decent PG. Their weakness looked to be at the post. I’m guessing they were cold from behind the arc . Live by the 3 die by the 3.

2 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I have to admit I was surprised that LCM got beat by 16 on their home floor. They have the shooters to play with anyone and they appeared to me to have a pretty decent PG. Their weakness looked to be at the post. I’m guessing they were cold from behind the arc . Live by the 3 die by the 3.

LC-M had no answer for McClure and they got beat badly on the boards. Neither team shot it well from 3. Lumberton definitely had better effort on both ends of the floor.

11 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Winning in the 1st round of the playoffs is alright. It is much better than not winning the first round that's for sure. A certain 1st round loss comes to mind.  Still,  it gets old. To really make some noise, so to speak, a team needs to upset a known good opponent.   I really want to know: just how good is HH?  Are they good enough to get past Yates and go to state?

HH has a solid club. They do everything fundamentally sound especially helping on defense and pass the basketball. Very unselfish club. Harvey is a smart little player but is a little small and may have a problem creating his own shots against a bigger defender. They are an excellent screening team. I haven’t seen Yates this year but HH isn’t solid enough win this region if Yates is anywhere near what they were last year. My biggest surprise from HH was their overall size and I believe Harvey was their only senior.

11 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I saw Huffman vs. Yates in Kingwood last season, or was it the season before? Huffman had this player that could shoot from the perimeter lights out. I'm guessing that was Harvey. I think he was a sophomore then, so he should be a Sr. now.  His shooting kept HH in the game in the first half but Yates press and traps wore him down and he didn't shoot as well down the stretch.  Can Yates new players run and play defense like they have in the past?  With no show cases, and tournaments it is harder to tell.  I sat next to some Huffman students.  They were some nice young men.

Think that was Todd kid that was All State and went to SHSU

26 minutes ago, morj14 said:

Think that was Todd kid that was All State and went to SHSU

Perhaps you are referring to Pierce Hellums who played HS ball at Tomball Concordia.  He plays for SHSU and appears on

their roster this year and last year.   I don't see anyone named Todd on that roster, nor anyone from Huffman.

1 hour ago, Roy Orbison said:

HOA already took my bonus but if you want to do a friendly pride wager. Let me know. If there was any year Silsbee did not win district. It would be this year when the best player in the district doesnt play for the Tigers.

Lumberton has a great shooter but Silsbee has two freshmen that will have stats that will blow his away when it's all said and done.! Harris has put up great numbers so for this year and Miller just played his first full game against Orange field and if you where to ask from 409 to the 713 most would say Miller is the best in district.! Just give him and Harris a little time and you will see where these two go..! #TigerNation🏆🏆💨🏘🐅🏀

6 minutes ago, Who That said:

Lumberton has a great shooter but Silsbee has two freshmen that will have stats that will blow his away when it's all said and done.! Harris has put up great numbers so for this year and Miller just played his first full game against Orange field and if you where to ask from 409 to the 713 most would say Miller is the best in district.! Just give him and Harris a little time and you will see where these two go..! #TigerNation🏆🏆💨🏘🐅🏀

Disagree. McClure is the best player in this district this year.

Besides, Miller's future is in football.

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Disagree. McClure is the best player in this district this year.

Besides, Miller's future is in football.

Yeah folks said the same thing last year and who was the first to say who the best was in all SETX. Bush...! I" did. And who was right I" believe you had the kid from Nederland like most did. But so many where so wrong.! 😁

Shaq, Dennis Rodman, Spud Webb, Mookie Blaylock, that Pg that played for Utah, Clyde Drexler.

Bush didn't say he was the 9th best, somebody else did.  I am sure right now he is studying, or keeping time

with some attractive co-ed.  Last thing on his mind is what somebody has to say on this msg board.

It takes heredity & what a person is willing to commit their mind to.  The dna is out there, but  most of the Christian McCaffertys, Mac Macclungs, & present day Bud Heberts are applying themselves to studying finance, chemical engineering or history so they can get into a good law school.  Being that arenas & stadiums  are capped at 25% capacity  those are not bad choices.