Lumberton 62 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 46/FINAL

WOSgrad

I feel certain Silsbee will make the playoffs, as the outright winner, or runner up.  Maybe even third.   All that remains to be played out.   What's at stake is who plays the better teams in the other districts first in the playoffs.  I kinda know how playoff seeding works, but I don't have it down pat. .  

District games should be interesting for a change.  Fans in Lumberton, LCM and Bridge City are getting fired up.  Fans in Silsbee stay lit.

10 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I feel certain Silsbee will make the playoffs, as the outright winner, or runner up.  Maybe even third.   All that remains to be played out.   What's at stake is who plays the better teams in the other districts first in the playoffs.  I kinda know how playoff seeding works, but I don't have it down pat. .  

District games should be interesting for a change.  Fans in Lumberton, LCM and Bridge City are getting fired up.  Fans in Silsbee stay lit.

That’s the problem, the other district will be bringing HF, HH or HJ in the first round of the playoffs. Better get that first spot and try your luck with Livingston. That makes it all the more interesting this season, it’s a battle for 1st place and the rest go home early. Silsbee vs errbody imo, maybe Ltown has a chance if their stud plays balls out.

26 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s the problem, the other district will be bringing HF, HH or HJ in the first round of the playoffs. Better get that first spot and try your luck with Livingston. That makes it all the more interesting this season, it’s a battle for 1st place and the rest go home early. Silsbee vs errbody imo, maybe Ltown has a chance if their stud plays balls out.

I’m pretty sure that’s frowned upon...

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Winning in the 1st round of the playoffs is alright. It is much better than not winning the first round that's for sure. A certain 1st round loss comes to mind.  Still,  it gets old. To really make some noise, so to speak, a team needs to upset a known good opponent.   I really want to know: just how good is HH?  Are they good enough to get past Yates and go to state?

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Winning in the 1st round of the playoffs is alright. It is much better than not winning the first round that's for sure. A certain 1st round loss comes to mind.  Still,  it gets old. To really make some noise, so to speak, a team needs to upset a known good opponent.   I really want to know: just how good is HH?  Are they good enough to get past Yates and go to state?

Idk about that but they are undefeated to this point and I think they will win their district. Harvey seems like a pretty good player, the best individual baller in that district and would probably be the best in ours too. Is he a better talent than the Lumberton kid?

12 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Idk about that but they are undefeated to this point and I think they will win their district. Harvey seems like a pretty good player, the best individual baller in that district and would probably be the best in ours too. Is he a better talent than the Lumberton kid?

I saw Huffman vs. Yates in Kingwood last season, or was it the season before? Huffman had this player that could shoot from the perimeter lights out. I'm guessing that was Harvey. I think he was a sophomore then, so he should be a Sr. now.  His shooting kept HH in the game in the first half but Yates press and traps wore him down and he didn't shoot as well down the stretch.  Can Yates new players run and play defense like they have in the past?  With no show cases, and tournaments it is harder to tell.  I sat next to some Huffman students.  They were some nice young men.

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I saw Huffman vs. Yates in Kingwood last season, or was it the season before? Huffman had this player that could shoot from the perimeter lights out.  I think he was a sophmore then, so he should be a Sr. now.  His shooting kept HH in the game in the first half but Yates press and traps wore him down and he didn't shoot as well down the stretch.  Can Yates new players run and play defense like they have in the past?  With no show cases, and tournaments it is harder to tell.

Yea that’s got to be Harvey, Sr now crazy good shooter. I heard Yates is not what they were the past few seasons but idk I’m sure they are still more than a handful for anybody from around here.