1st State Championship Game Postponed

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

I was reading somewhere the State Championship is the only game that can be rescheduled in any sport but all the rest is a forfeit and a recieved win to the team not having to cancel due to covid...

That is correct.  Just before the playoffs began, the UIL issued a statement that the State Championship game, and only the state championship game could be rescheduled.  The other playoff games would be forfeits in favor of the team not having a covid issue.

41 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

That is correct.  Just before the playoffs began, the UIL issued a statement that the State Championship game, and only the state championship game could be rescheduled.  The other playoff games would be forfeits in favor of the team not having a covid issue.

4A on down has til mid Jan to finish and 5A and 6A have until mid Feb to conclude the championship games per the UIL

On 12/14/2020 at 11:28 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

No wonder I couldn't find the game thread on the Football Friday App last night. If it's played it'll probably be somewhere in West Texas, San Angelo maybe im guessing. 

If I remember correctly, before they started playing the 6 man championship in Arlington, Shotwell in Abilene was the destination for 6-man. Maybe they would play it at Shotwell for old times sake....

2 minutes ago, OldBuc77 said:

If I remember correctly, before they started playing the 6 man championship in Arlington, Shotwell in Abilene was the destination for 6-man. Maybe they would play it at Shotwell for old times sake....

Great point! 2010 I had fun watching the 6man championship games. 

On 12/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, OldBuc77 said:

What about the star in Frisco? It's indoor and could be great since its during winter and could hold a 6 man championship

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ECBucFan

I am seeing: 

Balmorhea vs. Richland Springs, 11 a.m., Wednesday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

Not sure, thats just what I ran across. I would think San Angelo ISD would be a better venue all things considered.  

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I was hoping UIL would allow them to be part of the big school games at AT&T. I feel sorry for the kids who won't get a chance to play on the big stage. Maybe it was their choice to play at a more central location.

I believe the UIL gave the schools the option of where to reschedule the game.

4 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

For sure somebody's making money.

Oh no doubt.  UIL makes money off of FSSW. FSSW makes money off of advertisers plus fees that they collected for subletting telecast right to preo-championship week playoff games.

Not to mention that the UIL charges a fee for radio broadcasters ($200 per broadcast entity).

Their coffers are quite full after champ weekend.