Crosby Vs Texas High!

CowbellCoog

11 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

One Tidbit, I don't take anything that happened early in the season with any validity. teams had extremely variant practice schedules, availability, locker room shut downs and whole host of other issues. If Crosby and Manvel player today I think Manvel demolishes us. However, I apply that same logic to yalls scrimmage with Longview. Everyone is grasping for straws to hold onto, it could be that Texas High's district isn't great, or it could be Crosby's district was underrated. None of that matters on Friday and hey we will find out because our districts are playing each other in 2x playoff games this weekend. 

I agree for the most part...all the other stuff is out of the window...Crosby has some really good talent on the field...wish I could see this one but you guys play when my Lobos do...going to be some great THSFB...

The more film I watch on Texas high the more I get the impression they’re a less good version of Huntsville. Defense isn’t as good but the offense may be slightly better because of Smith? I think Crosby will have a bunch of opportunities to hit some big plays on the outside, but they of course have to be made. The matchup I want to see is Smith trying to run down Branch. Players like Smith are what we were hoping to help neutralize when when we signed Branch out of our farm league(GCCISD). 

Man, going all the way through the current regional brackett Crosby gets #5 Texas High, #4 Huntsville and #3 FB Marshall if they cleaned out their side. I think FBM is down speaking comparatively to the last few years so it won’t surprise me at all of Montgomery beats them this week.

If Crosby would’ve taken care of their business you’re talking about the normal first round layup from HISD, a Pine Tree team who’s already had a 10–10 tie with Kennedale and been shut out 44-0 by Texas High, then you possibly get a Montgomery team you’ve already beaten this year before you would have to even deal with Huntsville in a regional final. Smh. 

On the bright side, if you can beat Texas High and Huntsville you’re probably winning the next two games also. Log way off though. Just disappointing Crosby has put themselves in this situation so often when given the opportunity not to be in it. With the split watering down the playoffs the team playing from the first place position is almost sure to go to at least the third round every year. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, going all the way through the current regional brackett Crosby gets #5 Texas High, #4 Huntsville and #3 FB Marshall if they cleaned out their side. I think FBM is down speaking comparatively to the last few years so it won’t surprise me at all of Montgomery beats them this week.

If Crosby would’ve taken care of their business you’re talking about the normal first round layup from HISD, a Pine Tree team who’s already had a 10–10 tie with Kennedale and been shut out 44-0 by Texas High, then you possibly get a Montgomery team you’ve already beaten this year before you would have to even deal with Huntsville in a regional final. Smh. 

On the bright side, if you can beat Texas High and Huntsville you’re probably winning the next two games also. Log way off though. Just disappointing Crosby has put themselves in this situation so often when given the opportunity not to be in it. With the split watering down the playoffs the team playing from the first place position is almost sure to go to at least the third round every year. 

Wait! I thought BH was playing Texas High next week! Before you make your path to state you may want to make sure the other teams are aware 😃

On 12/15/2020 at 9:47 AM, dme1111 said:

Stepp has TX High by 7.   This is what he does for a living and he see's it as a close game.  I just don't see either team running away with it.  I know TX high is a good football team.  I think they may be underestimating Crosby a bit.  

Who is the "they" you are talking about that may  be underestimating Crosby.  Are you speaking about the fans?  If so, then what they "think" does not matter at all.  I am a THS supporter and I can only attest to what I have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears from participants who are directly involved.  I have not seen an opinion or statement on this forum posted by a THS player or coach.  Now, if one of the two previously mentioned THS entities is underestimating Crosby, then yes, there is a problem.  Now until you get a statement or opinion showing a state of underestimation in regards to Crosby from a player or coach, then you have no basis to make any such statement.  I assure you that the Tigers are giving the Crosby all of the respect that deserve plus some more while remaining confident in their own abilities to win this contest.

12 hours ago, DogonSirius7 said:

Who is the "they" you are talking about that may  be underestimating Crosby.  Are you speaking about the fans?  If so, then what they "think" does not matter at all.  I am a THS supporter and I can only attest to what I have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears from participants who are directly involved.  I have not seen an opinion or statement on this forum posted by a THS player or coach.  Now, if one of the two previously mentioned THS entities is underestimating Crosby, then yes, there is a problem.  Now until you get a statement or opinion showing a state of underestimation in regards to Crosby from a player or coach, then you have no basis to make any such statement.  I assure you that the Tigers are giving the Crosby all of the respect that deserve plus some more while remaining confident in their own abilities to win this contest.

I guess "they" would be THS coaching and players.  When you are a highly hyped team sometimes you can look passed an opponent.  My basis is the fact that it has happened 1000000000 times throughout the history of high school, college, professional sports.  

I have watched video on THS and there is NO DOUBT that they are a very disciplined and talented team.  Should be an amazing game.  

Also, I don't really need a basis for sharing an opinion on a message board.  Its all in fun!!!  

17 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Wait! I thought BH was playing Texas High next week! Before you make your path to state you may want to make sure the other teams are aware 😃

Calm down BH you have to figure out how to score on a defense that's much better than Crosby or Nederland's. You know those two defenses that made your offense look like quicksand. 

32 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Calm down BH you have to figure out how to score on a defense that's much better than Crosby or Nederland's. You know those two defenses that made your offense look like quicksand. 

The same Ned that made y’all thier girl👍 Remember they had to do the impossible to win that game at the end in OT. Y’all just got beat the whole game😂 after we played y’all I thought your D was great now I know we just had a horrible game. Goodluck on your run to state.

Feedback from knowledgeable folks watching film of Crosby acknowledge the speed and athleticism of the Cougars and feel this is the best team the Tigers have faced. Maybe my 21 point prediction was too optimistic, but I will hold on to my predicted winner. From an athleticism standpoint, I think the Tigers match up even. It will come down to line play. Which team’s offensive line can give their quarterback protection and open holes for the run. Should be a fun game.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, Eazy said:

I don’t think the strength of district argument has much significance.  Yes, 11-5A is trash but if you look at the playoff teams in 9, 10, and 12-5A, I would say it’s pretty comparable.  

Right -- At the first round there was a clear disparity between 12-5a and 11-5a, but all of that advantage falls off in the later rounds. There are usually a couple teams who don't belong in the second round, but for the most part everyone is good now. 

22 hours ago, BHFAN said:

The same Ned that made y’all thier girl👍 Remember they had to do the impossible to win that game at the end in OT. Y’all just got beat the whole game😂 after we played y’all I thought your D was great now I know we just had a horrible game. Goodluck on your run to state.

Let's see how this round shakes out... since I've heard from BH and the triangle all that matters is rounds deep in the playoffs. 

57 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Only if we let ya😃

Hey boss, I would take advantage of there being a thread still up in rd2 with the mighty ant hills name on it and head back over to stirr the pot while you still can. 

All B.S. aside were all lucky to be playing at all TBH. So let's take it 1 game at a time, yall win this week and we will do out best to take care of business and who knows, maybe we will get yall that rematch!

Go Coogs/Dogs/Crows.. uh I mean Eagles!!!

On 12/16/2020 at 12:23 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

You forgot to mention that if FB and nederland advances after this week FB has to get pass a formidable opponent in Nederland. If Crosby and Nederland happen to play in round 4 I dont think you can say your probably winning that game. That would be one heck of a rematch. But first pet's focus on the game at hand before talking about all that

39 minutes ago, underdogs1040 said:

You forgot to mention that if FB and nederland advances after this week FB has to get pass a formidable opponent in Nederland. If Crosby and Nederland happen to play in round 4 I dont think you can say your probably winning that game. That would be one heck of a rematch. But first pet's focus on the game at hand before talking about all that

He's just talking about the potential state ranked opponent in a row. No offense but Nederland isn't state ranked. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

He's just talking about the potential state ranked opponent in a row. No offense but Nederland isn't state ranked. 

I was referring to the last paragraph of his comment more so than the first one but I get your point. Either way both team need to advance and have one 12-5a team represent region 3 in the semis