Crosby Vs Texas High!

CowbellCoog

Who yah got?

Whats your thoughts on this one?

I watched them play Friday and Montgomery lake creek gave them all they could handle untill well into the 3rd quarter then began makeing costly mistakes. In my opinion Texas High is much like fort bend Marshall, having a great record with little to no wins over quality teams besides Pine tree who just won over A&M consolidated.

My thoughts they are over hyped like FBM and this Friday will find out soon enough at Records mean nothing once playoffs are in full swing. 

I'm going with my Coogs 42-21

Come on Friday!!!

Texas High is new to the Region this year so we really don’t know much about them.  They seem to be the real deal and are considered to be one of the Top 3 in the Region.  

I think FB Marshall is definitely overrated.  This week should tell us more about how good Texas High is.  This should be a great game.  Crosby will be the underdog but I give them an excellent chance for the upset.  

Texas High O-line is massive but they look slow. LC had no problem getting to the QB early. I doubt they have seen speed like Crosby’s. I can’t imagine their WR’s will be wide open on go routes like they were against Lake Creek. I look for Crosby to jump up front early by making the game faster, forcing Texas high to make mistakes. However TH won’t go away easy and will rally late in the third. Still got Crosby winning 42-28 in a game that will be a lot closer than the scoreboard will read.

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

They have played a much better schedule than FBM, but just barely escaped a Nac team that got shutout the 1st round. I think they are hyped and not going to match up to good against Crosby. I think the Coogs will be labeled as the underdog for this game, but the Coogs take this one by 14

Don't read too much into the Nac game. Their own HC was doing some things to see how his team responded, not sure why he chose that game to do it in but obviously it worked. 

4 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Texas High O-line is massive but they look slow. LC had no problem getting to the QB early. I doubt they have seen speed like Crosby’s. I can’t imagine their WR’s will be wide open on go routes like they were against Lake Creek. I look for Crosby to jump up front early by making the game faster, forcing Texas high to make mistakes. However TH won’t go away easy and will rally late in the third. Still got Crosby winning 42-28 in a game that will be a lot closer than the scoreboard will read.

At the end of the regular season Texas High was one of the few teams in Region 3 I assumed would beat the Coogs. But after watching them against Whitehouse, Jacksonville and (most recently) Lake Creek, I don't think they will beat Crosby. Speed, speed, speed... that's factor #1 in Crosby's favor. Plus, even with that massive OL they seem unable to stop pressure from being applied to their QB which Crosby will have a feast if they allow our Defense to get in the backfield. TxHigh QB also seems to always throw to whatever Wr the play designed for. He doesn't use his progressions at all! The brightest spot I seen on their Offense is the RB #13. He's a positive yrd runner that runs up field. Besides him no other player stood out as a problem on their Offense . 

Crosby 49

Texas High 24

Well, these are the situations you end up in when you continuously lose district championship games the last contest of the year. Instead of playing Pine Tree like Nederland is, Crosby gets to play the team that beat them 44-0 in district play earlier this year. 

I think the one positive for Crosby is the way Huntsville was able to maul Marshall in bi-district after they went 7-0 in the same district last year. Marshall didn’t have a Clayton Smith either though. We’ll see how Crosby deals with what I feel is the most dominant player in 5A. Kid is like D.K. Metcalf on offense and Jadeveon Clowney on defense.  

Tiger fan here. Not here to flame the Crosby faithful. It is safe to say neither of us really know our opponent on Friday. I have posted on Smoaky.com that I am predicting a 21 point win by the Tigers. I see similar predictions by Crosby fans the other way.  Let me tell you my impression of the Tigers. I have followed Texas High since 1998. I watched there run to the 5A state championship in 2002, followed by a state semi-finalist in 2003, and a regional finalist in 2004. This is the best team since 2006. The strength of the Tigers are their Defensive and Offensive lines. The defensive line has arguably the best set of defensive ends in the state. Clayton Smith #10 is a 6-5, 220#,  4* commitment to Oklahoma. His is rated the #2 outside linebacker in the nation and the #7 player in Texas. He has a motor and is an efficient tackler. His bookend DE is Derrick Brown is a 6-4, 220# junior. Rivals has him as a 3* and #59 in the 2022 class. The inside tackles seem to get a good push and can disrupt the passing plays and keep blockers from getting to the linebackers. Secondary is solid. They are hard to evaluate as the DL puts so much on the QB their passes are often hurried. The key for Crosby is holding the off field push our DL.

The offensive line is solid. They had their worst game against Lake Creek. However as the game wore on, they took control of the line. They have provided good protection on passes and opened holes on run plays.  I think three are in excess of 300#, one 285#, and peewee is 265#. For the first two games, the Tigers rotated QBs. Then the coaching staff made McHenry #12, a junior, the stating QB and moved Cellers #5 to WR. McHenry has been completing approximately 65% of his passes and Cellers is his big play receiver. Cellers is an excellent athlete and has committed to Texas Tech in baseball. I think he has caught 15 TD passes. Other receivers run good routes and have good hands. On 3rd down watch for Clayton Smith to line up as WR with his 6-5 frame. Decision time ... do you double Cellers or Smith. Right now the running attack is led by our #3 running back - Witcher #13. Our #1 running back had a concussion approximately a month ago and has been seeing limited action. 

I’m not saying anything your coaches won’t see. Hopefully this will help you in watching the game. It is my understanding the game will be live-streamed at texarkanagameday.com if Crosby doesn’t have a livestream.

47 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:
I think the one positive for Crosby is the way Huntsville was able to mail Marshall in bi-district after they went 7-0 in the same district last year.

As a point of reference, Texas High dropped down from Div 1 in the last realignment. They were not in Marshall’s district last year. As a 4th seed, the Tigers upset #5 Lufkin in the first round.

21 minutes ago, Bordertown said:

Tiger fan here. Not here to flame the Crosby faithful. It is safe to say neither of us really know our opponent on Friday. I have posted on Smoaky.com that I am predicting a 21 point win by the Tigers. I see similar predictions by Crosby fans the other way.  Let me tell you my impression of the Tigers. I have followed Texas High since 1998. I watched there run to the 5A state championship in 2002, followed by a state semi-finalist in 2003, and a regional finalist in 2004. This is the best team since 2006. The strength of the Tigers are their Defensive and Offensive lines. The defensive line has arguably the best set of defensive ends in the state. Clayton Smith #10 is a 6-5, 220#,  4* commitment to Oklahoma. His is rated the #2 outside linebacker in the nation and the #7 player in Texas. He has a motor and is an efficient tackler. His bookend DE is Derrick Brown is a 6-4, 220# junior. Rivals has him as a 3* and #59 in the 2022 class. The inside tackles seem to get a good push and can disrupt the passing plays and keep blockers from getting to the linebackers. Secondary is solid. They are hard to evaluate as the DL puts so much on the QB their passes are often hurried. The key for Crosby is holding the off field push our DL.

The offensive line is solid. They had their worst game against Lake Creek. However as the game wore on, they took control of the line. They have provided good protection on passes and opened holes on run plays.  I think three are in excess of 300#, one 285#, and peewee is 265#. For the first two games, the Tigers rotated QBs. Then the coaching staff made McHenry #12, a junior, the stating QB and moved Cellers #5 to WR. McHenry has been completing approximately 65% of his passes and Cellers is his big play receiver. Cellers is an excellent athlete and has committed to Texas Tech in baseball. I think he has caught 15 TD passes. Other receivers run good routes and have good hands. On 3rd down watch for Clayton Smith to line up as WR with his 6-5 frame. Decision time ... do you double Cellers or Smith. Right now the running attack is led by our #3 running back - Witcher #13. Our #1 running back had a concussion approximately a month ago and has been seeing limited action. 

I’m not saying anything your coaches won’t see. Hopefully this will help you in watching the game. It is my understanding the game will be live-streamed at texarkanagameday.com if Crosby doesn’t have a livestream.

As a neutral 3rd party(Nederland fan), I don’t see either team winning by 21 points. Two good teams going at it and I suspect it will go down to the wire! I don’t think either team is winning by double digits. Should be a great game!

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, these are the situations you end up in when you continuously lose district championship games the last contest of the year. Instead of playing Pine Tree like Nederland is, Crosby gets to play the team that beat them 44-0 in district play earlier this year. 

I think the one positive for Crosby is the way Huntsville was able to maul Marshall in bi-district after they went 7-0 in the same district last year. Marshall didn’t have a Clayton Smith either though. We’ll see how Crosby deals with what I feel is the most dominant player in 5A. Kid is like D.K. Metcalf on offense and Jadeveon Clowney on defense.  

The Marshall of last season is definitely not the Marshall of this season.  Clayton Smith is not the only quality player that Texas High has on either side of the ball.  I will not go into what other players that they have and I will just let everyone find out Friday night.  From what I can see, and I am new to this site, is that none of you really have a handle on what THS is or is not.  That is why the game is played and I doubt, very seriously that the Tigers will be anyone's pushovers.  No one team is unbeatable.  Not Crosby or anyone else.

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

With me I wonder about Crosby's energy, they were motivated last game, but the game before that I didn't see any energy. 

If Crosby gets pushed their energy dies. Always been that way, that’s why you don’t ever want them up 2 scores on ya.

13 hours ago, Bordertown said:

As a point of reference, Texas High dropped down from Div 1 in the last realignment. They were not in Marshall’s district last year. As a 4th seed, the Tigers upset #5 Lufkin in the first round.

The point I was making is that Marshall went 7-0 last year against the same teams Texas High went 7-0 against this year the addition of Marshall and lost to 4th place Huntsville in the first round. Tells me the district isn’t as strong as maybe the record indicates. Looked that way three quarters in when you were only up 17-7 on 4th place Lake Creek. 

9 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Crosby wins, Crosby speed is going to be to much for Texas High, their inter o line looks very suspect. If Crosby linebackers can pressure the qb to hurry and force him to throw Crosby will have several INTs. 
good luck coogs!

Texas High will not be surprised by Crosby's speed...Texas High hung with Longview very well at the start of the year.  Longview has some of the top speed across the board of any program in Texas...

I think this is going to be one to the top 2 games in 5AD2 this week...it should be a slobber knocker...I don't get the blowout predictions.  This game will come down to the Texas high defense.  I say TH by 10

9 hours ago, DogonSirius7 said:

The Marshall of last season is definitely not the Marshall of this season.  Clayton Smith is not the only quality player that Texas High has on either side of the ball.  I will not go into what other players that they have and I will just let everyone find out Friday night.  From what I can see, and I am new to this site, is that none of you really have a handle on what THS is or is not.  That is why the game is played and I doubt, very seriously that the Tigers will be anyone's pushovers.  No one team is unbeatable.  Not Crosby or anyone else.

Nobody said Marshall was as good as last year. That’s why they went .500 and missed the playoffs. The point was they ran through that district last year and got hammered in the first round. TH struggled for three quarters with LC who gave up over 40ppg in their three district losses. I haven’t see anybody say Crosby is unbeatable either. Your earlier comment works both ways. Y’all don’t have a handle on what Crosby is or isn’t either.