Franklin 12-2 vs Canadian 13-1 3ad2 State Championship Thursday 3:00pm @ AT&T Stadium

lionpride08

Guest ECBucFan

Beating Canadian will be a formidible task. They seem to be on a mission right now. However, I could see them being emotionally overhung from beating their nemisis Gunter last week. I wish Frankiln well but I believe Canadian is too strong. Sorry but thats just an honest opinion.  Got to play the game though!  

31 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Beating Canadian will be a formidible task. They seem to be on a mission right now. However, I could see them being emotionally overhung from beating their nemisis Gunter last week. I wish Frankiln well but I believe Canadian is too strong. Sorry but thats just an honest opinion.  Got to play the game though!  

We are the heavy underdogs but that is the way we want it. I believe we can play with them and so does the coaches and kids. They believe they can win and wont lay down. Franklin is a young team but will come out swinging

Guest ECBucFan
2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

We are the heavy underdogs but that is the way we want it. I believe we can play with them and so does the coaches and kids. They believe they can win and wont lay down. Franklin is a young team but will come out swinging

I believe you. Franklin gets after it. Good luck.  

13 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

This isn't the first time they've beaten their nemesis, Gunter, on their way to the state title game.  In fact, it's a pretty common occurrence.   As much as I like the defeating of teams that always win it.. I'm not betting against Canadian.  Good luck, underdogs.  

Guest ECBucFan

Of course not. Canadian has won State. I do think they lost to Gunter in the Semis two of the last three years though, (or maybe it was two of three times over the past four years, or something like that). Canadian does regard Gunter as their bigest rival by far. I am not betting against Canadian, either. It should be a great game.    

35 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Of course not. Canadian has won State. I do think they lost to Gunter in the Semis two of the last three years though, (or maybe it was two of three times over the past four years, or something like that). Canadian does regard Gunter as their bigest rival by far. I am not betting against Canadian, either. It should be a great game.    

For sure.  I just mean that they probably know how to rebound after an emotionally draining game.  Canadian gets rings.. Coincidentally, have you ever been to Gunter?  Or.. that area?

Guest ECBucFan

Definitely. I was in McKinney two weeks ago to see Argyle - Paris. I know McKinney is more suburban than rural Gunter but its in the area, as is Celina. BTW EC beat Van Alstyne in the basketball State Semis a few years ago.  

33 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Definitely. I was in McKinney two weeks ago to see Argyle - Paris. I know McKinney is more suburban than rural Gunter but its in the area, as is Celina. BTW EC beat Van Alstyne in the basketball State Semis a few years ago.  

Definitely more rural but you're familiar with how affluent the area is.  It really is something.  Celina, Pilot Point, Gunter, etc.. just nice neighborhoods and new businesses.  Very, very, very few "slum" parts of town.  If any.

Of course, exceptions are and can be made in any situation but I really wish more people would familiarize themselves with the influences of money in high school sports. 

On 12/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, lionpride08 said:

Thoughts on this one?

Canadian will be wearing home all black with gold

Franklin will be wearing away alt All Grey with green

First ever meeting between the two schools

Franklin is heavy underdogs

Franklin is a great team! I just think Canadian us too much. Canadian by a couple scores.

Guest ECBucFan
On 12/13/2020 at 6:15 PM, ECBucFan said:

However, I could see them being emotionally overhung from beating their nemisis Gunter last week.

Canadian uncharistically made a ton of mistakes. They dropped lots of accurate passes, and the QB also made some bad overthrows. Canadian indeed had severe case "Gunter hangover", but resolved it in time to win State. 

Guest ECBucFan
20 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Congrats to Canadian. Only 5 seniors on the Franklin Lion team. We made it to state a year earlier then was thought. We will be back next year

No doubt. You guys are named Lions and y'all fight like it. Congrats on a great year.