Carthage vs Gilmer ***4A Div. II State Championship***

Crawford

State Championship  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Yep. It takes a lot more than just great players to get it done. We've had our share of those in Jasper, but one of these other components is always missing. 

I completely agree.  I think Jasper has been on the cusp a few times the last couple of years with like you said, at least one of those components missing.  

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Congrats to the 4a Boogieman, Carthage Bulldawgs on winning the title.  I'm sure everyone knew this was going to happen even before the season began.  

You can probably pencil them in for next year, too. There will be a few contenders and I hope we're one of them, but it's hard to imagine much drop-off from them. 

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Congrats to the 4a Boogieman, Carthage Bulldawgs on winning the title.  I'm sure everyone knew this was going to happen even before the season began.  

Center is in the same district, so when I saw Carthage had drop down to Div. II after winning state in Div. I, I'm like "well hell, just go ahead and hand them the district and state title." Crazy good.

6 minutes ago, NDNTime said:

100% agreed.  But I have no hesitation in saying Carthage could go 3-4 rounds deep in 5A-DII.  If in Region 3, once they ran into teams that could play tough D like Huntsville, then they may get bounced.

Agreed! I think they could definitely go a few rounds in 5A D2 

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Heard after the game the QB Kai Horten, and RB Mason Courtney, both signed with Tulane.   Best friends getting to play at the next level.   And ironically, Mason had 243 yds rushing & Horten had 243 yds passing.

Those are good gets for the Green Wave. Those guys will lead that team at some point.