BH Vs Huntsville- Area

BHFAN

On 12/12/2020 at 4:38 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is it safe to say Huntsville is better than last year and year before last?

Their offense isn’t as good as it was the last couple of years when Matt Southern wasn’t hurt. Southern was the coach’s son and played very Haynes King-ish in terms of just always making the right decisions. Their offense does look more athletic than last year but I just think that’s because how their new qb operates. 

That defense is filthy though. Those two interior linemen just destroy so many plays before they ever get going. I think their overall team is better than last year but if you have a qb that can buy a little time and some receivers that can get down the field they’ll give up some plays on the outside. Does BH have that though, considering their qb will have a lot less time to operate than he even did against Crosby?  

18 hours ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

Huntsville didn’t come off as a dominant team. They have weapons but far from unbeatable. There QB is not accurate at all. They have a good RB. And a big OL but that aside not real impressed on the offensive side. The film I have does not show the defense so I will not comment on them. At this point in the playoffs nobody is going to be a push over. So the Eagles will have to play a good game. But that goes for any team that plays!!

It’s hard to tell how good they are because there’s zero flash to anything they do. Take into consideration that C.E. King played Atascocita closer than they played Huntsville on the scoreboard. King scored almost twice as many points against North Shore’s defense as they did against the Hornets. King dropped 66 on Beaumont Westbrook in a blowout win, they scored 12 on Huntsville.

Now, to you point about them not seeming dominant they only scored 25 points in a 12 point win over Montgomery while Crosby dropped 55 on them. Montgomery also scored 52 points on Crosby compared to 13 on Huntsville. Your offense doesn’t have to have dominant numbers if people just can’t score against you. 

I think everyone is spot on. I’m not concerned with the BH D limiting the Hornet O. I am concerned about the BH O and I hope we learned a lesson from the Crosby game. To be fair though our Offense has found some new wrinkles since Crosby which has made the O more dynamic. At the beginning of the season the QB didn’t throw to much , but now he is slinging the rock well and a couple of his receivers are stepping up. This is a big game for the Eagles hope they find a way!

59 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It’s hard to tell how good they are because there’s zero flash to anything they do. Take into consideration that C.E. King played Atascocita closer than they played Huntsville on the scoreboard. King scored almost twice as many points against North Shore’s defense as they did against the Hornets. King dropped 66 on Beaumont Westbrook in a blowout win, they scored 12 on Huntsville.

Now, to you point about them not seeming dominant they only scored 25 points in a 12 point win over Montgomery while Crosby dropped 55 on them. Montgomery also scored 52 points on Crosby compared to 13 on Huntsville. Your offense doesn’t have to have dominant numbers if people just can’t score against you. 

I do see your point. But how they match up to us over the weeks leading into this game I believe we can keep it close. I have been wrong before just cant se a blow out. So it is High School FB, if you can keep it close anything can happen. That's how NED beat us. 

21 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I think everyone is spot on. I’m not concerned with the BH D limiting the Hornet O. I am concerned about the BH O and I hope we learned a lesson from the Crosby game. To be fair though our Offense has found some new wrinkles since Crosby which has made the O more dynamic. At the beginning of the season the QB didn’t throw to much , but now he is slinging the rock well and a couple of his receivers are stepping up. This is a big game for the Eagles hope they find a way!

How many times did he throw it to the wrong team in that one again? 

22 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Y know what yall go win this one, we will go beat Texas high and then we can test that theory. 

On 12/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, Eazy said:

Yea, no doubt.  Crosby had that big play ability down field last year.   Hope y’all graduated all them receivers.  Only team in the last 2 years to score 30+.

Branch and Dunn are both still here and if memory serves they were the ones that gave that D trouble. It was 40+ just to be clear. 

23 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Branch and Dunn are both still here and if memory serves they were the ones that gave that D trouble. It was 40+ just to be clear. 

Yeah I was at that game. Crosby chuncked up a lot of 50/50 balls in the second half that went Crosby’s way. I think the Huntsville Defense is better than last years version though with the offense being down a tad. The Eagles will have to find a way to get 28 points to win IMO. Bad news is that the Hornets  have only allowed 17 during a game this season. The BH defense will have to step up big in this game to give the O some short field tries. 

3 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah I was at that game. Crosby chuncked up a lot of 50/50 balls in the second half that went Crosby’s way. I think the Huntsville Defense is better than last years version though with the offense being down a tad. The Eagles will have to find a way to get 28 points to win IMO. Bad news is that the Hornets  have only allowed 17 during a game this season. The BH defense will have to step up big in this game to give the O some short field tries. 

Yea but those 50/50 balls were thrown after Branch had ran all over them and they were keeping spies in, and  i think 2/3 of them went to Dunn. 

40 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I know they scored 44.  Only team to score over 30 against the Huntsville D in two seasons.  Those Crosby receivers won every 50/50 ball and made some great catches.