Longview Pine Tree vs Nederland

navydawg31

Honestly if you go watch last nights game and they had a few on YouTube too. They are almost a mirror image of us Offensively and Defensively. I think Nederand pulls off the win 35-21 or maybe 42-28. If they come out hitting like they did the other night. It will definitely knock them off their game plan.

(Not here to argue penalties or not but if you review the tape on those hits. That’s just two collusion’s that happened in a violent sport of football not patty cake like they have made it)

Friday night I’ll be in New Caney because I’m interested in Montgomery vs. FB Marshall. Montgomery barely lost to Huntsville and they are picking Huntsville to win our region. Good thing we play the games but I believe that game will be a good one. 

23 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Saturday 2pm at SFA Homer Bryce stadium. 

The Pirates are coming off their first playoff win since 1976... beating a A&M consolidated 34-28 in OT. 

1 common opponent is Jacksonville Indians... Nederland won 42-20, Pine Tree won 49-42 

Let’s hear those predications. 

Jacksonville had like 4 or 5 turnovers against Ned. They had none against PT. 

Fun fact, my old man was a big part of that 76-77 team that went to the Quarter Finals for Longview pine tree, he just posted his letterman on facebook reliving the old glory days. Plans to attend the Crosby game Friday and wear blue and gold for his Alma mater while "secretary" rooting for the Dogs on Saturday! 

Funny thing he asked my wife if we could make a replica shirt of his old jacket because he believes it may have "shrunk" throughout the years lmao! 

Go Dogs!!!

14 minutes ago, Bigdog9 said:

Bunch of Nederland folks getting way ahead of themselves. This pine tree team may be the best team they’ve played all year

I am not looking past any opponent in the playoffs, speaking for myself only. I think most fans know better.

The is reportedly the best Pine Tree team ever. It is senior laden and the offense revolves around their QB - Freeman. He is a mobile QB. Do not be deceived by their thrashing by Texas High. Freeman had been nicked up in the prior game. Without his legs, he could not evade the Tiger pursuit. He was knocked out of the game just before halftime. I understand he is now healthy. Think it will be a competitive game. Since I don’t know anything about Nederland, I make no prediction of the winner.

On 12/12/2020 at 2:53 PM, BHFAN said:

Their district is pretty weak and I’m very surprised at their OT win over Consolidated. 

Not sure why you think District 9 is weak. If your check out MaxPreps on the UIL website, you will discover the strongest district in Region III is 10. District 9 follows close behind. District 12 is third with district 11 a distant 4th. If you line up the 8 teams in district 9 & 12 in order of finish, each team in District 9 is higher ranked than their counterpart in district 12. In fact Pine Tree was ranked higher than A&M Consolidated. You still have to play the games and Nederland may win, but don’t underestimate Pine Trees district schedule.

11 minutes ago, Bordertown said:

Not sure why you think District 9 is weak. If your check out MaxPreps on the UIL website, you will discover the strongest district in Region III is 10. District 9 follows close behind. District 12 is third with district 11 a distant 4th. If you line up the 8 teams in district 9 & 12 in order of finish, each team in District 9 is higher ranked than their counterpart in district 12. In fact Pine Tree was ranked higher than A&M Consolidated. You still have to play the games and Nederland may win, but don’t underestimate Pine Trees district schedule.

Rankings don’t mean squat lol... if anything puts a bigger target on your back.

If you really honestly wanna go there with MaxPreps, Dave Campbell and etc... they have never ever shown SETX schools respect and always puts them on the back burner. It’s always about DFW, Austin Area, and East Texas. Houston area schools don’t even get respect they deserve.