Manvel 63 Beaumont United 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

39 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Let’s see...  y’all finished 4-4?  Same record as BU.  🤷🏾‍♂️ And they both in the playoffs.  What does BU playing WB’s schedule have to do with anything?  We’re 5A.  

BU wouldn’t even score against the teams that beat West Brook. West Brook will be playing Christmas weekend at Reliant Stadium 

Just now, Bugatti said:

BU wouldn’t even score against the teams that beat West Brook. West Brook will be playing Christmas weekend at Reliant Stadium 

Again, it’s a moot point since BU is 5A. All I know is both teams finished .500 in their season and WB has a laundry list of problems just like BU.  And they both finished 4th place in district...

• WOSgrad changed the title to Manvel 63 Beaumont United 0/FINAL
6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

United was completely out classed. Manvel controlled the line on both sides of the ball.

These teams play 100 times and the result and score would probably be the same.

Yikes. But I bet the BU QB doesn't quit in either one of those games though. 

11 hours ago, TXHSFB said:

That’s not what a competitor does, I don’t know the whole situation, but as an athlete, you have to welcome that opportunity, to have the chance to play against the best in the state. GO COMPETE

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wouldn't play another sport at my school if im the AD. 

10 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Wait a minute. Are you saying the player told the coach no?

10 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Weed those guys out. Got too many athletes not to be a force. Got to have the attitude also.

He wasn't the only one.  Just the first one that I noticed.  At least 2 more.  1 was faking an injury.  The trainer would come over and stretch him out and whenever the trainer would walk away, he'd laugh about it.  Another special team player came out after half time and just left his shoulder pads in the locker room.  I did notice a few other seniors that called them out towards the end of the game for quitting.  Something in me tells me where those kids would be going to school if the schools had not merged but I'll leave that alone...

I do admire the coaches for rolling with the kids that still wanted to get out there and try to compete and letting the returning players finish the game out for you.  What the kids have to realize to be like the Manvel's and other teams that consistently have good programs, there is no time off.  Next season starts Monday...

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

He wasn't the only one.  Just the first one that I noticed.  At least 2 more.  1 was faking an injury.  The trainer would come over and stretch him out and whenever the trainer would walk away, he'd laugh about it.  Another special team player came out after half time and just left his shoulder pads in the locker room.  I did notice a few other seniors that called them out towards the end of the game for quitting.  Something in me tells me where those kids would be going to school if the schools had not merged but I'll leave that alone...

I do admire the coaches for rolling with the kids that still wanted to get out there and try to compete and letting the returning players finish the game out for you.  What the kids have to realize to be like the Manvel's and other teams that consistently have good programs, there is no time off.  Next season starts Monday...

If there are any returners that were among the players who refused to go in the game, they would not be part of my program going forward. TBH,  they wouldn’t  have continued to wear the Jersey on the sideline. Send them straight to the lockeroom, and if their parents were there, send them home. Those type of individuals are what keeps a program from taking another step forward. As a teammate, I don’t even have to say what should happen to them, y’all already know how y’all would handle it. I don’t even have a connection to this team, with the exception of being district mates, but this has been eating at me all night, Bc there are kids and coaches who bust their ass every day during off season, during the season, to get the opportunity to play in a playoff game, and they never reach that goal, and then these kids are scared of a challenge and don’t appreciate the gift, the opportunity that they have earned, and I’m sure they worked hard to get there too, but they will have to live with that the rest of their lives, every time they look in the mirror, or drive by a stadium, or run into old teammates 20 years from now. It will always be with them, and deservedly so. Congrats on a great, historical season United, that community should be proud of y’all! See y’all next year!

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I blame the quitting on the coaches , you have to have the right culture and that starts with the coaches weather you winning by 20 or loosing by 50 you still have to play with a certain attitude. I agree you quit on me,go somewhere else because you are here. Also,as far as what school they may have went to b4 merger we don't know but as of now they are merged so it doesn't matter one way or another,starts with the new coaches and the attitude they install within these kids.

1 hour ago, TXHSFB said:

If there are any returners that were among the players who refused to go in the game, they would not be part of my program going forward. TBH,  they wouldn’t  have continued to wear the Jersey on the sideline. Send them straight to the lockeroom, and if their parents were there, send them home. Those type of individuals are what keeps a program from taking another step forward. As a teammate, I don’t even have to say what should happen to them, y’all already know how y’all would handle it. I don’t even have a connection to this team, with the exception of being district mates, but this has been eating at me all night, Bc there are kids and coaches who bust their ass every day during off season, during the season, to get the opportunity to play in a playoff game, and they never reach that goal, and then these kids are scared of a challenge and don’t appreciate the gift, the opportunity that they have earned, and I’m sure they worked hard to get there too, but they will have to live with that the rest of their lives, every time they look in the mirror, or drive by a stadium, or run into old teammates 20 years from now. It will always be with them, and deservedly so. Congrats on a great, historical season United, that community should be proud of y’all! See y’all next year!

Spot on. BU kids wonder why Brook has more success on the field and it starts from a program culture standpoint.

WB has its issues for sure but I guarantee nobody would have quit or left their shoulder pads in the locker room at halftime.

8 minutes ago, wbfan said:

Spot on. BU kids wonder why Brook has more success on the field and it starts from a program culture standpoint.

WB has its issues for sure but I guarantee nobody would have quit or left their shoulder pads in the locker room at halftime.

No way of knowing that at all.  Different kids react differently to adversity like this tail whipping. I’m sure there were some upset kids on y’all sideline  last year when Strake Jesuit ran y’all off the field...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No way of knowing that at all.  Different kids react differently to adversity like this tail whipping. I’m sure there were some upset kids on y’all sideline  last year when Strake Jesuit ran y’all off the field...

I know there were some upset fans, they wanted the HC fired that night, i had to calm some of them down 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Gtj007 said:

Maybe the “opt out” culture, that’s been prevalent in college and pro sports this year, has now spread to HS sports. Many college football players have quit on their teams this year. The transfer portal plays a big part in it too.  

Man them kids aint opt out, Manvel was kicking that butt and they feelings were hurt. Totally different reason from college and pro, please don't compare the 2. 

4 hours ago, TXHSFB said:

It was only Seniors as far as I seen.  No returning players.  This is also the last class that either attended Central or Ozen.  Next years Senior class will be the first four year class of BU.  It will take some work but I think Coach Graham will get the culture headed in the right direction...