Nederland 37 Houston Sterling 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Certainly a Bulldog fan, but also realistic. If you are honest, the Bulldogs were sluggish in the 1st half and had way too many penalties vs a really bad team. They simply can’t afford to play like that in round 2 or they will not come out with a win

OK captain obvious , 1 offside , 1 questionable block in the back, another questionable helmet to helmet , 2 false start , am I missing any  , I think those are the first two personal fouls all year , they'll clean it up 

8 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

The offense looked very vanilla last night. Didn’t look like they showed much and didn’t need too.. dogs will be fine. They clicking at the right time 

It was rather methodical looking but according to the PA News, Nederland had 419 yards and held Sterling to 101 total. 

Overall I felt we came out pretty flat in first quarter.  I agree we had several unnecessary penalties. If #8 doesn't watch it we could of ended up with more.  I was so relieved to see them get on track starting in the second quarter!  If we end up with A&M Consolidated then we will be in for a fight because judging from past years lining up with that team in playoffs didn't bode well for us.  Wishing our guys have a great week of practice to ready themselves for the next opponent and will be ready to cheer them on next week.

Congratulations on the win over Sterling.  GO BULLDOGS!!! 😍

I prefer to call spider our resident "pessimist"...he expects every play of every game to go Nederland's way...football just doesn't work that way!  it's a game of ups and downs and teams that overcome the downs the best prevail.

In any event, when you look at the game in totality, the Dogs were pretty dang solid...holding a team to barely over 100 yards is impressive, regardless of the opponent...even more difficult in a blowout when trash time yards are often wracked up...perfect performance? no, but those are extremely rare in this game...next week should naturally be tougher, but most objective folks would have to consider this team to have been more successful than anyone thought

I always want the Bulldogs to play well. I simply state my opinion on what I think they must correct in order to continue winning.  Yes, they have had a fantastic season and I want to see it continue.  It was a good win against Sterling.  However in my opinion, I believe they were the worst team they have played all season.  The weak teams are all gone now, so the Dogs must continue to improve if they are to continue to win.

I always want the Bulldogs to play well. I simply state my opinion on what I think they must correct in order to continue winning.  Yes, they have had a fantastic season and I want to see it continue.  It was a good win against Sterling.  However in my opinion, I believe they were the worst team they have played all season.  The weak teams are all gone now, so the Dogs must continue to improve if they are to continue to win.

Can’t find fault with that comment. 

Sorry but I would put Sterling ahead of Jacksonville Santa Fe and maybe Dayton