Fort Bend Marshall 21 Port Neches-Groves 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

Holy Moly, hats off to the PNG Indians.  What a game.  What an effort.  Stand tall guys, you left it all on the field.

I was out celebrating my G’daughters grad from Lamar tomorrow.   Almost fell out of my recliner when we got home & watched recorded Ch 6 News.   Still some Indian Spirit left.

PNG had a chance, played great. Two big plays, one being first possession, line up for FG, which Faircloth should’ve known wasn’t going to help in this game. Bost running on this team and try a trick play with the kicker? Come on man. Second play was PNG running down Marshall’s throat, and instead of burning clock like they did all night, someone decides to throw deep pass against DB’s that are more athletic then your WR’s. WR gets bullied out of bounds and DB gets int. That’s the two plays that were the difference. If PNG continues to run and short passes, you might score with very little time and go for two. My .02

congrats to PNG on great game and of course Bost doing what Bost does being a gamer.

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

PNG had a chance, played great. Two big plays, one being first possession, line up for FG, which Faircloth should’ve known wasn’t going to help in this game. Bost running on this team and try a trick play with the kicker? Come on man. Second play was PNG running down Marshall’s throat, and instead of burning clock like they did all night, someone decides to throw deep pass against DB’s that are more athletic then your WR’s. WR gets bullied out of bounds and DB gets int. That’s the two plays that were the difference. If PNG continues to run and short passes, you might score with very little time and go for two. My .02

congrats to PNG on great game and of course Bost doing what Bost does being a gamer.

Exactly, I agree totally.

10 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I went back and watched the 4th quarter play where PNG threw the interception.  Bost went for the homerun, but if you watch closely, Vaughn was wide open in the flat. Just take what the defense gives you, burn up all the clock, and punch it in with under a minute left.  And heck, I'm going for 2 against the 3rd ranked team in the state.  On the road with nothing to lose.

5 hours ago, NDNTime said:

I went back and watched the 4th quarter play where PNG threw the interception.  Bost went for the homerun, but if you watch closely, Vaughn was wide open in the flat. Just take what the defense gives you, burn up all the clock, and punch it in with under a minute left.  And heck, I'm going for 2 against the 3rd ranked team in the state.  On the road with nothing to lose.

I’m not knocking Bost. I think it was the wrong play call though by someone on the sidelines. Short passes and run and you might pull off a huge upset at the end. Easy for us adults to second guess, but just seemed the most logical thing to do given the flow of the game was run and short 5 yard passes. Worked all night.