LCMAlumtiger32

Lamar possible conference change

Recommended Posts

1
12 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I wouldn’t move up unless it’s for sun belt... but I do think if they do go to wac I would hope Mcneese gets a invite too.

From what I've read on Smoaky, the WAC will go FCS for football......ive seen where the following are mentioned as football members.....

SFA

Sam Houston

Lamar

Abilene Christian

Southern Utah

Northern Colorado

Montana

West Texas A & M

Tarleton

Angelo State

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

From what I've read on Smoaky, the WAC will go FCS for football......ive seen where the following are mentioned as football members.....

SFA

Sam Houston

Lamar

Abilene Christian

Southern Utah

Northern Colorado

Montana

West Texas A & M

Tarleton

Angelo State

Montana? That’s a hike. Drop them and UTEP needs to come down.. lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is dumb. The only reason to leave the Southland is if they are going to play up in FBC. To move to another FCS conference, let alone one that's so far flung out, is going to waste money on a  department that already depends on student fees to keep it afloat. 

This stinks of the last time Lamar left the Southland, last time it was to become a big time basketball school. 

I'm glad that Lamar is thinking about it's future. I wish it would do more academically like open a law school or a medical school like Sam Houston state is doing. 

But let's not go to the WAC. Call up Conference USA. Better still, call up the Sunbelt and remind them you are a founding member. The travel is a lot better, these conferences already have television packages and names people are vaguely familiar with.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

This is dumb. The only reason to leave the Southland is if they are going to play up in FBC. To move to another FCS conference, let alone one that's so far flung out, is going to waste money on a  department that already depends on student fees to keep it afloat. 

This stinks of the last time Lamar left the Southland, last time it was to become a big time basketball school. 

I'm glad that Lamar is thinking about it's future. I wish it would do more academically like open a law school or a medical school like Sam Houston state is doing. 

But let's not go to the WAC. Call up Conference USA. Better still, call up the Sunbelt and remind them you are a founding member. The travel is a lot better, these conferences already have television packages and names people are vaguely familiar with.

 

Lamar and Sun Belt were in talks a few years ago... If anything sun belt or C-USA or stay... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the wac is not the answer. Ask any of the kids playing and the highlight of their careers is playing the big dogs. Who cares about playing Rio Grand valley, Chicago st or any of the rest that no one has heard of. Go FBS or stay where you are. SFA will jump to the first thing that comes along. They think they can be big hog at the trough with these glorified D2 schools.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the rationale???

WAC stated they hope to be a 2 bid NCAA Basketball conference...What two teams? They don't have one team now that screams bid and of the teams they are adding the strongest SH, ACU and SFA are fighting for one bid in the SLC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badndn said:

I don't get the rationale???

WAC stated they hope to be a 2 bid NCAA Basketball conference...What two teams? They don't have one team now that screams bid and of the teams they are adding the strongest SH, ACU and SFA are fighting for one bid in the SLC.

I agree. They are still going to be an FCS football conference so what is really the difference except the travel?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see anything changing.

 I think they split into two divisions East and West for some sports. Baseball and basketball will be better then the Southland. I still don’t understand the move though.

East- LU, SH, SFA, ACU, UTRGV, Tarleton

West- NM St, Dixie St, Utah Valley, Southern Utah, GCU, Cal Baptist, Seattle

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarleton is going to be a force in most sports. Even with moving up from D2 this year. Know they are looking for one more football playing member. Maybe get Angelo State, Midwestern, Commerce, or even West Texas to move up. Think the conference will have a lot of balance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,565
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    FAWF2021
    Newest Member
    FAWF2021
    Joined


×
  • Create New...