Silsbee 63 Beaumont United 109/FINAL

WOSgrad

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You get these kind of years.  Keep playing and getting better like last year’s team did and then see what happens.  

I hope this inexperienced Tiger team puts up a better showing vs BU when they play at home...

I anticipate that they WILL get a lot better.  They will play their best basketball at the end of the year.  And they will win their district based on competition.   In the old district, it would have been a three way dogfight.  

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I anticipate that they WILL get a lot better.  They will play their best basketball at the end of the year.  And they will win their district based on competition.   In the old district, it would have been a three way dogfight.  

You don’t think Lumberton or Orangefield would have a say?  Both seems like good basketball teams...

Someone just called and told me United shot over 70% on the game...I know Silsbee is young but it's hard to compete less known beat any team that shoots over 70%....I may have to take the drive to watch them play C.E.King friday...want to see them when there playing some competition and seeing they beat PA by 20+ I think it's worth the drive....

21 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Someone just called and told me United shot over 70% on the game...I know Silsbee is young but it's hard to compete less known beat any team that shoots over 70%....I may have to take the drive to watch them play C.E.King friday...want to see them when there playing some competition and seeing they beat PA by 20+ I think it's worth the drive....

I heard they didnt miss...

15 hours ago, AxeEm said:

No they won’t.  

I" bet at the end of district and the next 3-4 years who ever your team is won't want any of Silsbee..! They young and are very good. Are freshman's didn't win the 8th grade championship for no reason..! Once this them gets gelling it will all fall right in to place. 🏆🏆#TigerNation 💨🏘🐅🏀

9 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I remember when Central blew the doors off Silsbee back in 2014/15 season. The next year a freshman lead team with McCain and Adam's beat Central and West Brook 3 years in a row. I dont think Miller is back and they have a player a very tough schedule and no tournaments. Get your licks in now, it won't be that way soon. 

I was thinking about that game when I made my last post. I also was trying to allude to there is no more Central, or Ozen.  All the players and resources are concentrated in one program now.  McCain, Adams, Bush, et al, not walking out of the dressing room for Silsbee anymore. They said the same thing when the greats of the past left too.  It is time for the new guys to write some more chapters in the history books.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I remember when Central blew the doors off Silsbee back in 2014/15 season. The next year a freshman lead team with McCain and Adam's beat Central and West Brook 3 years in a row. I dont think Miller is back and they have a player a very tough schedule and no tournaments. Get your licks in now, it won't be that way soon. 

Based on what’s in the pipeline at BU, and if Silsbee continues to play BU, Silsbee won’t be beating BU in at least the next 4 or 5 years.  Sorry...  🤷🏾‍♂️

When Yates dropped down a conference they were serving up the same dish. I was over here in Houston listening to Yates fanatics talking that noise: "JY is gonna when every game, they will win state every year."  Tbh they have won more than they have lost.  They have won the lion's share (no pun intended) of rings, but they haven't won all of them.  BU's legacy won't be built on dominating the smaller schools in the golden triangle.  It will be built on how they handle conference competition, year in and year out.  Back when PA Lincoln was around their reputation was not built on how they dominated the greater Beaumont area.  It was built on marching thru the playoffs and bringing home state trophies.  Year in and year out, that is not easy to do.

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

When Yates dropped down a conference they were serving up the same dish. I was over here in Houston listening to Yates fanatics talking that noise: "JY is gonna when every game, they will win state every year."  Tbh they have won more than they have lost.  They have won the lion's share (no pun intended) of rings, but they haven't won all of them.  BU's legacy won't be built on dominating the smaller schools in the golden triangle.  It will be built on how they handle conference competition, year in and year out.  Back when PA Lincoln was around their reputation was not built on how they dominated the greater Beaumont area.  It was built on marching thru the playoffs and bringing home state trophies.  Year in and year out, that is not easy to do.

With both Ozen or Central reaching the state tourney in recent history United should be a power house for years to come unless something crazy happens, with Rings and championships being involved 

By next year we should have a good idea of where Silsbee stands. I still think we'll be okay come district and playoff time this year. We go into district without winning a single game, I might start to worry a little.

We've got some other kids in the pipeline that already look to be excellent ballers. A lot of them won't make it to high school in time to play with our current kids though.

BU should make it to state this year. What's the main thing standing in their way of a title? FB Hightower and Lancaster? Either them or some other Metroplex school, I'd guess.

9 hours ago, Who That said:

I" bet at the end of district and the next 3-4 years who ever your team is won't want any of Silsbee..! They young and are very good. Are freshman's didn't win the 8th grade championship for no reason..! Once this them gets gelling it will all fall right in to place. 🏆🏆#TigerNation 💨🏘🐅🏀

He doesn’t want any.  I offered to give him every team in the district and I get Silsbee.  Name his price and we can post the cash.  He was going to PM me.  Still waiting....

I know this isn’t gonna be a popular response on this thread but I ain’t sure if the Tigers are going to be as successful in their district this year as most on here think. I haven’t seen Bridge City yet this year but I’m familiar with what they had coming back. The 4 teams in question Silsbee, Lumberton,Bridge City and LCM will beat each other up on a regular basis. The difference will be stealing some on the road and it takes young teams awhile to learn to do that. I haven’t seen much mention of LCM , they can be the most dangerous of this entire district. They have a solid PG, two very good shooters and if they get some post presence they could be the favorite. Lufkin will be a good measuring stick for the Tigers. They are pretty solid. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.