PNG v. Fort Bend Marshall

Rez Ipsa

6 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

No defense no contest PNG gets steamrolled.  42 to 21. PNG people seem to be satisfied  with a sub parr program. 

Whoa pump the brakes biggin.   42-21 is not a steamroll especially when talking about Fort Bend Marshall who has outscored opponent somelike 550-20 this season.  ( you must respect the Indians more than you let on)   Going into 2020, Faircloth is 89-40 with nearly a .700 winning percentage at PN-G. making the Playoffs 10 out of his 11 seasons. Sub Par?  Come on man.  You act like PN-G is littered with D-1 athletes year after year.  Definitely not the case in Purple town.     

To be Fair I do think they will be steamrolled.  But more like 72-14   

5 hours ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

Whoa pump the brakes biggin.   42-21 is not a steamroll especially when talking about Fort Bend Marshall who has outscored opponent somelike 550-20 this season.  ( you must respect the Indians more than you let on)   Going into 2020, Faircloth is 89-40 with nearly a .700 winning percentage at PN-G. making the Playoffs 10 out of his 11 seasons. Sub Par?  Come on man.  You act like PN-G is littered with D-1 athletes year after year.  Definitely not the case in Purple town.     

To be Fair I do think they will be steamrolled.  But more like 72-14   

Crazy how little respect faircloth gets. Nederland is 87-41 in the same time span and the first 5 years of the last decade Nederland was one of the best teams In the area. It ain’t football season in PNG if for sale signs don’t go up mid October though

9 minutes ago, Bigdog9 said:

Crazy how little respect faircloth gets. Nederland is 87-41 in the same time span and the first 5 years of the last decade Nederland was one of the best teams In the area. It ain’t football season in PNG if for sale signs don’t go up mid October though

Now I will say Nederland has done the same with much less talent. 

8 hours ago, Pho Rizzle said:

I predict cherokee gets played 3  times. To start the game, to start the second half and once in the end.

I'll take that bet.  Blind squirrels do find nuts.  The Indians will fall ass backwards into at least two or three first downs.  They may get one or two first downs due to penalties.  The Purple Pride band will fire-up Cherokee for that.  The defense does not make many stops, but FBM will fumble, throw an INT, or the ball will bounce our way at least once during the game.  That's another Cherokee moment.  The band kids may need to stretch in the 3rd and 4th Q.  Well, if you have to stand and stretch, that's a Cherokee moment.  Someone in the student section or a giddy band parent will yell out that PN-G beat Nederland this season.  Well, that's another Cherokee moment.  The band director will sit through the game thinking about his pay check and then, poof, he will suddenly remember that he gets paid to play Cherokee.  So, there's another opportunity to fire up the song.  Pho Rizzle, you should change your prediction.  The score may be 70-24 in favor of the Buffs, but PN-G will fire-up Cherokee at least 20-25 times.  It's in the DNA.  Honor, Pride and Tradition...long live Cherokee.

Go Indians.  Peace.

1 hour ago, Bigdog9 said:

Now I will say Nederland has done the same with much less talent. 

I don't know if I buy into what seems to be the general consensus that Nederland has had less talent than PNG over the last decade or so. Nederland has been good, and, at times, very good (the only 5a team in the area apart from Crosby to see the 4th round of the playoffs in the last 15 years or so, and maybe longer - Though I admit ignorance as to whether Texas City has been that far in that time). PNG really only has had Roschon Johnson as far as true next-level players, with Jeremiah Rose, Brennan Doty, Adam Morse, Jayce Nelson, Keynel Mczeal, and another receiver whose name I forgot being far inferior standouts. The rest of the disparity, if any, between PNG and Nederland players either comes down to coaching (which I think most would argue is at-best even or at-worst favors Nederland) and marginal and hard-to-prove differences in talent (which, based on the records, still favored Nederland). Nederland has had a dominant offensive line for most of the last ten years, a consistently competent offense, one of the best secondaries in the area, and consistently strong runningback play. And, Nederland can usually find a kicker who can hit a field goal from more than 20 yards, which seems to have been a problem for PNG over the last decade. Not to mention Nederland had Sage Seay and a bunch of others that I couldn't name since I don't follow Nederland as closely -- the point being the cupboard hasn't been bare for Nederland, especially if PNG is the comparison. Both teams have enjoyed a very consistent decade, with a mostly low ceiling, but moments of high performance and win-loss records that most coaches and teams would certainly envy. I think just the fact that there are so few blowouts in the rivalry, especially as of late, shows a pretty even talent distribution. 

So forth place in district is acceptable to you . If this is your standard then I respect your opinion. It just is not my standard. If this is the standard for the players and coaches then this is probably all they will ever be.

I am a PN-G grad and it wasn’t the standard when I attended.

Nederland get back to your own thread. We are not that  good, but we beat y’all!! Cry till next year. Larry is gone!!! Back to the game in hand. PNG has 3 ways of winning. 1. Is COVID. 2. Is IPad scandal for a forfeit from other team. Or 3. The world gets shut down. My prediction is 74-6 FB. This will not be much of a contest. Track meet one way, disaster the other. As I have posted all year. We played for the 4th spot and got it. One and done. Don’t be mad at me for the truth. I do not have our defensive stats, but I can only imagine what we give up per game... Sorry Rah Rahs....

13 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

So forth place in district is acceptable to you . If this is your standard then I respect your opinion. It just is not my standard. If this is the standard for the players and coaches then this is probably all they will ever be.

I am a PN-G grad and it wasn’t the standard when I attended.

+1.

I have a hard time imagining that PNG could win 1 in a 1000 times against this team.  This will be a bloodbath.  The only thing that will keep FBM from scoring 70+ points is the restraint of their coaches.  

In PNGs defense, I think FBM would hang 60-70 on every team in our district.  

Good luck PNG!!  I hope you guys pull off the miracle!!