What If?

I was sitting here thinking the what If hadn't happened. How many kids were in a certain district at one point and time that would have helped there respected teams this year? Someone brought it to my attention that BU would be stacked if Caesar hadn't went to EC after middle school, JP hadnt went to Hardin Jefferson and Dorsey and Denson hadnt went to Fannet The question I had was what happened to Uniteds depth?

58 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

I was sitting here thinking the what If hadn't happened. How many kids were in a certain district at one point and time that would have helped there respected teams this year? Someone brought it to my attention that BU would be stacked if Caesar hadn't went to EC after middle school, JP hadnt went to Hardin Jefferson and Dorsey and Denson hadnt went to Fannet The question I had was what happened to Uniteds depth?

I think the Ceasers were originally at HJ

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

I think the Ceasers were originally at HJ

Naw....Went to Smith Middle School in Beaumont and Martin Elementary....remember like yesterday in a football game where he scored 4 TDs in 4 touches and heard the Coach say if you dont score on every touch I'm pulling you out and he scored 2 more and was about 10 yards from #7.....I remember him playing basketball for Brady Byars and teammates with Hefner from Nederland and Henry from BU in the summer

48 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Naw....Went to Smith Middle School in Beaumont and Martin Elementary....remember like yesterday in a football game where he scored 4 TDs in 4 touches and heard the Coach say if you dont score on every touch I'm pulling you out and he scored 2 more and was about 10 yards from #7.....I remember him playing basketball for Brady Byars and teammates with Hefner from Nederland and Henry from BU in the summer

I heard the qb at north shore Davis was a bmt native and went to smith middle school and played with ceaser!! Is that true ? 

3 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

That was all grade school and junior high stuff. His older brother attended HJ but I’m pretty sure they moved before Earnest went in to high school. From everything I’ve heard both he and his brother are really good kids. 

7 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

What point are you trying to make? 

7 hours ago, Setx fan said:

What point are you trying to make? 

I was just paying close attention to the talent that resides in this area as well as Texas and alot of these kids move off for school as well as parents move for whatever reason and when it's time for college Texas schools pass on most and they end up going way off to school somewhere. Is it the talent not that good to catch the eyes of a major university close to SETX or only good enough to talk about at the 20 year reunions.

36 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

No point...just looking at the moving around of kids and if some had stayed or resided in the neighborhoods where they were raised alot of school teams would be different. 

Definitely would be different. How different? IDK. I just hope it doesn’t get out of hand

31 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

I was just paying close attention to the talent that resides in this area as well as Texas and alot of these kids move off for school as well as parents move for whatever reason and when it's time for college Texas schools pass on most and they end up going way off to school somewhere. Is it the talent not that good to catch the eyes of a major university close to SETX or only good enough to talk about at the 20 year reunions.

I think it’s just hard to get noticed in bball. There are less spots available far  as D1 schools. Bball has 15 man rosters while football has 60 man rosters. There have been a few that have gotten to play in the Big 12 and many others have played in the Southland conference though. Not to mention all the guys who get a chance to play juco. Its takes more than talent to get those opportunities most times. It takes talent, hard work, relationships with the right people, connections to the right people, and a little bit of luck.