Carthage 52 China Spring 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

I was told none of the Carthage lineman ,not only don't play both sides of the ball, but they don't practice both sides of the ball, thats un heard of at the 4a level. 4a and down, and even some 5a kids may not start both ways , but they are backups on the other side of the ball, therefore they spend half their practice time practicing that. This means Carthage lineman are getting twice as much practice time as other teams. They have the numbers to do it, we can argue as to why that is, but it is. Everything they do on Offense is based off their O Line scheme, from running zone plays, to being able to protect QB long enough to connect with secondary crossing routes. This is why 6a football looks like its so much better coached. My opinion, but Carthage has a great 4a defense, but they are playing Offense at a 6a level.  

Yessir.the game of football is won in the trenches.and with there depth on both sides of the ball and teaching those kids who to block.has them ahead of everyone.i don't think teams in our area that has gud talent on the perimeter understand that. And just playing gud sound defense and not beating themselves.at every level every great team that separated themselves has that.aledo,North shores,Duncanville,manvel,Carthage,gilmer,Gilmer, even Newton a few yrs back. The one common thing w.o had when they won it all in86/87,15/16. Dominate up front.

2 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

I was told none of the Carthage lineman ,not only don't play both sides of the ball, but they don't practice both sides of the ball, thats un heard of at the 4a level. 4a and down, and even some 5a kids may not start both ways , but they are backups on the other side of the ball, therefore they spend half their practice time practicing that. This means Carthage lineman are getting twice as much practice time as other teams. They have the numbers to do it, we can argue as to why that is, but it is. Everything they do on Offense is based off their O Line scheme, from running zone plays, to being able to protect QB long enough to connect with secondary crossing routes. This is why 6a football looks like its so much better coached. My opinion, but Carthage has a great 4a defense, but they are playing Offense at a 6a level.  

I've been around the state for many years now and I think what you mean, is at the 3A level and down it's rare to see this.  I can name 40 + programs in the state of texas right now that do not utilize kids on both sides of the ball at the 4a level and have not for the last 10 + years.    It's when you get down to 600 enrollment and less that you start seeing this as common and especially more-so in southeast Texas than anywhere else in the state.  Why you ask?  Because the committment / expectation level is different here than anywhere else in the state.  We have to utilize the athletes we have in the program at the smaller levels on both sides of the ball, due to not everyone being bought into the program.  

10 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Isn't he being recruited by 10 or more colleges at this time?  I never heard of an average QB getting the opportunity to play collegiate football. But, I guess it is 2020 so who knows. Ha!

Don't get me wrong the kid is a great game manager.and he want make many mistakes.but that oline is what makes that go.he normally has all day to throw the ball.and on the other side all he does is hand it to #2 and let him go.bcz that oline will create a whole.

15 hours ago, dj said:

I've been watching yall. I think a rematch is coming. Yall looked gud tonite.

If he told the truth, they would rather not face the Dawgs again. 
I have a feeling it will be worse. 
The Dawgs are now in playoff mode and will better next week and in championship mode the week after. 
I would not want to face that defense for all the marbles. 

1 hour ago, Horton said:

I would not want to face that defense for all the marbles. 

We won't mind giving it a shot. They may have 50 pounds a man on us on bothe sides of the line..........but they don't have intimidation factor. Our kids have played theirs enough that we know what to expect. We just got to get there first. One at a time. 

19 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

We won't mind giving it a shot. They may have 50 pounds a man on us on bothe sides of the line..........but they don't have intimidation factor. Our kids have played theirs enough that we know what to expect. We just got to get there first. One at a time. 

Respectfully, they don’t need the intimidation factor. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Respectfully, they don’t need the intimidation factor. 

I understand that. But some are beat before they take the field because its Carthage.  We play every year. Sometimes we win but lately its been Carthage. Maybe I meant more of expectation than intimidation. We just like anyone else would be. Let's get there and then we will take our chances. Its not like we haven't gotten our ass kicked 3 different times in the state championship game. But 3 times we were in a place that many others would like to have been. 

30 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Saw it with my own eyes once. I've had gilmer picked to make it back. Playing them a 2nd time should be to your advantage. Just gotta get their first.

I'm not saying we can win. But we have beaten a 4A D1 team that is still playing. We are pretty dang good. It may just be a bad year to be pretty good. 

On 12/5/2020 at 2:43 PM, Hagar said:

Carthage will win 4AD2.  Would win 4AD1 imo.   Would be a handful in 5AD2.   They’re extremely well coached.  Have size, speed and depth.  If they have a weakness, I don’t see it.

Ehh I’d give them a couple rounds in 5A D2 .. depending on the bracket

3 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Argyle is no slouch 

I’ve looked at them.  Not living in NTX., I’m not familiar with their opposition, but doubt they’d be able to beat Carthage.  I watch a short film.  Doesn’t look like their line is as big as Carthage.  Still, would be a matchup worth seeing.   I’d like to see Carthage & Aledo go at it.

All hypothetical anyway.  One thing for sure, that will be proven or disproven on the field, no one in 4AD2 can touch them.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I’ve looked at them.  Not living in NTX., I’m not familiar with their opposition, but doubt they’d be able to beat Carthage.  I watch a short film.  Doesn’t look like their line is as big as Carthage.  Still, would be a matchup worth seeing.   I’d like to see Carthage & Aledo go at it.

All hypothetical anyway.  One thing for sure, that will proven or disproven on the field, no one in 4AD2 can touch them.

Man... I don’t think Carthage hangs with Aledo lol @Mr. Buddy Garrity thoughts? 

Guest ECBucFan

I have seen both Carthage and Argyle play this year. Argyle blew an athletic Paris team out of the stadium. Argyle has a very stout Defense. Yes, I know Carthage is really the Pittsburg Steelers in red uniforms, but don't think Argyle could not win.  

22 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I have seen both Carthage and Argyle play this year. Argyle blew an athletic Paris team out of the stadium. Argyle has a very stout Defense. Yes, I know Carthage is really the Pittsburg Steelers in red uniforms, but don't think Argyle could not win.  

This would be a good game to watch.