Goose Creek Memorial 24 Beaumont United 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

Freakin HORRIBLE and SAD second half effort.  Horrible play calling the last couple of plays.  And even worse play call for that last play.  No second half adjustments.  Non. Like I e always said, seems like our local coaches just will not try anything new.  It’s like ‘we’ve practiced this all week.  If it’s not working, we’re going to keep trying it until we get it right’.  That’s NOT the mindset you see in Central Texas or west Texas football. On top of that,it will be worse next week since obviously you wanted Manvel since this horrible showing I had to witness. Furthermore, I can’t think of the last time a Beaumont team lost to two Baytown schools....  at least our basketball team will be better after next week.  I’m out.  ✌🏿

• WOSgrad changed the title to Goose Creek Memorial 24 Beaumont United 14/FINAL
5 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

The TV guys indicated GCM was already the 3 seed.  If Lee loses does GCM not become the 2 seed?

That is the way that I have it figured, because the Top 4 would be

PA Memorial - 7-0/6-1

Goose Creek Memorial - 5-2

Baytown Lee - 4-3

Beaumont United 4-3

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Freakin HORRIBLE and SAD second half effort.  Horrible play calling the last couple of plays.  And even worse play call for that last play.  No second half adjustments.  Non. Like I e always said, seems like our local coaches just will not try anything new.  It’s like ‘we’ve practiced this all week.  If it’s not working, we’re going to keep trying it until we get it right’.  That’s NOT the mindset you see in Central Texas or west Texas football. On top of that,it will be worse next week since obviously you wanted Manvel since this horrible showing I had to witness. Furthermore, I can’t think of the last time a Beaumont team lost to two Baytown schools....  at least our basketball team will be better after next week.  I’m out.  ✌🏿

Relax lol. You ok?🤣

4 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

BMT United about to get beat by 60! If GCM remains at the 3rd seed they draw Foster... another beat down for District 9. In all honesty,  PAM is the only team from you guys District that will survive the 1st rd. 

Tell ya what. GCM will just show up next week and let the chips fall where they may.

The best thing about an opinion is that it is free. So we will take yours on face value.

9 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Tell ya what. GCM will just show up next week and let the chips fall where they may.

The best thing about an opinion is that it is free. So we will take yours on face value.

We can all talk about what, will, should, could, might, probably, happen...at the end of the day, NONE of our thoughts, opinions, suggestions, or predictions, matter whatsoevever. 11 teenage boys will line up against the other 11 teenage boys, and they will determine the outcome. I will die on this hill, with the statement I am about to make. Coach Shannon Carter and his staff at GCM, deserve one helluva “attaboy” for the coaching job they have done with this group. Since back to back losses against PAM/REL, the patriots have won 4 in a row, and have trailed from the beginning in all of them. The halftime adjustments that this staff has made/put together, is second to none. Tonight, United’s defense was magnificent in the first half, the only first down GCM had, was via penalty. In the second half, that same defense/coaching staff  was overwhelmed, outmatched, and flat out whooped, for 24 points in the 3rd qtr alone. Congrats to the Patriots, and good luck to our fellow district mates, representing 9-5A in the Division 1 UIL State Playoffs.