Favorite Trick Play??

Bulldogs92

I was listening to a radio station in Dallas earlier when this topic came up. They mentioned a play run a long time ago somewhere in West Texas called the "Dead Rabbit" where a receiver starts hopping in motion yelling "SHOOT ME!" the whole way. The quarterback then starts making a shooting gesture at the receiver and the receiver plays dead on the field. 

While the defense is watching all of this wondering what the heck is going on, the quarterback goes under center and quickly takes the snap and pitches to the tailback going in the opposite direction and scores an easy touchdown. I got a good laugh out of that story. 

What's the wildest trick play that you've heard of?

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I was listening to a radio station in Dallas earlier when this topic came up. They mentioned a play run a long time ago somewhere in West Texas called the "Dead Rabbit" where a receiver starts hopping in motion yelling "SHOOT ME!" the whole way. The quarterback then starts making a shooting gesture at the receiver and the receiver plays dead on the field. 

While the defense is watching all of this wondering what the heck is going on, the quarterback goes under center and quickly takes the snap and pitches to the tailback going in the opposite direction and scores an easy touchdown. I got a good laugh out of that story. 

What's the wildest trick play that you've heard of?

Some coaches would say that the basic plays for the Wing T or Slot T are trick plays. lol

Guest ECBucFan
49 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Was watching that game last night. Still don’t understand why the defense didn’t move. 

Because the linemen sold it. The center, QB and receiver were the only ones who moved. That, and the Trinity defense was not paying attention. Got to coach em up better. 

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Because the linemen sold it. The center, QB and receiver were the only ones who moved. That, and the Trinity defense was not paying attention. Got to coach em up better. 

I've seen defensive backs get beat worse on plays where they were paying attention.

It wasn't like he was standing all by himself in the end zone with enough time to eat a sandwich before the defender got there.

44 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I've seen defensive backs get beat worse on plays where they were paying attention.

It wasn't like he was standing all by himself in the end zone with enough time to eat a sandwich before the defender got there.

Absolutely.   The DB was at least in coverage.   Nine out of ten would’ve just stood still.   😄

6 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

I always liked the old guard around...Those guards run hard and always looking to try and truck someone....lol

The old guard around. For all you old timers who may remember I think WO-S ran that successfully against a very good Jasper team in the '86 region finals in Huntsville. The play was the difference in a close game, if it doesn't work Jasper is state champion that year instead of WO-S.

4 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

The old guard around. For all you old timers who may remember I think WO-S ran that successfully against a very good Jasper team in the '86 region finals in Huntsville. The play was the difference in a close game, if it doesn't work Jasper is state champion that year instead of WO-S.

Negative, Ghost Rider..... Jasper would have found a way to choke.  

There's big difference between the BIg Dogs like Newton, WOS, and Bridge City.... all of whom are state champions, and Jasper.