All District Awards

gonelsons

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

I don't understand your comment.  I know it's football.. I was eluding to it seeming as though everyone makes all district.  At least sometimes it seems that way.

I think it was done ok (as far as number of positions picked). In our district, 11-4A D2, you have a several different offenses and several different defenses and you have to compensate for such. Offense 1QB, 1FB, 4RB, 5WR, 5OL, 1K, 1KR. Defense 4DL, 3ILB, 4OLB, 4CB, 3S, 1P, 1PR. 

38 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

I think it was done ok (as far as number of positions picked). In our district, 11-4A D2, you have a several different offenses and several different defenses and you have to compensate for such. Offense 1QB, 1FB, 4RB, 5WR, 5OL, 1K, 1KR. Defense 4DL, 3ILB, 4OLB, 4CB, 3S, 1P, 1PR. 

True enough.  And it inevitably happens every year.. for some districts, the picks will come out and I think to myself how ridiculous it is.  Only to blame political correctness, parents, and small districts.  Oh well.. it never changes and likely won't.  I applaud the schools that try to do it right and congrats to the kids.. because they can't help it either way.

I can't help but think back to not too terribly long ago when very few teams were "successful" (playoffs) in districts that were much larger and very few kids got accolades.. making it more meaningful.  But that's just me.  Rant over.

I agree, it should be an honor that is earned.

Too many coaches don't care, and  they don't want to deal with the upset parents.

Too many coaches don't care, and they don't want to go to the trouble of actually making a decision on who is better.

Too many coaches don't care, and they don't want to upset coaches in their district by not voting for certain kids.

Too many coaches don't care, and they think just because a kid was on the district championship team that he was the better player.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

I agree, it should be an honor that is earned.

Too many coaches don't care, and  they don't want to deal with the upset parents.

Too many coaches don't care, and they don't want to go to the trouble of actually making a decision on who is better.

Too many coaches don't care, and they don't want to upset coaches in their district by not voting for certain kids.

Too many coaches don't care, and they think just because a kid was on the district championship team that he was the better player.

Appears you got this figured out, got kinfolk, (ex inlaw actually)who has a nephew on one of these lists. Hope he doesn't take it too hard when he finds out it's probably rigged. Just tell him, man you earned it, you didn't play for the championship team, your coach's caring is beyond question, those alone should help your credibility. Maybe one of these experts will publish his own list. If you make that one you'll know you're the real deal, you earned it bruh..