Santa Fe at PNG (Indians vs. Indians)

png9mon

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Even a great QB can’t do it all.   Football is still a team sport.  Based on the “Points Against”, I don’t think Bost is the problem.   Even Roschon would have trouble winning when opponents are throwing up big points on you.   

Just an outsider’s opinion.

Roschon was clearly the most visible and profound difference when he was on the field for us (because even just one athlete like him can make all the difference), but it was also three years of the defense being pretty good. In 2018 the defense was probably the closest to having a good defense we’ve had in more than a decade. 

49 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

Sadly there is good athletes on the defensive side for Png. If a team comes out running 4or 5 plays over and over and you don’t adjust to stop those said plays, well they keep running those same plays. The kids are lining up where they are told to. So where’s the problem lie now. I’ll give you 3 guesses. 

BINGO!   

51 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

Sadly there is good athletes on the defensive side for Png. If a team comes out running 4or 5 plays over and over and you don’t adjust to stop those said plays, well they keep running those same plays. The kids are lining up where they are told to. So where’s the problem lie now. I’ll give you 3 guesses. 

It appears the coaching mentality is watch the guy in front of you and see what he does. Not a real good strategy. I hate to talk bad about a coach, but numbers do not lie. And changing scheme and players week in and week out isn’t advantageous. Hell maybe we should put em in goal line defense every play. One would assume a New DC would be in order. Next year will be a super struggle. Lack of offense, to go with our defense, spells.. Heartache. IMO a QB needs to be found. If not, it will be a long season next year. On the bright side, we beat Nederland!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Stattrax said:

He has struggled to stay on the field. Has a great arm, will need some improvements IMO to be a consistent player.

It is PN-G in the BF era.  The one thing they do very well is develop their Qs.  Crippen is very good and they have a 6'3" maybe 6'4" Freshman who has been slinging it all over the yard this season.  They will be fine at that position.    

31 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

It is PN-G in the BF era.  The one thing they do very well is develop their Qs.  Crippen is very good and they have a 6'3" maybe 6'4" Freshman who has been slinging it all over the yard this season.  They will be fine at that position.    

Shea Adams, Freshman QB this year is great.  This group of Freshman boys are big, strong & fast.  Offense will be OK.  Let's get a new Defensive Coordinator on Varsity, then at least some adjustments will be made when defense can't stop another team's offense & the defensive boys will be coached on defense properly.  Not just position, but reaction.

4 hours ago, png9mon said:

Shea Adams, Freshman QB this year is great.  This group of Freshman boys are big, strong & fast.  Offense will be OK.  Let's get a new Defensive Coordinator on Varsity, then at least some adjustments will be made when defense can't stop another team's offense & the defensive boys will be coached on defense properly.  Not just position, but reaction.

The freshman are a decent group. Not on the same level as the sophomore group at that stage. But combined they have potential in the next couple of years. They need a true defensive coordinator to fulfill that potential. 

2 hours ago, chief1987 said:

The freshman are a decent group. Not on the same level as the sophomore group at that stage. But combined they have potential in the next couple of years. They need a true defensive coordinator to fulfill that potential. 

Is the current one really that bad? They did beat Nederland so there is some sort of hope he knows a little I’d guess. I don’t know. I don’t go to the games. Watching live could be worse than seeing the scores.