Santa Fe at PNG (Indians vs. Indians)

png9mon

4 hours ago, Pho Rizzle said:

Is Bost still considered to be the second coming of Roschon ? Just curious if some still believe this

Bost is a more well rounded QB than Roschon.  If the receivers could catch the 50% he would be setting records.  He will be a great college QB any power 5 passing on him will be crazy.  College receivers will catch the balls he throws.  Roschon was just a running back that throws sometimes.  SHUG was good but Bost is better at QB.

Ok Rah Rahs. Bost is a good High School QB. Not in the stratosphere of RJ. We have some good athletes on defense, they are just lost as a goose. The DC keeps changing things up week to week. But that’s BFs fault for hiring a kid out of school, who had no other experience, than at Chumperton. Last but not least, I said we would compete for the 4 seed, and that’s what we did. We beat Nederland, so it’s not a wash. Issue is the next few years do not look any better, unless BF finds himself a QB. He has a few that have played QB and done great, but he will need to make that change. If he doesn’t, we will be in the same boat for the next few seasons. He has had the opportunity to move a few kids up and finally did this week. But more than likely they will ride the pine. Congrats to the seniors on this team. They have beat Nederland, and in the BF era, that’s success!!!!

Guest ECBucFan

It may sound counterintutitive, but I think PN-G missing the playoffs would be more beneficial in the long run than a first round "one and done" beatdown. It would clearly illustrate the need for change, instead of somehow thinking its really not that urgent to fix the issues. 

And for cryin' out loud, PLEASE bring back the Purple and White, hopefully with the zigzag trim. That generic grey and white on the field is just terrible. PN-G needs to become PN-G again.  

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

It may sound counterintutitive, but I think PN-G missing the playoffs would be more beneficial in the long run than a first round "one and done" beatdown. It would clearly illustrate the need for change, instead of somehow thinking its really not that urgent to fix the issues. 

And for cryin' out loud, PLEASE bring back the Purple and White, hopefully with the zigzag trim. That generic grey and white on the field is just terrible. PN-G needs to become PN-G again.  

On that note, I want Nederland to sport the all gold look more often. There is something old school about it that looks awesome against the PNG purple. And the gray pants need to be burned. 

I think PNG and NED need a date night. All this talk about how pretty they are in different outfits sounds like y’all need a night out away from the kids. Ya know where BIG NED can be BIG NED again❤️

back to the subject, some Indian is going to get their arse kicked FRIDAY😃

16 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Ok Rah Rahs. Bost is a good High School QB. Not in the stratosphere of RJ. We have some good athletes on defense, they are just lost as a goose. The DC keeps changing things up week to week. But that’s BFs fault for hiring a kid out of school, who had no other experience, than at Chumperton. Last but not least, I said we would compete for the 4 seed, and that’s what we did. We beat Nederland, so it’s not a wash. Issue is the next few years do not look any better, unless BF finds himself a QB. He has a few that have played QB and done great, but he will need to make that change. If he doesn’t, we will be in the same boat for the next few seasons. He has had the opportunity to move a few kids up and finally did this week. But more than likely they will ride the pine. Congrats to the seniors on this team. They have beat Nederland, and in the BF era, that’s success!!!!

I have heard the Crippen kid is the next QB. He looks the part but I have not seen him play. 

9 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I think PNG and NED need a date night. All this talk about how pretty they are in different outfits sounds like y’all need a night out away from the kids. Ya know where BIG NED can be BIG NED again❤️

back to the subject, some Indian is going to get their arse kicked FRIDAY😃

You just wish you had someone to hate you the way PNG and Nederland hate each other. It's a hateful hate story. 

14 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

On that note, I want Nederland to sport the all gold look more often. There is something old school about it that looks awesome against the PNG purple. And the gray pants need to be burned. 

No to the all gold look it’s terrible .  Maybe black jerseys with the gold pants.

It’s mind boggling to me that a PNG vs Santa Fe thread is 3 pages long.   Normally this game wouldn’t be post worthy.   Hate to see PNG in this condition.   Times have changed.   To paraphrase Simon & Garfunkel, Where have you gone Coach Etheridge, two towns turn their lonely eyes to you.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:10 AM, Pho Rizzle said:

Is Bost still considered to be the second coming of Roschon ? Just curious if some still believe this

Bost is a great kid and athlete! He’s a dang good QB! Some have moved to our school trying to bump him but couldn’t even compare. Oh wait.......that’s your QB lol

The problem is his Coach is the one that is less than what some believe. Roschon is a different animal and “The Coach” at PNG had zero to do with his success, if anything he hindered him in the three seasons. Unfortunately a combination of poor leadership and decision making in the HC, a horrible selection and offensive line philosophy, and lack of having a DC... this years boys have suffered. Great group of kids in Sr and Jr class who have a history of battling and winning through the years but they also had some very knowledgeable and humble coaching! 

I sure hope the Indians pull it off and in some way end on a high but unfortunately if they do it will probably get demolished in the first round of the playoffs!