Santa Fe at PNG (Indians vs. Indians)

png9mon

As I said last week.  This game will depend on one thing, & one thing only!!!

The way PNG defense is playing, anything is possible.    We will have to see which PNG Indian Team shows up.

Coaches, especially Defensive Coordinator, must make adjustments, otherwise the only guarantee this game is that the Indians will win!!! (One, or the Other!!!)

8 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Sadly this team is done. Faircloth will continue to ignore the defense as long as his QB's are putting up big numbers. I really like Faircloth but it is just silly to not be even a tad competitive on defense. Texas City threw the ball one freaking time and we still could not get lined up to stop the run. 

PNG must move athletes around, go both ways if you need to & most importantly GET A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR WHO WILL MAKE SOME KIND OF ADJUSTMENTS!!!  Otherwise, keeping only stellar athletes on offense will not benefit you over an entire season.  This PNG team has to be able to occasionally stop other offenses from scoring!!!

I'm a major Faircloth fan, even when we lose to Nederland six years in a row. I think he is a very good coach, especially and obviously on the offensive side. I think he is a great offensive mind. I'll be sad when he eventually moves on from PNG. All that being said, the defense has been poor beginning in 2010 (and, honestly, as much as that 2010 defense struggled, it seems downright stellar compared to this year). We've had some good defensive moments, but overall we've been below what we could be. 

40 minutes ago, png9mon said:

PNG must move athletes around, go both ways if you need to & most importantly GET A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR WHO WILL MAKE SOME KIND OF ADJUSTMENTS!!!  Otherwise, keeping only stellar athletes on offense will not benefit you over an entire season.  This PNG team has to be able to occasionally stop other offenses from scoring!!!

I just want three punts in one game from the other team. Let's start there. 

I compared last years stats.

Gave up just under 22 points per game while averaging 26  on offense  

The Indians now are giving up close to 40 points per game while scoring an average of 33.

Everyone does have an off year here and there. Faircloth has only had one losing season at PNG which was the only year they didn’t make playoffs under him. Maybe it’s just another off year. 

11 minutes ago, PdaddyBball said:

I compared last years stats.

Gave up just under 22 points per game while averaging 26  on offense  

The Indians now are giving up close to 40 points per game while scoring an average of 33.

Everyone does have an off year here and there. Faircloth has only had one losing season at PNG which was the only year they didn’t make playoffs under him. Maybe it’s just another off year. 

Right - overall, PNG has been a strong team. I think part of the issue people are seeing this year is that this team has so many good pieces that being bad is a surprise. The 2012 team that didn't make the playoffs was bad from top to bottom (only beat Silsbee and Lumberton), with the exception of Jeremiah Rose (who was one of the all-time great receivers of PNG history) and several of the underclassmen. 

52 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Or at least decide to never punt on offense. Might as well make it a no punt and onside kick every time type of team if you are never going to stop the other team from scoring. 

With this team that would be just as good. We would actually convert a few of those 4th downs. And we'd probably get at least one onside kick. 

58 minutes ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

We beat Nederland that's all that matters, haha.  Defense had a great game that night.

if that's all that matters to your season, then congrats and enjoy watching the playoffs from the couch...you are telling me that if png was 1-9 with the lone win being over Nederland every year that you would be ok?

keep in mind that you were a QB injury to nederland away from this week being irrelevant and already being out of the playoffs...

45 minutes ago, Razor said:

if that's all that matters to your season, then congrats and enjoy watching the playoffs from the couch...you are telling me that if png was 1-9 with the lone win being over Nederland every year that you would be ok?

keep in mind that you were a QB injury to nederland away from this week being irrelevant and already being out of the playoffs...

Chill Pill Time!!! LEEROY was just trying to get under you skin. It's Cool!!!

However, I can admit that in years past it was TJ that PNG wanted to beat primarily.

That was an era where we had at least good, if not great teams at PNG.

The motto was back then:  Beat Only TJ & it was a Good Year, Beat TJ & Nederland, it was Great Year.

This years PNG Team is Blessed just to be in a position to make the playoffs.  

Wish every team, from our district, the best in the playoffs this year!

lol...Leeroy ain't getting under my skin...I was actually just poking some fun at him a bit and trying to get under his.

one thing we can agree on is the best of luck to our local teams that are fortunate enough to make the post season...let's play a few weeks after the regular season and have make some memories along the way

2 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Or at least decide to never punt on offense. Might as well make it a no punt and onside kick every time type of team if you are never going to stop the other team from scoring. 

Yes! Why aren't we going for it on 4th down??? Who cares if we turn the ball over midfield, we aren't stopping the other team anyway. 

said the same years ago when I went to watch vidor play Summer Creek in a playoff game...vidor was never going to stop the SC offense, so why ever punt and they should have onside kicked every time...that night anyway, whether SC had 90 yards or 50 yards to travel, the result was going to be the same, a score...why not at least give yourself a chance to get or keep the ball

17 hours ago, Razor said:

Scoreboard

21 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

It's not the d coordinators fault when PNG's defense has been bad for several years. They keep the main studs only on offense, what do you think is going to happen to the defense?   

When you insist on running a 3 man front with 2 linebackers that might weigh 170 pounds you need to be checked. Teams run up the middle on us at will but we will still litter the field with DB's. 

18 hours ago, Razor said:

We would have WON anyway.

16 minutes ago, Pho Rizzle said:

Is Bost still considered to be the second coming of Roschon ? Just curious if some still believe this

I have never heard anyone say that. He is a very good QB. He has a better arm than Roschon. What he lacks is the competitive drive and killer instinct RJ has.