Carthage vs China Spring

Crawford

Quarterfinals  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• China Spring Cougars
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:30 AM

• WOSgrad changed the title to Carthage vs China Spring
6 hours ago, Reagan said:

Let me check the coaching records first.

This is what I found:  China Spring's coach:  Record is  11-13.  Only has been a head coach for 2 years.

Carthage's coach:   Record is  164-28 with 7 State Championships.

Although anything is possible on any given game day/night -- the advantage has to go to Carthage.  

This may help. 
Salado beat China Spring 28 to 14 in district play. 
Salado averaged 373 yards and 45 points a game. 
The Dawgs held Salado to 17 total yards and zero points in the first half. 
The Dawgs put up 28 points and 257 yards in the first half. 
The Dawgs let off the gas in the second half. Salado scored 7 points on a fake punt against the special teams unit of the Dawgs. 
The Dawg starting defense has not a point since the second week of October. They are allowing 6.6 points a game. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What was the result of that one?

FYI, that game was in 2016.   This years Carthage is one of them unstoppable forces.   Surratt will pull the starters, probably in the 3rd Qtr.  I think they’re that good - on both sides of the ball.   Their O & D lineman would make many colleges green with envy.  Wonder what the weight average is?   I know they’re BIG.

I watched them one game on livestream.  Very impressive.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

Surratt will pull the starters, probably in the 3rd Qtr.

I'm sure those backups have been getting alot of playing time against top opponents all season. A big reason for the continuation of dominance. Playing 16 games a season is an extra half a season of practice per year. I remember a few years back we had a guy that broke the "most games played record" at WOS. I think it was over 60 games in a 4 year career, when most student athletes are lucky to get 20 or 30.

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I'm sure those backups have been getting alot of playing time against top opponents all season. A big reason for the continuation of dominance. Playing 16 games a season is an extra half a season of practice per year. I remember a few years back we had a guy that broke the "most games played record" at WOS. I think it was over 60 games in a 4 year career, when most student athletes are lucky to get 20 or 30.

Exactly! This is why Carthage continues to be so dominant. Obviously it helps to have great players, but when Carthage is carrying 70 kids on the varsity in the playoffs (a lot of freshman and sophomores) this is a huge advantage in getting the next group ready. And you better believe that is what Surratt is doing. He is playing the long game. Of course he wants to win this year, but always planning for the next. 

28 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Yeah that's about right lol. 

No one has scored 20 on the Dawgs this year, even when the starters are pulled in the third quarter. 
I don’t see China Spring scoring 20 on this Dawg defense. 
The Dawg D is just that good and we may being getter CB/wide receiver back this week. He has been out seven weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Horton said:

No one has scored 20 on the Dawgs this year, even when the starters are pulled in the third quarter. 
I don’t see China Spring scoring 20 on this Dawg defense. 
The Dawg D is just that good and we may being getter CB/wide receiver back this week. He has been out seven weeks. 

He said win by less than 20, not that CS was going to score 20.