Covid Vaccines - To Take or Not To Take

Hagar

Here’s the deal.   There will be priorities.   Medical folks first, then.....   Heard a News report that @ 50% of Mecical people in Texas say they won’t take the shots.  That could change as more information is released of the vaccine testing.   Probably high up on the list will be the elderly (since medium age of Covid deaths is in the 70’s).   That’s me, and probably some of you.

Question for all of you is, as of now, have you decided to take it or not?   Honestly, I’m still iffy.   If all the initial folks taking it don’t start keeling over, I might.  Just wonder what most of you think.

My concern is the type of vaccine. If my understanding is correct, it is the 1st molecular DNA based vaccine. That means genetic altering. The results of which may not be known for some time. Survival of the fittest for thousands of years has morphed mankind to where we are today. But this could be the start of something we have no control over. We are the Guinea pigs for this experiment.

NO, I will not be taking the vaccine.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

My concern is the type of vaccine. If my understanding is correct, it is the 1st molecular DNA based vaccine. That means genetic altering. The results of which may not be known for some time. Survival of the fittest for thousands of years has morphed mankind to where we are today. But this could be the start of something we have no control over. We are the Guinea pigs for this experiment.

NO, I will not be taking the vaccine.

This is kinda how I feel. 

I think I will take it once I can get it.  I haven't contracted the virus up to this point but the thought of not being able to breath and possibly being on a ventilator scares me more than taking the vaccine.  

My question to some of you is what are you going to do if your employer and most other employers requires that you take it to keep your job or if health insurance requires that you take it to be covered?  Or for those that have school aged children, they can't return to school and/or participate in extracurricular activities unless they have taken the vaccine?

8 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I think I will take it once I can get it.  I haven't contracted the virus up to this point but the thought of not being able to breath and possibly being on a ventilator scares me more than taking the vaccine.  

My question to some of you is what are you going to do if your employer and most other employers requires that you take it to keep your job or if health insurance requires that you take it to be covered?  Or for those that have school aged children, they can't return to school and/or participate in extracurricular activities unless they have taken the vaccine?

You’ve ask some interesting questions, and it’s possible some may have to confront some of those choices.   Ordinarily it wouldn’t happen, but these are extraordinary times.   The Feds & State Govt have already done things unthinkable prior to Covid.   Since seniors are in the high risk group, Medicare may require it - Take it or lose your Medicare.  Who knows what the future will bring.   Scary possibilities.

Just thought of something else that bothers me.   Harvard Med estimates up to 29% of Covid test are false/positive.  Has it occurred to anyone else how strange it is we can’t make an accurate Covid test, yet they claim to have a safe, effective vaccine?   And why aren’t they testing people now to see who may have, unknowingly, already had it, and don’t need a vaccine?

These type questions don’t encourage someone to run out and take the vaccine.

It’s funny - I heard them talking about cities being in the “purple zone” in California.  I have no idea what it meant, but it sounds like straight out of “Hunger Games”.  It’s like a movie, and a bad movie to boot.  So I refuse to take a vaccine and you are hypothetically non-insurable? So I refuse to take a vaccine and hypothetically you are unable to shop at a store because you can’t produce vaccine verification?  I’ve had it and was sick for a week with really bad flu symptoms.  Like “Demolition Man” - I guess I’ll be part of the underground eating rat-burgers.  

20 hours ago, Chester86 said:

It’s funny - I heard them talking about cities being in the “purple zone” in California.  I have no idea what it meant, but it sounds like straight out of “Hunger Games”.  It’s like a movie, and a bad movie to boot.  So I refuse to take a vaccine and you are hypothetically non-insurable? So I refuse to take a vaccine and hypothetically you are unable to shop at a store because you can’t produce vaccine verification?  I’ve had it and was sick for a week with really bad flu symptoms.  Like “Demolition Man” - I guess I’ll be part of the underground eating rat-burgers.  

Rat burgers....lmao.