Silsbee 2021 Football

BADSANTA

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

How does Silsbee look for next season? How was the JV squad and freshman squads this year?

Lose a lot on offensive and defensive lines and some linebacker. Got a couple of good RB's returning and 3 of 4 secondary returning.

Silsbee did not have a freshmen team.

Have no clue on how the JV did. Don't keep up with that stuff.

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lose a lot on offensive and defensive lines and some linebacker. Got a couple of good RB's returning and 3 of 4 secondary returning.

Silsbee did not have a freshmen team.

Have no clue on how the JV did. Don't keep up with that stuff.

Did Silsbee not have enough kids for a freshman team? 

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m still surprised that your numbers aren’t up with all of the recent success.

Also disappointed that the SIL o-line isn’t a consistent powerhouse. I thought that was Coach Smith’s bread and butter. 

Hooefully it was just a rebuilding issue this year. 

It was 

On 11/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Also disappointed that the SIL o-line isn’t a consistent powerhouse. I thought that was Coach Smith’s bread and butter. 

You watch film as season progressed probably  played better than you think, sev played both ways. Right now more skill kids in program than big boys. This years 6th, 7th, grade loaded with big boys. In a couple years should really be good up front. As for now, need a Covid free normal offseason to develop existing fat kids, and young ones.

5 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

You watch film as season progressed probably  played better than you think, sev played both ways. Right now more skill kids in program than big boys. This years 6th, 7th, grade loaded with big boys. In a couple years should really be good up front. As for now, need a Covid free normal offseason to develop existing fat kids, and young ones.

I'd heard that this year's freshman class was chock full o' big boys.... There was talk that some of them might see some playing time on V because Silsbee was otherwise so short of lineman.  Or at least that one of the moms was telling me, lol.  

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'd heard that this year's freshman class was chock full o' big boys.... There was talk that some of them might see some playing time on V because Silsbee was otherwise so short of lineman.  Or at least that one of the moms was telling me, lol.  

Thats probably the ones I was told need a good off season, 

On 11/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Inexperienced to start the season, made good strides at getting better thru the year then the injury bug hit and by the latter part of the year started really jelling (about the time we started playing Bridge City). That was also the time we started getting several seniors back that had been out all year with injuries. Coach Smith and Coach Jones did a good job on the O-line. Next year may even be younger. 

12 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Inexperienced to start the season, made good strides at getting better thru the year then the injury bug hit and by the latter part of the year started really jelling (about the time we started playing Bridge City). That was also the time we started getting several seniors back that had been out all year with injuries. Coach Smith and Coach Jones did a good job on the O-line. Next year may even be younger. 

It's good to hear the back story... I just expected that we'd all be talking about how good the O-line is, and it never seemed to materialize... in fact, kind of the opposite according to the posters here.