Too Early? Coogs vs. Dogs!

CowbellCoog

Who yah got next week as Nederland comes to the Jungle to take on the Cougars?

Cougars are going for a outright district championship and the Bulldogs are looking for the upset and take a share as co-champs. 

What stats you got? I haven't watched the dogs this year, only seen 2 nail biters to a failed png team, and lucky win over the aunt mound. Both of who we only allowed a combined 17 points...

I'll take my coogs, with a score of 42-14

32 minutes ago, CowbellCoog said:

Cougars are going for a outright district championship and the Bulldogs are looking for the upset and take a share as co-champs. 

What stats you got? I haven't watched the dogs this year, only seen 2 nail biters to a failed png team, and lucky win over the aunt mound. Both of who we only allowed a combined 17 points...

I don’t think it means anything, but if you compare stats on the same district opponents, Crosby scores 43 ppg. and allows 7.  Nederland scores 36 ppg. And allows 18.

34 minutes ago, CowbellCoog said:

Lucky win? Do tell....

13 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Gonna be a tough one!! .  I'm taking Nederland by 7... but wouldn't be surprised to see Crosby by 14.. 

Defense PPG Crosby 15.5 Nederland 17.5 

Offense PPG Crosby 40    Nederland 33

Yea, the stats I posted above only included district games against the same opponents.  I was considering Nederland had two games cancelled and that is why I didn’t include them. 

2 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Yea, the stats I posted above only included district games against the same opponents.  I was considering Nederland had two games cancelled and that is why I didn’t include them. 

Either way... It should be a great game.  I think realistic odds are clearly leaning towards Crosby.  Still. Gotta take my dogs by 7 

The last opportunity Crosby had to finish as undefeated district champions was 2017. We were 9-0 and heavily favored and lost at home to New Caney 63-38. More impactful part was that loss dropping us into the D2 #2 seed which set up the 72-69 loss to PNG in bi-district. 

Nederland always matches up well with Crosby. They usually have just enough personnel wise and play at that slower pace that seems to complicate things for the Cougars. Crosby has been the best team in 12-5A-D2 all year and has a chance to finish off their most impressive run through district play that I can remember. Ned is trying to prove they’re the best team in the district at the end of the year. This is exactly where both teams were hoping to be when the season started. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They have to beat BH. 

PNG facing Santa Fe next week with their chances to make/miss the playoffs is a saving grace. A TC upset of BH is unlikely, therefore causing the District more than likely to end up :

1st- Crosby 

2nd- Nederland 

3rd- Barbers Hill 

4th- PNG

... unfortunately for PNG though is FB Marshall will be their Rd. 1 opponent. Lol

1 minute ago, Cougar239 said:

PNG facing Santa Fe next week with their chances to make/miss the playoffs is a saving grace. A TC upset of BH is unlikely, therefore causing the District more than likely to end up :

1st- Crosby 

2nd- Nederland 

3rd- Barbers Hill 

4th- PNG

... unfortunately for PNG though is FB Marshall will be their Rd. 1 opponent. Lol

FBM will put 70 on Png smh. And Png might not score 10pts in the process. 

22 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

1st- Crosby 

2nd- Nederland 

3rd- Barbers Hill 

4th- PNG

Crazy thing is if TC upsets BH.  TC goes in as 3 and BH gets the 4 and date with FB Marshall.   Between Crosby/Ned who would you rather play?  Houston sterling or the loser of FB willowridge/Galena park.   I’d rather win and go to bottom bracket with FB Marshall instead lose and be top half bracket with Texas High and Huntsville